Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

SureShot

Vietnam E-Visa for Canadians?

SureShot

Hey guys, 

I'm wondering if any Canadians on here have used the E-Visa option online via the Vietnam immigration website? If so, how was your experience, and ease of it?

I've only went to Vietnam by getting a stamp in my passport at the embassy in Ottawa, but it seems cheaper\easier to do it online directly through immigration. 
Any info you have would be much appreciated. 

https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt

Thanks!

jojomecanic

Don't you canadians get the exemption visa for a <15 days visit ?

SureShot
2 minutes ago, jojomecanic said:

Don't you canadians get the exemption visa for a <15 days visit ?

Thailand, we have up to 30. 
Vietnam, we need a visa for any length.

Mognam

I can only speak from my experience although I am not Canadian.  I found the eVisa process simple.  You have the right site linked.  There are  other dodgy sites that will charge you more.  The eVisa is good because once you arrive you are not required to fill out all the extra paperwork you normally would on the standard visa.  You get through quicker.  I not sure if it cost more or less.  The eVisa was emailed to me within 3 days.

One thing to remember is you have to show the print out of your eVisa form when you leave.  So make sure you have it on the ready when leaving.

SureShot
1 hour ago, Mognam said:

I can only speak from my experience although I am not Canadian.  I found the eVisa process simple.  You have the right site linked.  There are  other dodgy sites that will charge you more.  The eVisa is good because once you arrive you are not required to fill out all the extra paperwork you normally would on the standard visa.  You get through quicker.  I not sure if it cost more or less.  The eVisa was emailed to me within 3 days.

One thing to remember is you have to show the print out of your eVisa form when you leave.  So make sure you have it on the ready when leaving.

Thanks man. ya, it's 1/2 the price for the e-visa rather than going to the embassy to get a passport stamp.  
Weird, I don't recall filling out any paperwork when leaving, on the visa I got in December, it was easy to get in, easy to get out.  Maybe depends on where you're flying from. I came in to SGN, and left via Da Nang.

Edited by SureShot

Mognam
11 minutes ago, SureShot said:

Weird, I don't recall filling out any paperwork when leaving, on the visa I got in December, it was easy to get in, easy to get out.  Maybe depends on where you're flying from. I came in to SGN, and left via Da Nang.

sorry, I wasn't clear.  no filling paper work when leaving.  you have to fill in paper work on arrival if you don't already have a visa.  but I still had to show my eVisa printout when leaving.

SureShot
17 minutes ago, Mognam said:

sorry, I wasn't clear.  no filling paper work when leaving.  you have to fill in paper work on arrival if you don't already have a visa.  but I still had to show my eVisa printout when leaving.

ahhhh… okay, that makes sense. ya, definitely want to avoid that. 
Change of topic.... any recommendations for lady friendly hotels, or bad ass air bnb's walking distance to Bui Vien?
Had an awesome huge Airbnb lined up, but the price skyrocketed on me, and I find it a nightmare looking up places there. 100x the choices compared to thai, I find.

Mognam
30 minutes ago, SureShot said:

. any recommendations for lady friendly hotels, or bad ass air bnb's walking distance to Bui Vien?

I stayed at the A25 hotel Mac Ti Bui in District 1.  I got the Deluxe Double room with Balcony.  I thought the room was quite nice and the staff were excellent but for the same price you get much better in Thailand.  I read somewhere that you can take girls back there, just can't remember if I read it here or elsewhere online.  I didn't take any girls back though.  I just did them in the rooms proved in the hostess bars.  The A25 hotel is really close to a bunch of hostess bars and the Apocalypse Now nightculb.  It's not really walking distance to Bui Vien, maybe a bit more than 30 minutes.  Probably only take a few minutes by moto-taxi.  The hotel is also located around 30 minutes walk from Nguyen Phi Khanh st which has a whole bunch of Hot Tocs on it.  I'm assume that you are aware that Hot Tocs are blowjob bars disguised as hairdressing salons.

There should be some other threads here with other suggestion for hotels.

SureShot

Thanks dude. I got burned last time, and literally walked around for 3-4 hours with my girl , while she was trying to find a place that would let us stay together. it's pretty hardcore there, because it's illegal for a farang and viet to stay together unmarried. we eventually went back to my hotel, and they let us in, because it was outside the restricted hours... ( I think it was 7 or 8 am).  
i'm aware of the hot toc's, and apoclypse now., I just never made it to either last time, cause I found a super, super hot girl with insane body, tits, and loves to fuck.