IGNORED

INVALID_URL on inserting attachment

Hermansen

I am having issues when trying to post a movie clip as an attachments. I get a message saying " Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor.", and INVALID_URL is shown. Maybe it would help to delete it, and trying to re-upload. Any suggestions, and where do I delete my attachments?

4 hours ago, Hermansen said:

I am having issues when trying to post a movie clip as an attachments. I get a message saying " Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor.", and INVALID_URL is shown. Maybe it would help to delete it, and trying to re-upload. Any suggestions, and where do I delete my attachments?

As for the "Clear editor", not sure. Try simply refreshing the page.

For the video - Is the video on your computer or from an internet site ? If the former are you using the "Choose files" on the lower left ?

If the video is on your computer, try the "Choose files" below the text box and to the left.

If the video is from the 'net, copy the URL and simply paste it in the text box.

Like so

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

4 hours ago, sulu said:

As for the "Clear editor", not sure. Try simply refreshing the page.

For the video - Is the video on your computer or from an internet site ? If the former are you using the "Choose files" on the lower left ?

If the video is on your computer, try the "Choose files" below the text box and to the left.

If the video is from the 'net, copy the URL and simply paste it in the text box.

I am uploading the clip from my laptop. The clip uploads, and I can see it in my attachments. I add it to the post, but when I hit submit, it insist on loading a previous copy of the attachments I tried uploading with the message that my previous content has been restored, but failed. It then give the INVALID_URL message. Now there are 3 copies of the attachment uploaded, and not apparent functionality for deleting them, I am an not able to post any of them...

Like so

592670391_Screenshot2019-10-23at07_39_20.thumb.png.60869343735abf59cdf076ba7787d230.png

9 hours ago, Hermansen said:

I am uploading the clip from my laptop. The clip uploads, and I can see it in my attachments. I add it to the post, but when I hit submit, it insist on loading a previous copy of the attachments I tried uploading with the message that my previous content has been restored, but failed. It then give the INVALID_URL message. Now there are 3 copies of the attachment uploaded, and not apparent functionality for deleting them, I am an not able to post any of them...

Like so

592670391_Screenshot2019-10-23at07_39_20.thumb.png.60869343735abf59cdf076ba7787d230.png

Ahhh, OK, "Clear editor".

Clicking on that should clear out anything the site "sees"/has in the text box (like your "INVALID URL). What happens when you click on "Clear editor" ? You should end up simply with a "clean" text box.

As far as "attaching" your video, I've never attached a video from my own computer; only from a URL, so I'm afraid I don't know how to do that. You've got the video in your attachments, yes ? Exactly how you get that into a post I'm not sure.

Of course one way to do it would be to upload it to youtube and once it's there, copy the URL and simply paste the URL into your post.

Hope this helps (a little anyway).

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Archived