IGNORED

Heathrow - Bangkok Thai airways flight

jellybean

Getting you into Thailand for the new year...Good price currently at £484..Late Dec.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jellybean said:

Getting you into Thailand for the new year...Good price currently at £484..Late Dec.

Also, for March and May next year £456 book by 16th October.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bestmate said:

You can get £450 still this month!

Nice, I didn't bother checking. They must be really desperate.

It's forced BA and Eva to lower their prices too.

Edited by GuyW2A

Hello Guys

Don't really want to start another topic so using this post for quick question, has anyone recently booked a Thai Airways flight on there website that can tell me if seat selection is still free of charge or are they like others including Opodo who charge £11.68 to reserve your seat, thanks in advance guys.

5 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello Guys

Don't really want to start another topic so using this post for quick question, has anyone recently booked a Thai Airways flight on there website that can tell me if seat selection is still free of charge or are they like others including Opodo who charge £11.68 to reserve your seat, thanks in advance guys.

You are not obliged to book your seat . with Opodo.  If you  book your flight with opodo.  then go on the airlines web sit. To book your seat for free .

Thai introduced ‘Preferred Seating’ a few months ago where exit row/extra legroom seats can be booked at a cost. I think it’s $100 each way for LHR-BKK.

Other seats are still free afaik.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Thai introduced ‘Preferred Seating’ a few months ago where exit row/extra legroom seats can be booked at a cost. I think it’s $100 each way for LHR-BKK.

Other seats are still free afaik.

My mate is on about getting one of these “preferred” seats, but found the website not very clear. Can you book these well in advance by ringing Thai?

5 minutes ago, mercmanrob said:

My mate is on about getting one of these “preferred” seats, but found the website not very clear. Can you book these well in advance by ringing Thai?

Sorry, I’m not sure. They’re meant to be available to book online - but I’ve always found the Thai website poor. Can do no harm to phone.

9 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello Guys

I tried to reserve seats and contacted Reservations at Thai in London as normal.....the reply was that a seat on the outgoing leg could be booked either  via an online check-in 24 hours prior to departure or in person at the airport on the day. Surprisingly they did allocate a preferred seat for the return journey though.

Normally, ( i.e. on previous occasions) Thai give a requested seat on application for both legs of the journey but it seems now they are only committing to the return part and having you scramble online for one on the way out.

The email is [email protected] or [email protected]

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Hi Guys

Firstly, sorry for hijacking the op's post with this but I am finding it very interesting, am a little disappointing with the Thai Website and that you cannot select your seats on booking your flights certainly don't want to wait until check-in, if this is the case I will return to Opodo and book my Thai flights with them as I have a £20 off flight voucher with them and pay the current price of £11.68 each way for my flight seat selection or may even return to Eva Airways who I flew with last trip.  

When I flew LHR-BKK-LHR with Thai in October, did the online check-in, almost exactly 24hrs before both flights and got a bit of a surprise.

Choice of 3 available seats outbound and 2 available seats inbound, on an A380!

It seemed that the vast majority of passengers had somehow reserved their seats before check-in had opened.

You have to email reservations to reserve seats? I don't recall seeing any options on the booking page about seat reservations. Always thought it was first come first served.

Great prices on offer now though!

No problem reserving seats on the Thai Airways website.  Enter your reservation code and name; scroll down to the "Services" Tab; then "Additional Services" ; then "Select your seat".  This gives you the option of outbound or inbound flights and a seating plan for each which shows which seats are available, which seats are available at a cost and which seats are taken.  Just click on your choice of seat.  I've just checked my previously selected seats for 8 March & 7 April next year and I still have 2 empty seats next to me on both legs.  If someone reserves those seats then I'll simply move my selection to another row of 3 empties.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, davidge said:

Sorry, I’m not sure. They’re meant to be available to book online - but I’ve always found the Thai website poor. Can do no harm to phone.

I rang their London office a few days before I flew in June and got a free exit row seat both ways.

1 minute ago, Essexman1961 said:

I rang their London office a few days before I flew in June and got a free exit row seat both ways.

I think they started the ‘Preferred Seating’ with a charge in July.

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

I think they started the ‘Preferred Seating’ with a charge in July.

That's a shame as I moved from EVA when I was charged 100 each way for an exit row seat while others just moved there once we were up in the air!

You can reserve normal seats on the Thai air website, as terminal says with reservation code, but unsure about the “preferred seats”.

On 22/11/2019 at 11:58, Terminal said:

No problem reserving seats on the Thai Airways website.  Enter your reservation code and name; scroll down to the "Services" Tab; then "Additional Services" ; then "Select your seat".  This gives you the option of outbound or inbound flights and a seating plan for each which shows which seats are available, which seats are available at a cost and which seats are taken.  Just click on your choice of seat.  I've just checked my previously selected seats for 8 March & 7 April next year and I still have 2 empty seats next to me on both legs.  If someone reserves those seats then I'll simply move my selection to another row of 3 empties.  

Thanks for the advice, earlier in the year I just could not figure out how to do this on the website and had to download their app and do it from there.

On 22/11/2019 at 13:20, Essexman1961 said:

That's a shame as I moved from EVA when I was charged 100 each way for an exit row seat while others just moved there once we were up in the air!

The preferred seats on the Thai aircraft I recently flew on had a notification on them indicating that there was an additional charge for their use; which may discourage the above behaviour.

On 22/11/2019 at 11:58, Terminal said:

Ah nice one. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys

Well after weeks of wondering what to do have today Sunday finely booked my flights for May 4th not a bad price either, am a bit worried about the current state of Thai Airways never the less prepared to take my chances with them, the flight cost £444 but I also had a Cyberweek discount that was due to expire at Midnight anyway this gave me another £15 off the flight making it only £429 very good price for the Midday flight TG911, I did prefer the evening flight but this was £50 dearer but I do like the A380'S so happy at last.     

• Ru4Real locked this topic