IGNORED

Christmas Menus 2019

Taa_Saparot

37 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I did edit it as soon as I could  :D

I was reading it too quickly!  55555

• Like 1

for those wishing to curry favour with santa.....................

beer hubb buakaow opposite chunky monkey and soi 21

1373260676_19dec003(Custom).JPG.9affe9cccefc8cb6bf445bd4e553866d.JPG

1985856480_19dec001(Custom).JPG.fe3d415bef8e26cafefb364ff8b59d73.JPG

19 dec 002 (Custom).JPG

Edited by striderman

L’Olivier - Jomtien Complex

E7D693EC-F928-4E1B-8630-18DE2D212F54.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Any reviews of where people actually ended up eating? Could be useful for next year.

Sadly, I wasn’t there so can only report what friends said. They went to Dicey Reilly’s for the third or fourth year in a row. They found the food disappointing this year. Rated it as only 4 out of 10. A secondary point was the chairs were different and not nearly as comfortable. 
They’ll be eating Christmas Dinner elsewhere next year.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

Any reviews of where people actually ended up eating? Could be useful for next year.

Sadly, I wasn’t there so can only report what friends said. They went to Dicey Reilly’s for the third or fourth year in a row. They found the food disappointing this year. Rated it as only 4 out of 10. A secondary point was the chairs were different and not nearly as comfortable. 

I was at retox yesterday and last Christmas as well. I opted for the salmon dish cause I had Turkey dinner xmas eve at kinnaree and the retox portion is massive.

The salmon was great and my friends said the turkey was great as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davidge said:

We made it to Hard Rock hotel (not the cafe) for their Christmas Buffet.

It was B1299 each and worth it. 

There were several stations:

• Cold Seafood - sashimi, sushi, large prawns, crab and a few other things
  • Salad Bar
  • Charcuterie - parma ham, smoked salmon, smoked sea bass, other dried Italian ham with the usual trimmings of cornichons, olives etc
  • Carvery - Lamb, Beef Wellington, Turkey & Gammon
  • Hot dishes - Linguine, potatoes & vegetables for the carvery, smoked duck breast, poached fish etc etc
  • Bread & Cheese - blue, soft, hard & all sorts of cheese with nuts, seeds, honeycomb/honey etc
  • Dessert - teppenyaki ice-cream and about 10m of delicious desserts that I just didn't have the room for!

Wine was B799 for a half litre carafe of reasonable Merlot - we had two!

It wasn't as good as the Hilton Christmas Buffet but, at about half the price all-in it was better value for money.

Just now, davidge said:

@Sexy Couple Was that the Xmas Eve buffet?

Christmas Day; but I believe it's the same buffet.

On 26/12/2019 at 15:33, davidge said:

I went to the Devonshire for Christmas dinner got there at 12.15 ordered the Christmas dinner.

1.00pm still no meal served then who I presume was the owner/manager came over and asked what I ordered DOH

Told me would be served 10 minutes maximum waited another 20 minutes still no meal 

Told the waitress I wanted to check bin she just ignored me so I just put 100 Baht for my beer in the bin and walked off.

Edited by Pheat