IGNORED

At Mind Exclusive Review

Basementcello

Twice this year, I have stayed at the At Mind Exclusive hotel/serviced residence, once in June and again in August and it has definitely become my favourite place to stay in Pattaya so far. Just thought I would drop a quick review for you folks.

http://www.atmindexclusive.com/

Cost: About 1300-1400 Baht per night for their cheapest room without breakfast and increases by about $10 per night if you want a pool view. I booked on Agoda and they gave me a night free as I have booked a lot of hotel rooms with them.

Location: Located on a back street leading away from Soi 6 away from the second road, you can easily walk there from Soi 6 in about 7 minutes or so. All of the At Mind properties are along the same road so drivers will never get lost. If you intend to be spending a lot of time near Soi 6, it is the ideal location. In fact, many girls who work on the 6 live in an apartment building next to the hotel which makes inviting them over before or after work pretty easy!

78f383f592703d17e0a530dfcc2f09d2.jpg

Behind the hotel there are multiple convenience stores, a money exchange shop and a charming little open air Thai restaurant that opens very late - try the holy basil with crispy pork! It is definitely a convenient and quiet place to base yourself, but it's a little far from Walking Street and Buakhao so expect to get acquainted with the mototaxi drivers and make sure you’re fine with walking. There are a smattering of businesses along the road like an Irish pub, pizza place and a nightclub which never had any visitors, so presumably must be a money laundering front.

4e8781d6b72abdf51eeaff51df16ab42.jpg

Room: The standard room is very nice and the size of a small suite. A very comfortable bed, sofa, satellite TV with non stop Marvel movies (good to amuse bar girls between shags), ice cold aircon, kitchenette with a washing machine and fridge and full size bath/shower. They sort you out with fresh bottled water and coffee/tea every day. The room looks more expensive than it is because it is new and my numerous dates were always happy to sleep over.

3c2c8e8057862b9400971e8f0979e97d.jpg

4a802620313ff5f61d8d48c5c1908a00.jpg

There were a few nitpicks rather than downsides. The noise from the street was a little loud at times and the poolside room was much quieter. The cleaning time for the room was always a little random, sometimes I would go out to get lunch or shopping and the room wouldn’t have been cleaned by around 4pm when I got back. It became a little irritating, particularly if I had a girl from Soi 6 in tow or was thinking of calling in some TF action. Perhaps more tips to the cleaning staff might smooth this over.

Facilities: Definitely no complaints on this front. The staff at the front were caring and discreet, always calling up to check if I was ok when I had a girl arrive or leave but not being weird about it. A buddy of mine from back home who came to Thailand for the first time booked a room there a few days after I had arrived and we had made plans to hang out. I met him in the lobby for a beer when he checked in and when the staff saw us chatting they gave him a room next to mine which was nice of them.

They have a small restaurant which is basically the same price for food as places outside, a small massage shop and a nice swimming pool. There is a tiny gym/sauna with a few basic machines and very light free weights, but it has good aircon and its free. If you’re expecting a proper workout you would need a proper place, but definitely its ok to hold you over for a few days.

4a7238a74ff2b70976812e1e3f163e87.jpg

The other guests were mostly Chinese, befitting the age we live in, but I did see the odd westerner there and even a few rare Japanese folk. It seems to be popular with couples/families rather than single gents. I almost never saw any bar girls heading up in the elevator except with me. I did however see a lot of self-obsessed Chinese girls looking for a place to instagram themselves to death by the pool rather than swim.

f302b26923fc62adc9ece081a7414977.jpg

Overall, I really like this place, great hotel, super clean and modern and great value for money, provided the slightly odd location works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good review! I looked up this hotel earlier today.

How are the beds? Are they the heavy soft kind, or the light springy type? Do they float around the room during activities?

Appreciate the great review & pics.  I have a poolview room booked for a couple nights in early December.  The rate was about 1900baht per night.  They sent an email stating that they are rebranding in November.  Hopefully it's just a name change.

@mind hotels are my go to hotels in pattaya,just stayed there last week in the at mind residence,have stayed in exclusive 3 times now and imo you cannot consider a room which is not a pool view as the road noise is way too loud,i stayed on the top floor and could hear everything. Good review

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

@Basementcello Great review and thanks for posting. Stayed several times in At Mind Exclusive, and always enjoyed it. Comfy beds and upmarket rooms - nice facilities too.

Got to say that I never encountered any Chinese, plenty of Taiwanese and Koreans...nice polite people.

Yes pool rooms are best, but if you book an outside room choose a high floor - quieter. 

