IGNORED

Sizzler now has a plant based menu

Apparently Sizzlers in Thailand now has a plant based menu that is being served in Bangkok and Pattaya through 2019. This is interesting as I don't think Sizzlers in America has those options.

I'm pretty excited as I'll definitely be eating at Sizzlers often next time I'm in Pattaya. No word on if it will be offered in 2020 but hopefully so.

I'm a huge fan of Beyond meat and ear it regularly back home.

https://www.sizzler.co.th/en/menu-plant-based

SIZZLER LAUNCHES VEGAN MEAT OPTIONS IN THAILAND

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 2 months later...

They were still serving the vegan options earlier this month so maybe they just extended the promotion a bit.

I was able to sample three of the dishes (as with all Sizzler meals, the all you can eat salad buffet is included).

Beyond Caramelized Onion Burger 

821408283_IMG_20191231_112723-Copy.thumb.jpg.54db378585838755f4b79e0cb4fd1454.jpg

The patty was Beyond Beef so anyone that's had them before will know what it tastes like. These patties are the older style Beyond Beef; in the U.S. they have a newer version that more resembles beef texture and taste wise. I didn't care much for the buns which had a very soft texture and an off putting, almost buttery taste to it. The vegan cheese wasn't that great either. 

Beyond Steak with Pepper Sauce

1650913631_IMG_20200102_113852-Copy.thumb.jpg.2f2f5c81126aeabc6762ebdcbe11f1c6.jpg

This was simply a Beyond meat patty with black pepper sauce and sides. The pepper sauce was actually pretty tasty, but it was just one Beyond patty, come on!

Beyond Chili Dog

1682292825_IMG_20200104_121108-Copy.thumb.jpg.83139df97df037b686e1fbcefdbef8db.jpg

This was the worst of the bunch. Beyond sausages actually come in several flavors including Brat original, Sweet Italian, and Hot Italian. Whichever one they used, the sweetness of the sausage was not suitable for a chili dog. The chili also tasted off to me as it was much too sweet. The whole thing was a hot mess.

I did not try the Omni steak.

All of the above meals cost 479 baht or about 16 U.S. dollars. Even with the all you can eat salad included with the meal, not worth it. Thumbs down.

For those interested in eating plant-based in Pattaya, just stick with the all you can eat salad as that can fill you up quick.

I just wish Carl's Jr Pattaya offered Beyond meat like they do in the U.S.

Official Pattaya Song

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to the Sizzler link in #1 it is 139 bt during weekdays.

I may check next week.

Edited by bangna

They certainly haven’t rolled that out in Pattaya yet. I’ve been to all of them within the last week and was at Terminal 21 today and that stuff wasn’t on the menu. 

I think Sizzler's stopped serving these options altogether since it was only supposed to be available through the end of last year. 

Cheaper and probably tastes better buying Beyond at your local grocery like Villa market (325 baht for two patties) and some buns and cooking it (if you can).

Official Pattaya Song