English rose

Never again.

English rose
6 minutes ago, bobSL1 said:

she is taking the piss guys, a reminder of where the farangs sit on the Thai priority list and you would not make the top 10.

Acts of generosity or kindness are actually worth diddly squat, in the Thais view you are fair game. Those of  you who don't understand will if you stay long enough.

if you cant handle her friends don't even meet her family.

As a tourist fare game, all's is fair in love and war, but, as a bloke who lives here with Thai 'friends' taking the piss is still taking the piss..I will by a girl alcohol in a heartbeat but fucking tea! 

Contangee
a friend of mine died 15 years ago. his wife came to live in europe where he had 1 restaurant. Then he goes to Pattaya. They buy an entire building 30 rooms (for Thai to 3000 per month ...). Downstairs 1 bar without girls so cheap prices. But the bar was running well. so he dies a few years later (generalized cancer). I see her whore pardon widow in disco marine she falls in my arms, how are you? ... it's been a long time ... she: what do you drink? me: heineken I'm waiting 10 seconds. I say to her: you do not call the waiter? she: oh no, but it's you who pays for your beer!

What? I lost it at whore pardon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yogi9901

I find situations like the OP was in to be merely a filtering process in life where you manage to catch the less desirable “friends” out and move on feeling somewhat sore but also glad that you will not waste anymore time on that individual. 

NCWave

yes i know it is NOT the OP really talking  about. but for me i had a cheap charlie solve on the similar case

someday i walk by MIT and saw a girl i meet 1 year before was working in a beer bar (she working in WS gogo bar before). actually i don't want to "follow" her anymore but because we really had good time 1 year ago, i still stopped and have a drink there. when she ask me what do i want, i answer "give me 2 beer please". after she take 2 beer to me, i gave one of them to her and said, "it is for you".

yes, cheap, but work.

Kegger
1 hour ago, NCWave said:

yes i know it is NOT the OP really talking  about. but for me i had a cheap charlie solve on the similar case

someday i walk by MIT and saw a girl i meet 1 year before was working in a beer bar (she working in WS gogo bar before). actually i don't want to "follow" her anymore but because we really had good time 1 year ago, i still stopped and have a drink there. when she ask me what do i want, i answer "give me 2 beer please". after she take 2 beer to me, i gave one of them to her and said, "it is for you".

yes, cheap, but work.

Similarly, I order three beers. They think two friends are on the way, but I give one to whoever catches my eye, I try to order off the one I want. I drink two to her one so we don't get on the one for one train where hers costs double mine. By the time lady drinks hit the bin I'm already half pissed and the deal is done.

Only issue is, you are tied to one bar/girl unless I'm feeling expansive, but I've usually mapped this the night before. :D

rob63

To the Op, the girl is selling her time. You and the wife were using her time. The drink was a compensation for her time.

If she doesn't want to ruin her liver, for someone who is highly unlikely to bar fine her, her choice of drink seems logical to me.Seems like a fair transaction to me.

Biennial

Lesson learned - if you buy any drink for a bargirl in her bar, wife's friend or not, it will cost you a LD.

vimto66
7 hours ago, BlooBell said:

Why are so many BMs hard-wired to immediately jump to the defence of TGs when they’re quite clearly in the wrong?

It baffles me. 

At least the OP isn’t being schooled for his ‘newbie error’ on this thread as is normally the case. 

True,a gogo girl could jump off the stage with a knife, and randomly hack and slash customers leaving a scene like that in kill Bill, and some guys would still jump to her defence and say she was misunderstood or something.:laugh:

taylor1975

Had it been just your wife stop by the bar and offer a drink, i suspect the outcome would have been different. 

Dalef65
8 hours ago, sketolene1 said:

a friend of mine died 15 years ago. his wife came to live in europe where he had 1 restaurant. Then he goes to Pattaya. They buy an entire building 30 rooms (for Thai to 3000 per month ...). Downstairs 1 bar without girls so cheap prices. But the bar was running well. so he dies a few years later (generalized cancer). I see her whore pardon widow in disco marine she falls in my arms, how are you? ... it's been a long time ... she: what do you drink? me: heineken I'm waiting 10 seconds. I say to her: you do not call the waiter? she: oh no, but it's you who pays for your beer!

