IGNORED

Centara Pattaya Hotel

Jagaar

My question relates to the Centara Pattaya hotel, the one located close to Soi6.

I know it features in Australia in both the Qantas and Flight Cenre Thailand brochures, and no doubt others.(hence a property that travel agents would use quiet alot)

Have read comments regarding the large and often noisy groups that stay at this hotel

Has anyone stayed there recently and experienced any evidence of this

Also I find the map locations of hotels vary considerably from one site to another, Centara(website)  shows the Centara Nova is a 100 m or so up the road, but I believe the Nova is closer to the Amari, some 500m or so away. Is that correct.?

The Centara Pattaya hotel seems an attractive option, as close to baht bus route and short walk to Beach road.

Thanks in advance

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

its decent enough as a hotel,the deal breaker for me which stopped me staying there is the tour groups of indians,staring at children in the pool,being in your way and never doing nothing just doing your head in. If you can handle them then yeah its ok to stay in. If it were me id pay a little more and stay in @mind residence next door

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I've stayed there twice, never again! In addition to the above comments, the rooms are pretty worn.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

12 hours ago, Bawdy said:

I've stayed there twice, never again! In addition to the above comments, the rooms are pretty worn.

One thing the photos never show.

I like some peace and quiet so I think I will look elsewhere

Will check out the Mind residence as suggested

Thanks gmoule & Bawdy

1 hour ago, geezerrb said:

I admit I am easily confused but how many "Centara"there are?

What are the ones in or around Soi 15 ?

1 hour ago, Jagaar said:

One thing the photos never show.

I like some peace and quiet so I think I will look elsewhere

Will check out the Mind residence as suggested

Thanks gmoule & Bawdy

You're welcome. To add to the name confusion, the @ Mind Serviced Residence is now called Altara.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

4 hours ago, geezerrb said:

I admit I am easily confused but how many "Centara"there are?

What are the ones in or around Soi 15 ?

There are at least 6. You may be referring to Centara Azure which has the restaurant with the aquarium, or the Centara Avenue perhaps?  Their web site is none to accurate with map placements. Try Agoda possible to work out which one you are referring to

3 hours ago, Bawdy said:

You're welcome. To add to the name confusion, the @ Mind Serviced Residence is now called Altara.

Checked Altara ( all the @Mind properties are rebranding), out of my price range, but the Aster (At MInd Premier Suites) is a pssibility

On 23/10/2019 at 22:48, gmoule said:

its decent enough as a hotel,the deal breaker for me which stopped me staying there is the tour groups of indians,staring at children in the pool,being in your way and never doing nothing just doing your head in. If you can handle them then yeah its ok to stay in. If it were me id pay a little more and stay in @mind residence next door

I really like this hotel in terms of quality, location and price. The tour groups of single  Indian men can be a problem. A few years back my GFE went down to breakfast before me and came scuttling back upstairs in tears because of not just stares but also comments.

On 23/10/2019 at 17:48, gmoule said:

The first time in my life I ever felt like a racist is when encountering groups of these Indian tourists.  I have never encountered a single group of people more disconnected from the world around them.  They truly do not give a fuck and it makes my blood boil. 

On my last two tips to Pats I stayed at Centara Pattaya hotel mainly because the close proximity to Soi 6. Both trips I had nothing bad to say about the hotel, aside from what previous BM's said above... tons of Indian tourists. Gets a little annoying when you try to get a swim in at the pool but the whole pool is literately filled with Indians. No room to swim most of the lounge chairs are taken.

//

21 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I really like this hotel in terms of quality, location and price. The tour groups of single  Indian men can be a problem. A few years back my GFE went down to breakfast before me and came scuttling back upstairs in tears because of not just stares but also comments.

when I did a search of the forums, i came across your comments. Hence why I asked the question if it was still the same with Indian men. It appears it maybe, and with so many other hotels, I'll go elsewhere.

At Mind Premier suites or Centara Nova are alternatives. Believe you said Centara Nova was good?

21 hours ago, Jeffone said:

The first time in my life I ever felt like a racist is when encountering groups of these Indian tourists.  I have never encountered a single group of people more disconnected from the world around them.  They truly do not give a fuck and it makes my blood boil. 

4 hours ago, impulse325 said:

On my last two tips to Pats I stayed at Centara Pattaya hotel mainly because the close proximity to Soi 6. Both trips I had nothing bad to say about the hotel, aside from what previous BM's said above... tons of Indian tourists. Gets a little annoying when you try to get a swim in at the pool but the whole pool is literately filled with Indians. No room to swim most of the lounge chairs are taken.

No comfortable bringing a lady back if she has to encounter this.

And I need a pool, thats not full of kids, or adults. to relax in

Archived