Sign in to follow this  
harrygrout

SETV help

harrygrout

I've just been to get a single entry visa and got it issued but I've got to email them my flight details,first hotel booking and bank details. My trip is 5 months as usual so the return flight is no good as it has to be within 3 months. How do you guys stopping for longer than 3 months get round this ? Buy a cheap flight to anywhere or is a bus ticket enough ?

TIA

ginseng

I always buy an outgoing ticket to a neighboring country that is leaving within 2 months that's very cheap. I often don't use it but it fulfills the immigration requirement. There are probably more economical ways to do it but that's worked for me.

sulu

I've had 3 trips since 2014 to Patts of 6 months.

Always got SETV (once I was allowed to get 2 at once). Always had the return flight for the end of the 6 month trip and not once had a(nother) ticket out of Thailand within 3 months.

Never questioned about it.

U.S. site says "4. Copy of flight confirmation/reservation

showing going from US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)."

Note it says nothing about WHEN the return flight has to be. Perhaps the Thais view payment for a tourist visa, as opposed to no payment for "visa exempt", should allow a tourist more flexibility ? LOL As in extend, get a new SETV after the extension, come back in and go home much later ? :Dunno:

Things change though but the requirements for a SETV on the USA site says nothing about a return ticket or a ticket for any onward travel.

For "visa exempt", yes, it does say you must have an onward ticket within 30 days - then again, I am assured here on P-A that a visa exempt CAN be extended, so who knows ?

They ARE getting a bit stricter lately though so you might want to check with the Thai Embassy in England. Don't email them though as I can't get an answer from the US Thai Embassy. LOL I'd either call or go there.

Taa_Saparot
3 hours ago, harrygrout said:

I've just been to get a single entry visa and got it issued but I've got to email them my flight details,first hotel booking and bank details.

Email who?

sulu
11 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Email who?

Whoever he got the SETV from ? (Just a guess)

GorGuy
4 hours ago, ginseng said:

I always buy an outgoing ticket to a neighboring country that is leaving within 2 months that's very cheap. I often don't use it but it fulfills the immigration requirement. There are probably more economical ways to do it but that's worked for me.

A couple of times, when I have applied for a visa before turning up, I have done this - a super cheap ticket with Air Asia to Malaysia or Vietnam within a months time. An email from a guest house to say I am staying there from arrival date to super cheap ticket to Malaysia date and a letter from my bank, stamped and signed.

Super cheap ticket, no luggage one way gets binned, but got me my visa with no dramas or mucking about.

bakufoz

Yes a bus ticket is enough to prove you are leaving Thailand.

Explorer8939

FWIW, I got my SETV processed at the LOs Angeles consulate the same day.