QuotaMan

Taiwanese tourist fined for wearing skimpy string bikini in Boracay

QuotaMan

Not bad I say.

Kind of interesting there are no specific laws against such swimwear but they were fined anyway.

https://www.asiaone.com/asia/taiwanese-tourist-fined-wearing-skimpy-string-bikini-boracay

A Taiwanese tourist in her 20s was arrested on Wednesday (Oct 9) after photos of her wearing a string bikini deemed to be overly skimpy on Boracay's conservative shores went viral.

D1D09978-5565-4049-81E2-0FBFBF683371.jpeg

WhiteThai

The police in the Philippines have free rein do do anything they like, enforce laws or just make them up as needed. I'm sure that this young lady was given the opportunity to offer a bribe, and when she refused she got fined and publicized. 

It could have ended a lot worse. If the Philippine police would have gotten mad at her, they could have murdered the whole group, planted drugs on them and said they were drug dealers. Philippines is a very dangerous place, if you piss off the wrong person.

Sneaky-E

That reminds me, I need some dental floss :P

Showerbeersx
The police in the Philippines have free rein do do anything they like, enforce laws or just make them up as needed. I'm sure that this young lady was given the opportunity to offer a bribe, and when she refused she got fined and publicized. 
It could have ended a lot worse. If the Philippine police would have gotten mad at her, they could have murdered the whole group, planted drugs on them and said they were drug dealers. Philippines is a very dangerous place, if you piss off the wrong person.

Im sure they would’ve taken turns on her first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indoboy

Only 2 things to say here

"Remember where you are" &

"Always fly under the radar"

Luv2Phuket

....clearly I need to spend more time at Taiwanese beaches!  55555

Not_Shameful

Easy enough to find an uncensored photo, and it IS not much more than a thumbprint-sized piece of material attached to a screen. 

She is very cute. I can't see what the problem is. 

ludwighigh

Call me crazy, but I think she looks better wearing the workout outfit (shorts and top) where she was in front of the police officer. 

IMO she's a little overweight to be wearing that bikini, particularly since she is heavier than the guy she is walking with.

ludwighigh
1 hour ago, ludwighigh said:

Call me crazy, but I think she looks better wearing the workout outfit (shorts and top) where she was in front of the police officer. 

IMO she's a little overweight to be wearing that bikini, particularly since she is heavier than the guy she is walking with.

Only so many folks can pull off a bikini that small.

ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 13 16.42.gif

ludwighigh

Some guys here have a smaller beer belly than she does.

ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 13 16.46.gif

Edited by ludwighigh

BKKBunny

Thats it, I'm boycotting Boracay!!!!!  Support String Bikinis!!!!!!!    

Jack Frost

Philippines are being over the top here.

That said a billion dollars of advertising has just placed Boracay on the world map. LOL.