IGNORED

Options longstay in Thailand for a Cambo girl ??

jerry

My Cambodian girfriend is staying with me in Thailand for 5 years already . Never a problem with tourist visas but since the last few months immigration started to make problems . Biggest problem now is they won't give her a tourist visa anymore even after applying to all their rules . 

Anyone having the same problem and knows about a way for Cambodians to longstay in Thailand ?? 

I don't want to sound like a smartass but it could be your best option of sharing living accommodations with Alex would be to move to Cambodia. Doing just a wild guess, you have a Thai company. Would the company be able to hire her for anything? I know others have suggested marrying her, but even with that, with your recent experiences, even that does not seem like a sure thing. It's an unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately times have changed big time during the last 5 years as I'm sure your aware of people living in Thailand on tourist visas and your girlfriend being Cambodian is no different to any falang trying to stay in Thailand on tourist visas as people are getting denied tourist visas and entry to Thailand every single day (Its all over Thai Visa).

As suggested, marrying her, trying to see if you can find her work, an ED visa is another possibility learning Thai, but in reality I dont think it matters as she is in the system with "Many" tourist and visa exempts over the years as she will be questioned and scrutinized every single time and most likely being denied entry. Good luck to you what ever you decide.

10 hours ago, jerry said:

My Cambodian girfriend is staying with me in Thailand for 5 years already . Never a problem with tourist visas but since the last few months immigration started to make problems . Biggest problem now is they won't give her a tourist visa anymore even after applying to all their rules . 

Anyone having the same problem and knows about a way for Cambodians to longstay in Thailand ?? 

Marry her...if she will have you  :Laugh1:

40 minutes ago, petermik said:

Marry her...if she will have you  :Laugh1:

Over 50 ... :sad: ... 

Marriage or finding work for her - though work will be difficult unless she has a unique skill set. Oh wait a minute - that is why you want to keep her here.

Apologies for the lack of an answer. I do feel for you.

I have a good friend who has a Cambodian GF and they stay together in Bangkok, at least 5 years now. He is sending her kid to school here, and she is on some kind of a support visa for the kid,so if your GF has a kid you could bring the kid here and then get her on a education support visa. If it is a possibility - I could check with him to see exactly what type of visa his GF is on.

Not an ideal solution as it comes with a kid - but it is an option.

Supporting Thai ladies donation by donation.

4 hours ago, dan2016 said:

Unfortunately times have changed big time during the last 5 years as I'm sure your aware of people living in Thailand on tourist visas and your girlfriend being Cambodian is no different to any falang trying to stay in Thailand on tourist visas as people are getting denied tourist visas and entry to Thailand every single day (Its all over Thai Visa).

As suggested, marrying her, trying to see if you can find her work, an ED visa is another possibility learning Thai, but in reality I dont think it matters as she is in the system with "Many" tourist and visa exempts over the years as she will be questioned and scrutinized every single time and most likely being denied entry. Good luck to you what ever you decide.

It has been pretty easy to get a tourist visa for her during the last 4 years and as Phnom Penh is the only place Cambodians can apply there's no limit . The visa agent warned us already this time that loads of visas were getting denied . 

He adviced us to get a new passport as there are many tourist visas in this one but as you say it will probably show up in their system once she applies for a new visa or shows up at a border point . Been going through the same shite myself for 8 years . Moved to thailand when i was 42 and it has been quite a struggle till i finally got a retirement visa once i turned 50 . 

Been looking into the ED visa but so many rules and still no warranty (after paying 30k a year to a school) . Marriage is no option once over 50 in Cambodia (not interested either) . Work ... almost impossible outside construction it seems . 

Leaves moving to Cambodia ... and to be honest leaning to that option more and more as the BS will probably never stop but only get worse . Wel i guess the Cambodians gonna be happy with me spending the equivalement of 150k Bht a month in their country ... :wink: 

Thanks . 

22 minutes ago, jerry said:

Over 50 ... :sad: ... 

What about getting married outside of Cambodia?  

My understanding is that legal marriage outside of Cambodia will be recognized internationally but not in Cambodia, similar to the fucked up situation with divorce in PI. I know a guy in US, in his 50s, who married a Cambodian girl in US on a student visa.   Cambodian law only applies when you’re in Cambodia.   

27 minutes ago, Hin said:

Marriage or finding work for her - though work will be difficult unless she has a unique skill set. Oh wait a minute - that is why you want to keep her here.

Apologies for the lack of an answer. I do feel for you.

I have a good friend who has a Cambodian GF and they stay together in Bangkok, at least 5 years now. He is sending her kid to school here, and she is on some kind of a support visa for the kid,so if your GF has a kid you could bring the kid here and then get her on a education support visa. If it is a possibility - I could check with him to see exactly what type of visa his GF is on.

Not an ideal solution as it comes with a kid - but it is an option.

No kids so i'm afraid it's no option either . Would be interesting to know though what kind of visa she's on . 

Thanks . 

2 minutes ago, momo5 said:

What about getting married outside of Cambodia?  

My understanding is that legal marriage outside of Cambodia will be recognized internationally but not in Cambodia, similar to the fucked up situation with divorce in PI. I know a guy in US, in his 50s, who married a Cambodian girl in US on a student visa.   Cambodian law only applies when you’re in Cambodia.   

I know it's possible in Singapore but i rather move to Cambodia instead of marrying her ... :wink:

One possibility would be to ask somebody you know, that has a legit business in thailand, to employ her in order to get her a working type visa. For example as translator or any other job that is allowed.

Sent from my Bosch Ascenta 24" using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, jerry said:

No kids so i'm afraid it's no option either . Would be interesting to know though what kind of visa she's on . 

Thanks . 

I will ask and get back to you with the answer.

13 minutes ago, jerry said:

I know it's possible in Singapore but i rather move to Cambodia instead of marrying her ... :wink:

Understandable. 

Queastion though ... assuming one were to live in Cambodia ... are  Cambodian girls open to a long term live in arrangement, a quasi marriage without being legally married, or are guys over 50 not considered long term prospects?

I’m assuming shacking up with a girl doesn’t have any sort of age limitations. 

1 hour ago, momo5 said:

Understandable. 

Queastion though ... assuming one were to live in Cambodia ... are  Cambodian girls open to a long term live in arrangement, a quasi marriage without being legally married, or are guys over 50 not considered long term prospects?

I’m assuming shacking up with a girl doesn’t have any sort of age limitations. 

Most won't be interested . Almost anyone of them is looking to marry a buffalo to take care of the entire family . 

Age limitations ... not if they're only looking for money . 

ALex (my girlfriend) is slowly getting away from the family . Hasn't contacted them in months and they don't even know we're in Cambodia at the moment . It has been a struggle but she's starting to understand that they only use her for money and for the rest aren't interested in her . She has been back in Cambodia for almost a year because her sister had talked her out of our relationship but soon enough she found out she had made the wrong decission and begged me to come back . 

Khmer girls are a bit harder to get them attached to you but once they do they go in with all they have to give . 

On 25/10/2019 at 19:31, jerry said:

Thanks . 

My friend says it is an education visa. It definitely works for him. But it does involve having a rug rat around.

Archived