IGNORED

First time trying Garuda Indonesia airlines

Bira

Have flown Thai Airways from CGK (Jakarta) to BKK. They fly a nice A330, but decided to try Garuda next month. Business class in a B737-800 - for 3 hour 30 minutes. Yea, I get near lie flat seats on Thai, but just curious to try the Indonesian style service. Sometimes I find the Business class / First class service on Thai less than 5 Star, but they sure do charge a 5 star airfare. Good service on the ground, but idiotic in the air. Enough trashing of Thai!! What about Garuda? 

TGOEA

Been with them once years ago, nothing wrong with them in my opinion but like i say i`ve only been with them once, im not a picky traveller though, so what i might find ok some might have a moan.

Flown both the BKK - CGK and the CGK - AMS route with Garuda on biz several times and been very pleased with their service. Food has constantly been great and serving size of red is best described as (very) liberal.

Lounge on CGK is sub-standard in todays market but do include a smoking section and a fair food selection. All in one I would rate Garuda higher than Thai and would happily fly with them again

I am sure I will be very satisfied. 

BTW, just flew on a 787-9 from LAX to NRT, American Airlines Premium Economy. I chose 9D. That is the first row just behind Business class. Excellent seat, and nice flight.

TGOEA

• 5 weeks later...

Garuda Indonesia was excellent. I still had enough time at airport to get 60 min oil massage, and got to the gate 15 minutes before booking. Screening, customs, and immigration is effiicient.

I was a bit concerned with the traffic leaving the area by my hotel, Ritz Carlton Mega Kuningnan, and then on the motorway to the airport, another traffic jam. After it cleared up, the drive is not too bad, even though nobody in Jakarta seems to drive over 75 km/h.

Garuda flies a B-737 to Bangkok. Think I paid $399 for First Class. Most comfortable aircraft seat I have experienced in some time. Nice service. 

• Like 1

TGOEA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was true - but 10 years has passed. ICAO gave them approval in 2009 to fly to Europe, after a 2 year ban. 

TGOEA