IGNORED

Restaurants, Food Outlets, opening and closing - UPDATES

Taa_Saparot

39 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Pizza place also gone, really only RHT and the mega expensive Supermarket open now.

You really should visit the place before making such a statement...

Mr DIY going strong

MCD going strong

Starbucks meh

Amazon stealing Starbucks business

Villa Markets going strong

(The Gym, I forget the name) very busy in the evening hours

Robin Hood... Seems to be trying to go upscale with new menu items...  At least they're trying...

Food Court, meh

Most of the retail outlets hurting

The hair salon place seems to have steady business...

The next Nana Plaza wannabe... nowhere to be seen... and doubt it will ever happen...

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Pizza place also gone, really only RHT and the mega expensive Supermarket open now.

In the supermarket, on the left when you enter from Second Road, is an inexpensive but quite decent cafe with cute waitresses. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Robin's Nest on Soi Diana today for lunch. When paying the bill I chatted with one of the owners, the Thai man.

He said tomorrow, Thursday, is the last day the restaurant would be open.

Looks like Fryday's in New Plaza maybe raising the white flag. I rode thru New Plaza this evening and there were 4-5  thai guys dismantling all the furnishings and fixtures.  

• 2 weeks later...

hooters............from sept 4th................

2000218475_31aug004(Custom).JPG.6b22bd9f5ea8f6aa006222ec3594f9fe.JPG

641040554_31aug002(Custom).JPG.7bc173678d7b458e6867583a17094d37.JPG

1759607670_31aug003(Custom).JPG.f54c93bbf508b782e2797c9877ae6a84.JPG

1208315794_31aug001(Custom).JPG.4f2b5122ff255a6ec7427a45abd39832.JPG

Edited by striderman

7 minutes ago, striderman said:

FB page still saying the 2nd with a female DJ nightly.

I just walked past the food court,in the avenue, all the stands are gone everything cleared out,But There are some stalls opening at the front, Looks like it has gone full circle, it was better, cheaper and much busier before they built it, even when they moved the stalls upstairs. I wonder what the plans for the food court are now.

Edited by bluechef

13 minutes ago, striderman said:

tomorrow..............

1166781074_1sept002(Custom).JPG.a465434a313ae6245a0ecc41f52e57ab.JPG

good luck with mostly ex-pats left

141007040_1sept003(Custom).JPG.92f0ec46a96c055f08f42bdc52c2e993.JPG

Double good luck as not many sexpat Charlie’s are gonna be queuing up to get back in there from buakow/ LKM.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

1 minute ago, stickyfingers said:

Double good luck as not many sexpat Charlie’s are gonna be queuing up to get back in there from buakow/ LKM.

It wasn't that busy pre covid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluechef said:

I just walked past the food court,in the avenue, all the stands are gone everything cleared out,But There are some stalls opening at the front, Looks like it has gone full circle, it was better, cheaper and much busier before they built it, even when they moved the stalls upstairs. I wonder what the plans for the food court are now.

Movie theater open again... showing Tenet and The New Mutants... 

The Bowling alley is closed...

34 minutes ago, Saddic said:

Movie theater open again... showing Tenet and The New Mutants... 

The Bowling alley is closed...

Like I have said in a previous post, the best thing the owners could do is pull it down, A few businesses are doing ok ish , The rest are a disaster the wrong model in the wrong place.

6 hours ago, bluechef said:

About a month ago there were about 6? food stalls still in business inside the Ave food court but the rest was all shut down......I knew the end was close....I would speculate that just about all the food stalls lost their ass being part of that sinking ship.....That place was very poorly patronized from day #1.........They did a nice remodel but the Ave curse struck once again..... 

Edited by fforest

On 31/08/2020 at 12:36, striderman said:

2000218475_31aug004(Custom).JPG.6b22bd9f5ea8f6aa006222ec3594f9fe.JPG

641040554_31aug002(Custom).JPG.7bc173678d7b458e6867583a17094d37.JPG

1759607670_31aug003(Custom).JPG.f54c93bbf508b782e2797c9877ae6a84.JPG

1208315794_31aug001(Custom).JPG.4f2b5122ff255a6ec7427a45abd39832.JPG

In case you missed it the 50% off everything says EVERY DAY between 3-4 PM.......

I so far have not spent 1 baht in hooters ever, but with a 50% discount I may have to give it a try....... I will be wearing a mask so no one recognizes me... 

But there is still the 17% tax on everything.....

Edited by fforest

Not sure how long this place has been open in tree-town but I stopped in and had a pork Pita very good will returnIMG_20200901_222639.thumb.jpg.3d7218b9a27214f10bbc4040477e274e.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, fforest said:

About a month ago there were about 6? food stalls still in business inside the Ave food court but the rest was all shut down......I knew the end was close....I would speculate that just about all the food stalls lost their ass being part of that sinking ship.....That place was very poorly patronized from day #1.........They did a nice remodel but the Ave curse struck once again..... 

I was surprised when they opened after the lock down It was a few after, restaurants were allowed to open, I live very close to this place. It has never been viable from day 1

50 minutes ago, fforest said:

In case you missed it the 50% off everything says EVERY DAY between 3-4 PM.......

I so far have not spent 1 baht in hooters ever, but with a 50% discount I may have to give it a try....... I will be wearing a mask so no one recognizes me... 

But there is still the 17% tax on everything.....

It made me laugh when lockdown first started, Hooters advertised delivery only. I wonder if anyone did, take out the tits why would you pay those prices? For not  very good wings that you can get for about 75% less for a better product off, of a street stall?  

• Like 3

Hard times at the Central Festival food courts.......I was there at about 5 PM.......The place was deader than a DoDo bird........If this keeps up we will soon be having the Ave part 2 at Central Mall.....It was very bad timing that they finished that loong loong remodel only a short time before Covid hit.....The prices are now dropping  like a rock.......

27874.jpg

27875.jpg

27876.jpg

27877.jpg

27887.jpg

27888.jpg

Edited by fforest

On 01/09/2020 at 23:44, Soi7 said:

Not sure how long this place has been open in tree-town but I stopped in and had a pork Pita very good will returnIMG_20200901_222639.thumb.jpg.3d7218b9a27214f10bbc4040477e274e.jpg

Looks good, will function test at weekend, good to see pork on menu

• 2 weeks later...

I walked along the beach yesterday evening, and noticed that The pizza hut on the corner of soi13/2 is closed,

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Friend’s stepdaughter works in Royal Garden and has been told they are discussing closing the entire Mall.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

56 minutes ago, davidge said:

Friend’s stepdaughter works in Royal Garden and has been told they are discussing closing the entire Mall.

I'm not surprised I often sit watching the water spouts while enjoying an icecream, Most of the shops have no custom what so ever, I really don't know how they survive, I should imagine the rents there are not cheap,

Edited by bluechef

Just when the Chinese-millionaires are about to start flying-in once again, in their private-jets ? :o

Perhaps a travel-bubble between Thailand (covid-free) and China (same), and the reintroduction of the usual 30-days-on-arrival stamp might help, but China would have to drop its own quarantine-system (for returning Chinese) as well, in order to make it work ! :wink:

It might also save the all-you-can-eat buffets, at the same time ! :rolleyes:

Edited by semi-retired member

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, gentleenforcer said:

Has anyone heard or know where this place is...it contains some Thai letters....

A Google Maps search shows it on Khopai Road not far from it’s junction with Pattaya Tai.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”