I can also recommend the the hotel opposite -  Centara Nova Spa (1,100-1,400 on) pics below.

77F1FE8E-52E2-4AA3-A2E6-A0E44525D5CB.jpeg

99C7271F-18B1-430C-AF25-D706558F19F0.jpeg

19F25248-F1B4-454D-A1B6-6561954F1E54.jpeg

CDFDAFB7-C5B5-4C79-9BDA-E18588A06985.jpeg

I have stayed at the @Mind Serviced Residences which is even closer to Soi 6 and it is quite nice.  Despite being so close to Second Road, it is very quiet, as there is an empty lot beside it full of trees and bushes, which helps to dampen any noise.  Fresh breezes off the water and the pool side is worth paying a little extra.  Same experience with the OP.  I actually enjoyed their breakfast each morning as the variety was good and changed throughout the week.  Good for bringing girls back, or freelancers off TF.  It is not so great for visiting WS, but I have found I am more of a daytime monger and don't find myself on WS late enough for some of the bars to start hopping.  I'd rather sleep these days or have a girl in.

Completing the name change to Arden today;

20191022_151906.jpg

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

any idea why they are changing the name of all their hotels,maybe theyre expanding more again

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

2 hours ago, gmoule said:

any idea why they are changing the name of all their hotels,maybe theyre expanding more again

Reception today told me they can't use @Mind in Pattaya, I know there is another hotel called Mind Resort or similar here, not sure if that was the issue. I think The Grass is keeping its name.

On 13/10/2019 at 21:56, Hermansen said:

How are the beds? Are they the heavy soft kind, or the light springy type? Do they float around the room during activities?

Bumping this. How are the beds? 

Bumping this. How are the beds? 

Heavy soft kind of beds to my memory. No movement around the room at all. My friend who came to stay next door to me said it was one of the most comfortable beds he had ever slept on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been evangelizing the @Mind for a long time now. Absolutley one of the best hotels in pattaya right now - everything is new and nicely appointed. Ive looked all around - for its price range (50ish dollars) it can't be beat. In fact, even if it was $100 I wouldn't see any worthwhile competitors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey guys is it worth booking the exclusive suit for a single? Is it to big for one or it ok for luxury? 

Hey guys is it worth booking the exclusive suit for a single? Is it to big for one or it ok for luxury? 
Why are you asking us? The room sizes and pictures are on Agoda, if you think you'd like the extra room go for it.

I've never booked a suite but they seem nice.

The only bad thing about the place is its distance to Walking Street and beer bars. Even Soi 6 is too far to walk, so motorcycles are required to go anywhere or do anything.

And on that note, there are limited numbers of walkable restaurants as well.

16 hours ago, pdiddy544 said:

Why are you asking us? The room sizes and pictures are on Agoda, if you think you'd like the extra room go for it.

I've never booked a suite but they seem nice.

Suites are a nice choice :Thanks3:

20 hours ago, RLCTommy said:

I have stayed in both the ordinary rooms and the suite. For a single dude bringing a different gal back highly the ordinary rooms are very adequate. If you have the same gal GFE for a week or so, get a suite...Thai TV drives me mad :)

Also consider pool facing room as they have zero traffic noise unlike the rooms on the outside.

The only bad thing about the place is its distance to Walking Street and beer bars. Even Soi 6 is too far to walk, so motorcycles are required to go anywhere or do anything.

And on that note, there are limited numbers of walkable restaurants as well.

Agree that it’s far from Walking Street, you have to take moto taxi or hike to beach road then baht bus.

But it’s plenty walkable to Soi Six. I got used to doing it in about five mins flat. Either that or the thought of beer and ass made me trek extra fast.

Yes, pretty close to Soi 6, there are also plenty of places to eat around there. 

Seems like all the @Mind places have been renamed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Can you confirm if they have washers and dryers in all roooms or only in executive suits. 
There is an washer but no dryer in all entry levels rooms. And I would assume no dryer in the suites either.

Can you confirm if they have washers and dryers in all roooms or only in executive suits. 

All rooms have washing machines but no dryer. They give you a little rack to hang clothes on your balcony if you call the front desk

2 hours ago, Basementcello said:

All rooms have washing machines but no dryer. They give you a little rack to hang clothes on your balcony if you call the front desk

4 hours ago, pdiddy544 said:

There is an washer but no dryer in all entry levels rooms. And I would assume no dryer in the suites either.

Washer also sounds good. Better than dropping and picking laundry every other day.

Archived