Yagami Light

Zoom 2 teeth whitening Dentist @ Beach

Yagami Light

I was looking at prices http://www.dentistbeach.com/dental_fees.htm in this recommended by a few other forum members establishment and noticed that their Zoom 2 teeth whitening price is pretty competitive in comparison to UK dentists (9500 baht). I'm considering doing it while on my holiday trip in January. Has anyone of you done it? How was your experience? Were you satisfied with the result? 

Kandinski

Most Thai dentist are great and price is about what to expect.

Would also recommend you had a look on the few  dentist  thread here on PA  https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/search/?q=dentist

bagger

had mine done about 10years ago at sunbeam dental at top of soi 8, always had problems with my teeth ,he got them sorted in 2 weeks, whitened and everything ,now I can smile , go back every 3 months , guaranteed for 2 years. defenatly recomend

cumflywme69
6 hours ago, Yagami Light said:

I was looking at prices http://www.dentistbeach.com/dental_fees.htm in this recommended by a few other forum members establishment and noticed that their Zoom 2 teeth whitening price is pretty competitive in comparison to UK dentists (9500 baht). I'm considering doing it while on my holiday trip in January. Has anyone of you done it? How was your experience? Were you satisfied with the result? 

Sounds like a reasonable price. Especially if it only takes an hour.

42kaz42

I assume it's named that because they use Philips "Zoom" teeth whitening gel?  I did read that many dentists use that or opalescence.  If so, you can get both of those cheaper from eBay for home use but not sure how it compares.

Charcoal is also really good for teeth whitening!  Worth a try.

PatPow

Had it done at beach a year ago,  it works very good.  Be warned you will be in for a night of pain and extreme sensitivity that night.  They give you a pain pill to help, but I was still in discomfort the rest of night and it resulted in many drinks being consumed to numb the pain.  

It works very good,  there are different plans available, prices,  they start with a deep cleaning.  I recommend if you can stand being in discomfort for a night on your holiday.

nzwolfgang

We talked about this here a week or two ago.  One session won’t do anything.  You need the gel and the trays for your teeth and do it half a dozen times to be noticeable. It’s not permanent, you have to keep doing it. 

philkrenshaw

I had the cheaper option at [email protected] Zoom uses a laser, cheaper option uses LED.  I assume the gel used is the same (contains hydrogen peroxide— H2O2) and probably the same gum guard. Both versions use UV light which breaks the peroxide molecule and the oxygen ions do the cleaning (possibly the laser is shorter wavelengh i.e. more energetic, than the LED light, or maybe just brighter). Worked great. Got it done again 4 or 5 years later. They have a set of (fake, I assume) teeth of various stain levels. You match one to your teeth, using a mirror, before they start, then match another one when finished. You can compare the samples side-by-side to see how much whiter your teeth got. I had no sensitivity or pain in my teeth the first time, so the second time they went longer and got them even whiter.

A gel you use at home will release much less peroxide on its own than gel plus UV light. That's why the in-office treatment can do the job in a relatively short time. In office you also have a fixture to protect your gums from the peroxide which, in high density, can burn them. I think home gels have a lower peroxide concentration to spare your gums.

How soon your teeth subsequently become stained again depends on how often you consume stain sources such as tea, coffee, cola, red wine, etc. I suspect smoking also stains them. From what I understand, the surface of your teeth have microscopic pits which get filled with whatever. They ask you to stay away from dark colored things, even ketchup, for a day or two after the treatment. I guess that allows the pits to fill with lighter colored material before darker chemicals get a shot at them.

bozza

I had it done at a place in South Pattaya rd ,can't remember the place ,it cost 4800 so not sure if it was zoom 2 ,but it's 2x 20 min sessions one after the other ,it does hurt and it hurts for a good few hours after . My teeth were next to the whitest on the scale they show you . My best advice I can give is don't drink or eat anything dark coloured for 2 days after, definitely don't drink coffee.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk