RLCTommy

Laptop in pattaya

RLCTommy

I was wondering how much would it cost to buy a laptop in that area, was hoping to buy one for a gaming laptop in Pattaya but not sure how much would it cost. 

petermik

Cheaper and better to buy in the UK Tommy....in my opinion.

RLCTommy

Yeah am on deployment in Cyprus and on my R&R was hoping to hop down to pattaya for two week and enjoy myself and bring back a laptop and have some kind of entertainment, ohh well thank you for the advice .. 

Billyboy294
Posted (edited)

A 14 inch Laptop will cost from 11,000 baht (£300) to 22,000 Baht (£600) depending on spec. Plenty to pick from in Tukcom in South Pattaya Road..Plenty of gaming ones but i have no idea what spec is required,

I used 37,50 as Rate of Exchange (rounded up).

The Nite Life in Pattaya is great, certainly worth a visit. Once you come you cannot wait to get back.

A long time ago I was stationed  with 42 Survey Engineer Regiment in Egypt and they eventually moved to Cyprus. Unfortunately I missed out and went with a small special troop to the desert in Jordan and Iraq to carry out Geodetic Triangulation for making maps.

Incidently why do you have a Thai Phone number 077 which is in the south of Thailand and nowhere near Pattaya.

Edited by Billyboy294

RLCTommy

I don’t have thai number sorry about that, it is a british number hahaha maybe I didn’t read that part I just saw number , silly me ! 

Anyway thank for the info billy boy that really help out with the price thank. 

Bonkabit

A consideration is the warranty when you buy electronic equipment away from home : will there be any problems getting warranty service if you need it? 

On pricing.  A few years ago I spent some time checking prices in Panthip Plaza in Bangkok and in Tukcom in Pattaya. My conclusion was that compared with my home in Australia prices on computers and on cameras were about ten per cent more in Thailand.

I had been thinking of buying an iPad, so waited till back in Oz.

Atlas

Mate,

I have a gamers laptop but use it for photography..... For these big boys you will pay a premium over here. I suspect just like home in Aus you will get a lot better deal and the reassurance that if something goes wrong with it you can be assured they will fix it, not like here. 

Thank you for your service, enjoy your break. 

fearless butterfly

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/computers-and-offices/laptops

Have a look here for all your prices, as others have said though you will pay a premium to what you pay at home, even without a shitty exchange rate they were still not cheaper. 

One advantage to buying laptops in Thailand is that you get Thai characters on the keyboard, which helps if you want to learn the language or a Thai person wants to use it too. The English symbols are still the main ones though, the Thai characters are just smaller, but on the same keys. 

ricktoronto
15 hours ago, petermik said:

Cheaper and better to buy in the UK Tommy....in my opinion.

Yes and not fake and with a warranty valid in the UK.