Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Livestreaming

IGNORED

Injections for travel to the middle east/job

dirtyden

Good evening to you all

Hi guys, can anyone recommend any clinics which do the below injections please?

I know the hospitals would do them but i am looking at cutting down the price a bit.

Hepatitis A
Typhoid
Diphtheria,
Tetanus
Polio
Hepatitis B
HIV

Thank you kindly

Believe I was told by our provider of travel vaccination quite a few of the vaccine you mentioned are short lived and you may have to pay extra for doses not used. Have you got a price from the hospitals?

I guess every general practitioner can do the standard vaccination.

You may be aware that a proper (fast)sheme against Hep A + B needs at least 3 weeks and 3 injections with an additional injection after one year? The standard sheme takes some months.

And i'm pretty sure there is no vaccination against HIV. The only way i know would be a PREP, which means 1 pill per day, as long as you may be exposed to the virus. If you are interested in this, i can reccomend Pulse clinic in BKK. They may even be able to do some of the others.

8 hours ago, dirtyden said:

Good evening to you all

Hi guys, can anyone recommend any clinics which do the below injections please?

I know the hospitals would do them but i am looking at cutting down the price a bit.

Hepatitis A
Typhoid
Diphtheria,
Tetanus
Polio
Hepatitis B
HIV

Thank you kindly

Nobody does HIV vaccines due to the nonexistence of the vaccine. The best place for actually existing vaccines, if you're willing to go to Bangkok, is Mahidol University Travel Clinic with no "farang" pricing. The whole place is just infectious disease control. Online appointments, English speaking doctors, the works. They will show what's not in stock if anything. 

They are not as expensive other than a bus and skytrain to Victory Monument skytrain stop and a short walk. Hep B is a series over 6 months but no reason not to get started. Where on Earth do you live where you have not had Polio vaccine or for that matter Tetanus and Diphtheria? These are given in the west to children.

I guess you need proof (and that is not clear because you seem to be including the elusive HIV vaccine) and don't have that from when you did have the shots,  well no harm done, and they are not a lot of money. Check their web site for prices. You are going to have a couple of sore arms for a day or two.

Saudi Arabia requires Meningitis for all Haj attendees many from the Middle East. It is a terrible disease and is preventable and prevalent. Add a multivalent Meningitis to the list even if it is not called for because you can die from it quick. Also, Measles which is making a comeback to the the increasing large population of deadhead anti-vaxxers is also missing. Also a horrible thing to get. Also missing, mumps. 

7 hours ago, Retskni said:

I guess every general practitioner can do the standard vaccination.

You may be aware that a proper (fast)sheme against Hep A + B needs at least 3 weeks and 3 injections with an additional injection after one year? The standard sheme takes some months.

The board is continuing its streak of made up and thus, wrong, medical advice like STD treatments.

Hepatitis B schedule: Day 0, Day 28-30, and Day 120 (making sure #3 is at least 60 days after #2). Some practitioners do it like this, 0 , then 1 month and 6 months. The final dose is better at 4 vs. 6 even though it is not as easy to remember.

Not 3 weeks, it's over 4 months (or to 6) and nothing a year later. You could if you wanted to catch Hepatitis B of course, which is a bad option.

There is a two dose (expensive) adult vaccine, injected at day 0 and day 28. No idea the cost but I bet 2-5X the traditional ones.

Hepatitis A is two injections at 0 and 6 months but a fair amount of immunity occurs with the first vaccination. It is common to get Twinrix A and B (combined) vaccine and follow the B schedule for convenience. You can't overdose on the A by getting it 3 times by following the B schedule, but A and B separately may be less expensive. 

It is still a mystery who has specified HIV, why the OP has no vaccinations and why any employer in the Middle East does not insist on Meningitis vaccinations and now, Measles.

Hi guys

thanks for the heads up and advise, forget the hiv, that was a test they wanted, my mistake

i am from the U.K but have  lived in Thailand for 15 years, I don't have a U.K Dr now, so no medical docs to say what I have had done years ago I am afraid.

the company want proof of what I have had done from a list to go to Iraq etc

due to that I need the injections asap, so I can start work asap,  dr Oliver can do all apart from thyroid. 

Thanks again, have a good day

You may be aware that a proper (fast)sheme against Hep A + B needs at least 3 weeks and 3 injections with an additional injection after one year?

Yep that's correct, exactly what i had done in the UK

3 hours ago, ricktoronto said:

The board is continuing its streak of made up and thus, wrong, medical advice like STD treatments.

Oh... that's rude...

If you would have said that my statement was a bit short or that i should have explained every little option in detail, ok. But i don't see where i was wrong.

Here is a qoute from prescribing informations for Twinrix (source is the GSK website):

"Alternatively, an accelerated schedule of 4 doses (1-mL each), given intramuscularly on Days 0, 7, and 21 to 30 followed by a booster dose at Month 12 may be used."

Oh... that's rude...
If you would have said that my statement was a bit short or that i should have explained every little option in detail, ok. But i don't see where i was wrong.
Here is a qoute from prescribing informations for Twinrix (source is the GSK website):
"Alternatively, an accelerated schedule of 4 doses (1-mL each), given intramuscularly on Days 0, 7, and 21 to 30 followed by a booster dose at Month 12 may be used."

rick always spouts off about listening to BMs then posts advice himself..makes sense

Archived