Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

English rose

Never again.

English rose

I've done a lot of shit in my life and have said to myself time and time again 'never again' and this is certainly another one..me and the mrs was going through new plaza and we spotted an old friend working in a bar so we stopped for a quick beer..I had my san mig, mrs had a fanta and I asked the old girl want she wanted "I mai sabai" ok no problem I said..she proceeded to get herself a cup of tea..I'm sat there thinking to myself 'did she? surely not' so I checked the bin and she fucking did! 120 baht for the tea....she's is a friend and my mrs has know her a lot longer so I didn't say anything but never again.

What have you promised yourself never to do again?

ER

Go the Rose by the way.

Barhop

Bugger me...6 buck teabag...phew...

petermik
7 hours ago, KentuckyWildcat said:

Why get so upset about 120 B? I hope you didnt complain to the Mrs about it either , cause even if she appears to agree with you, inside she'll be seething mad that you would dare object to something like that. Thai women who have snagged a falang parter like to show off to their old friends their good fortune. 

I,m pretty sure the OP,s pissed off because someone he (and his missus) are friends with has taken advantage of their generosity....not content with having a free drink she,s added a bloody tip for herself also (lady drink commission).....sometimes beggars belief here what goes on in some of the locals minds.....:WhoSaw1:

Similar thing happened to a pal of mine several years ago....he was a bar owner and long time friend of a mamasan in a popular second rd bar.....called in one night for a chat and bought her a drink....yep she charged him LD price.....same same as you English Rose....same outcome as you have come to....NEVER AGAIN :Anger8:

Scuba+

When a place stings you with a high bill they risk losing a customer, like the op, plus I'd be the same. 20 baht for a tea would be enough, especially a friend.

A hotel tried to sting me with a 2000 bill for blood on the sheet, we settled on 500 but i never stayed there again. It only needed some bleach

hatguy

I know a guy that runs a bar here in Japan near my place. He has been drinking there for years while charging his customers the equivalent of lady drinks for himself. 

One time he got drunk and was very aggressive with myself and another friend. We since decided to never go back and told many other expats the situation. A few others experienced much the same. 

Miserable cunt will drink himself to death in there eventually. Ah well

petermik
7 hours ago, rainman333 said:

hmmm... did i read this right? You asked a working bar girl what she wanted to drink and she chose to drink tea, now you are upset about it?

no he,s not.....he,s pissed that a friend has taken advantage.....read the thread properly and try and understand the point most folks reading it will understand why he,s rightly upset :Crazy1:

per anum

When you say never again....was that never again with the missus in tow? 

At least if you were alone, you may have had the chance to cash in on your LD investment!

English rose
Posted (edited)

A lady drink is generally double the price of my drink 60-65 baht beer, 120-130 LD..120 baht for a 2 baht tea bag!!!!!! didn't even have milk or sugar..I certainly don't mind paying for a LD rainman but I do take exception of being taken for a cunt. 

Edited by English rose

Shaygate

Still cheaper than Starbucks :D

But i agree its a bit naughty especially as she is (or was) a friend. 

BlooBell

Why are so many BMs hard-wired to immediately jump to the defence of TGs when they’re quite clearly in the wrong?

It baffles me. 

At least the OP isn’t being schooled for his ‘newbie error’ on this thread as is normally the case. 

jt83

Only thing im shocked about with this tale is that a thai woman actually drank a cup of tea

are we talking breakfast tea complete with milk? 

Incredible!

goona
2 hours ago, KentuckyWildcat said:

Why get so upset about 120 B? I hope you didnt complain to the Mrs about it either , cause even if she appears to agree with you, inside she'll be seething mad that you would dare object to something like that. Thai women who have snagged a falang parter like to show off to their old friends their good fortune. 

Six dollars cup tea omg

rainman333
50 minutes ago, English rose said:

A lady drink is generally double the price of my drink 60-65 baht beer, 120-130 LD..120 baht for a 2 baht tea bag!!!!!! didn't even have milk or sugar..I certainly don't mind paying for a LD rainman but I do take exception of being taken for a cunt. 

ok.... just a question, would a random person who just walked in and bought her a drink still get charged the same price?

ocka
55 minutes ago, English rose said:

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand.  If you expected to buy her a lady drink, and were willing to do so,  why would you care what she actually drinks?  You won't be tasting it yourself.  It makes no difference to you if she drinks tea, tequila or plain water.

She did tell you that she was ill (presumably meaning she could not drink alcohol) and you told her "no problem".  I don't understand what harm was done to you.

English rose
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, rainman333 said:

ok.... just a question, would a random person who just walked in and bought her a drink still get charged the same price?

Of course but my point is a LD tea should at most be 60-70 baht, double the cost of my priced cuppa

Edited by English rose

English rose
15 minutes ago, ocka said:

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand.  If you expected to buy her a lady drink, and were willing to do so,  why would you care what she actually drinks?  You won't be tasting it yourself.  It makes no difference to you if she drinks tea, tequila or plain water.

She did tell you that she was ill (presumably meaning she could not drink alcohol) and you told her "no problem".  I don't understand what harm was done to you.

So you'd be happy paying 120 baht for a bottle of water for her?

ocka
2 minutes ago, English rose said:

So you'd be happy paying 120 baht for a bottle of water for her?

Assuming that I had already decided to buy her a lady drink for 120 baht, then yes.   I am giving her a gift of 120 baht.  Once I have done that,  the money is gone from my budget and from my life forever.  It is no longer mine to care about.

A gift of a lady drink to a friend includes a tip for her,  and maybe helps her with her quota too. The actual drink is only a small part of it.  If she decides that her preference for the drink part is water instead of alcohol,  it's no skin off my nose.

If she billed me for a lady drink without me actually offering one,  that would be different.

I agree, six dollars is a lot of money for a cup of tea that probably only cost five cents.  On the other hand,  six dollars as a gift to a friend is quite a small thing.  Just different ways of looking at the same thing I guess.

rainman333
58 minutes ago, goona said:

Six dollars cup tea omg

120b is roughly $4 usd

sketolene1

a friend of mine died 15 years ago. his wife came to live in europe where he had 1 restaurant. Then he goes to Pattaya. They buy an entire building 30 rooms (for Thai to 3000 per month ...). Downstairs 1 bar without girls so cheap prices. But the bar was running well. so he dies a few years later (generalized cancer). I see her whore pardon widow in disco marine she falls in my arms, how are you? ... it's been a long time ... she: what do you drink? me: heineken I'm waiting 10 seconds. I say to her: you do not call the waiter? she: oh no, but it's you who pays for your beer!

ocka
13 minutes ago, rainman333 said:

120b is roughly $4 usd

I'm Australian.  It's $6 AUD. Wanna swap?  :D

rainman333
1 minute ago, ocka said:

I'm Australian.  It's $6 AUD. Wanna swap?  :D

no thanks, usd a little stronger than aud  when compared to thai baht :)

bobSL1

she is taking the piss guys, a reminder of where the farangs sit on the Thai priority list and you would not make the top 10.

Acts of generosity or kindness are actually worth diddly squat, in the Thais view you are fair game. Those of  you who don't understand will if you stay long enough.

if you cant handle her friends don't even meet her family.

Ten_Tron
Posted (edited)

I feel ya.  Sometimes in Pattaya it's the little shit that annoys you the most.  You said it "never again"... they lost a customer over 120b.  It's their loss, not yours.

Edited by Ten_Tron