Da fuck.??

Magnum PI
10 hours ago, rainman333 said:

120b is roughly $4 usd

Yes,  but it is $6 for us poor Aussies!!!

tiger007

Some of us give 100b to toilet attendants no big deal.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

BlooBell
7 hours ago, vimto66 said:

True,a gogo girl could jump off the stage with a knife, and randomly hack and slash customers leaving a scene like that in kill Bill, and some guys would still jump to her defence and say she was misunderstood or something.:laugh:

The Gogo was full of newbies, mate. They should have known better. I mean, who goes to a gogo unarmed and without a Kevlar vest?

Scuba+

you actually have money or a 2 week millionaire? less about recently because of the exchange rates

karandy
4 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
8 hours ago, tiger007 said:

you actually have money or a 2 week millionaire? less about recently because of the exchange rates

he really meant to give the nice attendant 1000bt ,but he got the colours of the paper   wrong !!!

neilri2001

I obviously don't know you or the lady in question but is it possible that whilst you consider her a friend she merely looks on you as a punter? A few times in life ( and not just in Thailand ) i've thought of someone as a friend only to discover that i am just a punter / customer in their eyes.

equanimous

Money no1... TiT...

Edited by equanimous

david83

I don't get it.

Would you have been ok if sheet too a shot or a beer?

In the end the amount of alcohol she can take is limited and probably drink alcohol the entire day. She took the chance to to do something different. I would have done the same.

Maybe since she consider you her friend she believed it was not issue to you.

Edited by david83

tps

I may have this all wrong, but .......I don’t think it’s the fault of the wife’s friend. She puts her order in, but doesn’t write up the drink ticket for the bin, ie doesn’t control the cost of her drink. Probably it’s the ‘policy’ of the bar that all beverages for staff be priced at LD price? 

She may have even thought she was being considerate, thinking she was ordering a cheaper beverage? 

rob63

Op, I'll be honest. I would have exactly the same view as you, if it happened to me.

Here is another way to look at it. I actively discourage girls calling me during work hours. I'm at work to do a job.

You showed up with her work, and got in the way of her snagging a customer. She is in an awkward position. If she told you both to go away, she would have made an enemy. The 100bhat she made from you is minimal compensation, for potentially missing out on 500 bhat drinks + 1500 from bar fine activities.

Machinations
Op, I'll be honest. I would have exactly the same view as you, if it happened to me.
Here is another way to look at it. I actively discourage girls calling me during work hours. I'm at work to do a job.
You showed up with her work, and got in the way of her snagging a customer. She is in an awkward position. If she told you both to go away, she would have made an enemy. The 100bhat she made from you is minimal compensation, for potentially missing out on 500 bhat drinks + 1500 from bar fine activities.
Is this a joke? 555

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

forcebwithu
On 08/10/2019 at 18:24, English rose said:

A lady drink is generally double the price of my drink 60-65 baht beer, 120-130 LD..120 baht for a 2 baht tea bag!!!!!! didn't even have milk or sugar..I certainly don't mind paying for a LD rainman but I do take exception of being taken for a cunt. 

My take on LD pricing is it s/b their commission added to the price of what a customer would pay if ordering for himself. Maybe up to 10B more. Plenty of bars take the piss on LD pricing, but that's on the bar owner. Unless the lady in question is the owner, is it her fault the LD price of tea is set so high. If she truly wasn't feeling well, it may have never entered her mind how expensive her preferred drink would be to you as a customer.

Spellforce
On 08/10/2019 at 16:24, English rose said:

we spotted an old friend working in a bar

In bars I had many sexfriends, but "friends" ? never !

If she is really a friend then she will be happy to see you outside of her bar, but in her bar ? ... she's just a working girl !

OK I had some working girls who uses/used to come at my home for take some drinks and have some fun, those girls I may call them "friends" :) ... but NO sex and no money involved.

Yogi007

Just reading this about 120 baht, has anyone tried buying a coffee in the Nordic countries? I paid £9 for a coffee - wtf I thought