Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Suwanapoom Immigration

Taa_Saparot

Just curious ... 

How many people on this forum have been denied entry or been questioned about the amount of time they are spending in Thailand?

Interesting subject and look forward to read about others experience.

In my countless entry to the kingdom over the past 4 decades  or so, with multiple overstays and visa runs, none of the immigration offices  has ever lifted eye brow. Always same procedure; not a word, a stamp and bye-bye

This is an interesting question indeed. 

Pleasure is the only thing one should live for. 

Nothing ages like happiness.

- Oscar Wilde -

Last year coming in from Da Nang ,the lady Immigration Officer had to check with her boss that I was only needing a 30 day Tourist Visa ?

She could have asked me ! 

Thai Visa though chock a block with a lot of distracting stuff has fairly recent reports on a continuous basis as to when this happens and why.

I’ve only been questioned because I wrote that I was staying 35 days when I was on a 30 day exemption.

Other than that whenever I’ve written anything sub 30 days they’ve never asked me anything.

1 hour ago, ricktoronto said:

Thai Visa though chock a block with a lot of distracting stuff has fairly recent reports on a continuous basis as to when this happens and why.

One of the reasons I am asking here.

I came in 6 times on the visa exempt stamp at immigration in 1 year ( a year ago).

The officer said to me next time I come make sure I have a visa from the embassy in australia. I did that and no problem on my next visit

12 Pints in Know it all

Back in 2011 I got entry into Thailand with less than 6 months validity on my passport, I did have a double entry Visa though but had been denied entry to the Philippines and was kept at Clark airport for 2 nights until the next flight out back to Bangkok.  I fucked up, my mistake, lesson learned.

Last trip the young, fairly attractive female IO couldn’t believe I was spending my holiday in Isaan, and had a look of disdain on her face.   Had to consult her supervisor - ‘no problems, just do your job’  

I think the young one thought of herself as so hi-so.  She obviously hadn’t looked in the mirror and  seen her own dark skin...

Edited by SteveX08
I spell like an ....

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

4 hours ago, ricktoronto said:

That place is nothing but a shitstorm of disinformation, you'd have a better chance at getting good info from the drunkest sleaze-bag passed out in the soi trashcan in Patpong. 

And Pattaya is crawling with those bored ass fucking expats won't stop reading that shit and believe it like it's gospel truth.

- Oscar Wilde -

20 minutes ago, Zeema said:

And Pattaya is crawling with those bored ass fucking expats won't stop reading that shit and believe it like it's gospel truth.

Sorry

20 minutes ago, Zeema said:

That place is nothing but a shitstorm of disinformation, you'd have a better chance at getting good info from the drunkest sleaze-bag passed out in the soi trashcan in Patpong. 

Hence why I asked here.

27 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Sorry

Hence why I asked here.

That's cool, it's a good question to ask.

I'm just using this opportunity to let off some steam. 

:Anger:

- Oscar Wilde -

Filipina GF and I have spent 5 months a year in Thailand for the last 7 years (2 X60 days 1X30 days) I have residence in the Philippines where we have a house but we permanently rent in Pattaya

In all these visits neither of us has been  questioned by IO, in fact it has been worse for her at IO leaving Philippines

• Like 1

About 5 years ago got advised on my 4th trip for the year to get a visa if I was planning on another trip that year, only time in 40 years that's happened.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I come to Thailand 4 times every year on the 30 day visa exempt. Two years ago and 4 years ago, came 5 times.

A few years I made have made side trips to Cambodia and the Philippines and had 5 and 6 entries. 

I stay about 16 or 17 days each trip. I have never been questioned about the number or the amount of time I spend in the Kingdom.

Only one time did an immigration officer look at my entry form and question the amount of time I would be in Thailand for my holiday.

For what every reason I put down 2 1/2 weeks, he laughs and ask how many day was that.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 1 month later...

In all my trips to Thailand 9 (about 25 I think ? )   I have only been asked once why i spend so much time here...my answer , I'm retired, Canada is too damn cold an Oh yes I have a Thai girl friend ..with that he stamped my passport and off I went ..

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Never been asked anything in 32 years of visits.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Start of 2018 while entering TH through DMK immigration I was stopped for a while, questioned as to why I was making this many frequent visits & staying such a long time in the country.

The IO seemed hesitant to pass me through, I think I had been somehow flagged unfavorably.  After a long back & forth & some small talk about TGF & Pattaya I was let through. Also, he did demand to verify my old passport which I was carrying along.

I must point out that I have traveled to the kingdom on SETVs 95% of the time.   

I had been reading about such occurrences online & even made a post here on PA.

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/321887-are-frequent-visitors-being-flagged-despite-bona-fide-credentials/ 

................................................................................................................

On 15/10/2019 at 00:12, Taa_Saparot said:

Just curious ... 

How many people on this forum have been denied entry or been questioned about the amount of time they are spending in Thailand?

I have been questioned about my frequent visits. Given warning but not denied entry.

• Like 1

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:50, Mr Wombat said:

I came in 6 times on the visa exempt stamp at immigration in 1 year

I had a similar situation when I was working and making frequent trips. I was advised "Mr. this is last time this year you come in on Visa Exempt". I had entered for 3 previous short trip(10 days max)  well within the 12 months. Mainly due to work related travel transiting back to Oz. I was taking the opportunity to write up the reports in a hotel in Pattaya or Hua Hin. Definitely an example of a high value visa wasted on a short low value visit.  

So, this thread has been up 3 months and no-one has been denied...some have been asked a few routine questions is about as bad as it gets, according to the replies. TV has a rep for "overstating" the severity of things... I guess it gets them clicks.

As an aside, a mate of mine was a bit worried about having too many visa exemption stamps. He got questioned last time at Swampy and was told he would likely have problems if he did it again.... So, he flew from the sand (where he works) to KUL, and then onto Koh Samui. No problems at all, much more laid back than Bangkok...

1 hour ago, dave01 said:

TV has a rep for "overstating" the severity of things... I guess it gets them clicks.

Actually was one of the reasons I asked, as I had posts removed on TV that did not fit in with the scaremongering click bait.

1 hour ago, dave01 said:

So, he flew from the sand (where he works) to KUL, and then onto Koh Samui. No problems at all, much more laid back than Bangkok...

Don Muang is the worst, followed by Suwanapoom, and Phuket, if you believe the stories.

I've been almost denied entry 2 times at Suwanapoom.

They sent me to a supervisor immigration officer away from the main counters, where I was thoroughly questioned, had to fill out a questionnaire, show my rental contract, onward ticket etc. They were very serious about the whole thing. If I failed to produce anything they asked, they could have easily denied me entry.

Edited by JoseThailand

"Each to their own"
(I know this is a misquote but I like it)

6 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

I've been almost denied entry 2 times at Suwanapoom.

They sent me to a supervisor immigration officer away from the main counters, where I was thoroughly questioned, had to fill out a questionnaire, show my rental contract, onward ticket etc. They were very serious about the whole thing. If I failed to produce anything they asked, they could have easily denied me entry.

But, why?