IGNORED

Restaurants, Food Outlets, opening and closing - UPDATES

Taa_Saparot

That space is quite big......This will be one of Amazons biggest shops.....But I would prefer a return of the 99 baht pizzas....

Love Amazon coffee. Where is that shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mrman348 said:

Love Amazon coffee. Where is that shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avenue mall

Might be wrong but did I see on some random YouTube video that the TakeAway cafe/restaurant has closed, look gutted but may have been the angle on the video, next to Marquee bar.

58 minutes ago, spider0064 said:

Might be wrong but did I see on some random YouTube video that the TakeAway cafe/restaurant has closed, look gutted but may have been the angle on the video, next to Marquee bar.

I've walked past it quite a few times recently it's always shut. Weather this is permanent or not i don't know. 

Walked past Volare, corner of soi 15  earlier this is closed with notices all over. Along with star max a few doors along, hopefully these closures are only until things pick up a bit, Not nice to see people lose their businesses,

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, bluechef said:

Walked past Volare, corner of soi 15  earlier this is closed with notices all over.

Had been up for sale since the start of the year.

3 hours ago, spider0064 said:

The Pattaya Newsflash site said it had been closed since July 3rd.

2 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Had been up for sale since the start of the year.

Yes like a lot of businesses, always up for sale, but now closed, which devalues it by quite a lot. 

17 hours ago, bluechef said:

Walked past Volare, corner of soi 15  earlier this is closed with notices all over. Along with star max a few doors along, hopefully these closures are only until things pick up a bit, Not nice to see people lose their businesses,

439756284_22july001(Custom).JPG.c4b13594dbd230c4b849fb56647b0592.JPG

18 hours ago, spider0064 said:

563356074_22july008(Custom).JPG.a2c11689f6a8f86c30010ca5dfe47555.JPG

2014883947_22july009(Custom).JPG.ae30fe8f13d47b4d2cd51ea38cfee5cd.JPG

also..............

524868315_22july003(Custom).JPG.bd8726c9a3ac0e2fd4280397639f5d11.JPG

18 hours ago, bluechef said:

Volare was priced for Tourist not Expats........Volare has been in a bad way well before Corona.....The for sale sign had popped up a few times already in the last 18 months...

I noticed today the Avenue food court is down to about 6-7-8? food stalls....And it seems they have turned off the air-con there.....When I was there I only saw a few people eating......The rest of the food court is empty.....

Just now, fforest said:

I noticed today the Avenue food court is down to about 6-7-8? food stalls....And it seems they have turned off the air-con there.....When I was there I only saw a few people eating......The rest of the food court is empty.....

I seem to remember the Aircon was turned off before the lock down, when all the stall on Soi 15 side closed or moved.I cannot see this place lasting much longer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluechef said:

I seem to remember the Aircon was turned off before the lock down, when all the stall on soi 15 side closed or moved.I cannot see this place lasting much longer.

Maybe that will clear the way for Pattaya's answer to Nana Plaza?  default_Evil_Laugh.gif.fbe75052a2740120b82cec26db16dc4b.gif    Wasn't the food court the reason the conversion to go go bars was delayed pre-corona?  :rolleyes:

Evil

• Haha 3

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

49 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Maybe that will clear the way for Pattaya's answer to Nana Plaza?  default_Evil_Laugh.gif.fbe75052a2740120b82cec26db16dc4b.gif    Wasn't the food court the reason the conversion to go go bars was delayed pre-corona?  :rolleyes:

Evil

I think you will find it was just ONE of the reasons whilst it wasn't and is unlikely to happen Matey

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

I can never see Avenue in any shape or form ever being a success  the wrong Model in the wrong place.Nothing there has ever done well. Pull it down a total white elephant.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

I think you will find it was just ONE of the reasons whilst it wasn't and is unlikely to happen Matey

13 minutes ago, bluechef said:

I can never see Avenue in any shape or form ever being a success  the wrong Model in the wrong place.Nothing there has ever done well. Pull it down a total white elephant.

I totally agree.  I was trying to be sarcastic.  I guess I should have used other emojis.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Just now, Evil Penevil said:

I totally agree.  I was trying to be sarcastic.  I guess I should have used other emojis.

Evil

555 yes please nice n simple for me and I guess the other 99.9 percent of PA as well :GrinNod1:

On 22/07/2020 at 08:09, fforest said:

Volare was priced for Tourist not Expats........Volare has been in a bad way well before Corona.....The for sale sign had popped up a few times already in the last 18 months...

Did very good regular trade before they decided to refurbish.

Old customers never came back when they re-opened.

• Like 3

Just now, Leo_Bia said:

Did very good regular trade before they decided to refurbish.

Old customers never came back when they re-opened.

When they refurbished they put a walk over at the entrance, glass topped with fish underneath, this did not last very long. This is the corner of Soi 15 and baukhau. Mission control central of cheap charliedom. wrong place to try a bit up market, 40 -50 b hole in the walls all around. 

14 hours ago, bluechef said:

When they refurbished they put a walk over at the entrance, glass topped with fish underneath, this did not last very long. This is the corner of soi 15 and baukhau. Mission control central of cheap charliedom. wrong place to try a bit up market, 40 -50 b hole in the walls all around. 

It was not cheap before the refurbishment, in fact I would say it was very poor value for money.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jimboh said:

Not surprised about LOAF, started off well but went downhill recently.

I thought, their Welcome Town branch might still be open.

But just checked their FB Page and both branches are closed permanently, and they say they are looking for new locations. 

Edited by Leo_Bia

On 24/07/2020 at 23:20, bluechef said:

The movie theaters and the bowling alley are closed at the Avenue also...

Another nail in the coffin...

Pizza place also gone, really only RHT and the mega expensive Supermarket open now.