Sign in to follow this  
Bira

First time trying Garuda Indonesia airlines

Bira

Have flown Thai Airways from CGK (Jakarta) to BKK. They fly a nice A330, but decided to try Garuda next month. Business class in a B737-800 - for 3 hour 30 minutes. Yea, I get near lie flat seats on Thai, but just curious to try the Indonesian style service. Sometimes I find the Business class / First class service on Thai less than 5 Star, but they sure do charge a 5 star airfare. Good service on the ground, but idiotic in the air. Enough trashing of Thai!! What about Garuda? 

vimto66

Been with them once years ago, nothing wrong with them in my opinion but like i say i`ve only been with them once, im not a picky traveller though, so what i might find ok some might have a moan.

Kandinski

Flown both the BKK - CGK and the CGK - AMS route with Garuda on biz several times and been very pleased with their service. Food has constantly been great and serving size of red is best described as (very) liberal.

Lounge on CGK is sub-standard in todays market but do include a smoking section and a fair food selection. All in one I would rate Garuda higher than Thai and would happily fly with them again

Bira

I am sure I will be very satisfied. 

BTW, just flew on a 787-9 from LAX to NRT, American Airlines Premium Economy. I chose 9D. That is the first row just behind Business class. Excellent seat, and nice flight.