IGNORED

HPV vaccinations

Yabusaki

47 minutes ago, Dark Red said:

Thank you Scuba for the detailed answer. Seems easy enough. I might try to do it in Pattaya.

In case of HPV vaccinations it wouldn't be wise, because if you have been already in the contact with the virus they say the vaccination will not work. For some other vaccinations it might be a good argument. But it seems that it is fine in Thailand, the approach is definitely different than in my home country. :)

Vaccinations have nothing to do with if you have been exposed to the virus before. A vaccine will work the same regardless of previous exposure but obviouslyt can't fix anthing the virus did before you had the vaccine. A vaccine may generate different antibodies to the ones your body made.

If you are having unprotected sex, including oral sex, this many partners you should get the vaccination. If you live in bubble wrap you're safe.

Many viruses including HPV are now known to go dormant (like herpes) or are not fully cleared by the body (they can hide somehow) after the infection has apparently gone and later can initiate cancer.

When your body is exposed to a virus it tries to make antibodies. However this is not always a quick process and the viruses have evolved to avoid being killed.

It is possible that some of the HPV remains in you body.

A vaccine is a part of the virus that has been identified in the lab as something that will stimulate your immune system to make stong antibodies.

Once you have these antibodies from the vaccine you are not only protected from new infections if you have some of the virus that is hiding away in your body becuase it was not cleared properly you now have the antibodies that will go and finish the job hopefully before the HPV virus can initiate cancer.

It's not quite that simple but that is the gist of the situation

The HPV is not 'approved' for older people but lots have taken it, there are no adverse reports and it is only going to help

I think there is now a Gardasil-6 which covers more strains. If you have a choice get the newer one that does more strains.

• Like 2

Thank you Scuba for the detailed answer. Seems easy enough. I might try to do it in Pattaya.

In case of HPV vaccinations it wouldn't be wise, because if you have been already in the contact with the virus they say the vaccination will not work. For some other vaccinations it might be a good argument. But it seems that it is fine in Thailand, the approach is definitely different than in my home country. [emoji4]

If you have the time try Bang Lamung Hospital, let us know what you did

Pattaya International quoted me 6,000 medicine only, for my 3rd injection of Gardisil. I'm assuming that means 7,000 to 8,000 total. So I'm heading to BKK Red Cross shortly for the last 2,300 thb injection.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bungee said:

Once you have these antibodies from the vaccine you are not only protected from new infections if you have some of the virus that is hiding away in your body becuase it was not cleared properly you now have the antibodies that will go and finish the job hopefully before the HPV virus can initiate cancer.

I am not an expert, but I was just quoting what I've read about the HPV vaccine (source):

• The vaccine won’t protect people against types of HPV to which they’ve already been exposed, and many sexually active people have been exposed to at least some HPV types by their late 20s.

I don't want to speculate why not, but from my point of view it can be two different things to have antibodies before the infection and after. As I understand some people have problems overcoming the infection and those are in the risk of the cancer (if they have the virus for many years or decades). So if the vaccine would be still beneficial for these people why it is not recommended for them - it would help them overcome the infection and also protect in the future.

Do you have any link which confirms your statement?

3 hours ago, Dark Red said:

So if the vaccine would be still beneficial for these people why it is not recommended for them - it would help them overcome the infection and also protect in the future.

Do you have any link which confirms your statement?

Because for a medical treatment to be approved for a particular purpose it needs to go through extensive testing to prove it works and that it is safe. Medical testing is very expensive. There is a high profit for giving it to all young people (and there are more new young people every year) so this is what was tested for and approved first. There is less profit to do the testing on older people as each year, given that younger people have already been treated, there are less older people and thus less sales meaning less potential profit. It's only a one off profit reward for getting approval for older people.

There is also a risk to doctors prescribing medicine for something that the drug has not been approved for because if something goes wrong you may sue the doctor. If you don't take the none approved medicine and still get ill it's not like you can sue the doctor for not giving it to you.

Here is a web link to  U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced last week that Gardasil 9, the HPV vaccine, is now approved for use in people ages 27 to 45 https://www.livescience.com/63790-hpv-vaccine-adults.html

The article states that it will not protect against HPV stains that you have already been exposed to. If you take that as gospel you can either get tested for each of the strains to see if you have been infected before (no idea how much that costs or where you would go) or you can get the vaccine and 'maybe' some of the strains won't be of benefit to you.

but also consider, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4880400/ Vaccination against human papillomavirus

"Previous infection with HPV does not constitute a contraindication for vaccination, and there are no evidences on protection against diseases caused by HPV types that had already been infected the individual at the time of vaccination, but the vaccine could protect against diseases caused by other HPV types covered by the vaccine(6). "

Medically you can't make a claim unless you have evidence to support the claim even if you expect the claim to be true. The total opposite of politics.

This paper suggests the opposite is true

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120328090822.htm HPV vaccination reduces the risk of infection even after a previous case of the disease, study suggests

The vaccination against human papillomavirus (HPV) reduces the risk of a renewed HPV-associated illness in patients who have already had diseases as a consequence of an HPV infection new research suggests. It had previously been the view that the HPV vaccination had a purely preventative effect and was also only effective in young women and men.

Immuniology is a very complex subject and advancing very quickly. You will likely die (hopefully not of HPV) before you get an absolue answer to the question about protection after previous infections.

Unless there is a really good reason why you can't get the vaccine it seems like a cheap easy safety precaution.

• Like 2

Thanks for the answer. From all the articles I've read, and also from the articles you have linked, it seems that once you have been infected with some strain the vaccine will probably not help you overcome the infection of that particular strain (vaccine is not a cure). From the one study you linked, it seems that if your body can overcome the infection that the vaccine can have positive effects in the future. 

But I absolutely agree that it is good idea to get the vaccine and that's why I want to do it. It will still protect against the additional strains of the virus, or maybe all of them in case I haven't been infected yet (who knows). And in case I was infected with some strain, the vaccination shouldn't have any negative effects.

On 21/10/2019 at 13:30, Dark Red said:

In case of HPV vaccinations it wouldn't be wise, because if you have been already in the contact with the virus they say the vaccination will not work. For some other vaccinations it might be a good argument. But it seems that it is fine in Thailand, the approach is definitely different than in my home country. :)

Greetings, 

I got my 3 HPV shots approximately 18 years ago and the only way my HMSA medical Insurance will cover since I'm an adult, I had to put recent sexual fluid exchange on my medical insurance claim!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

• 4 months later...
On 05/10/2019 at 07:21, Yabusaki said:

Greetings, 

I want to take my favorite gogo dancers from Hindi Street to a clinic that provides HPV vaccinations ! Could you recommend a public health clinic or not too expensive clinic in Pattaya that has immunization program? As you know, HPV viruses are leading cause of cervical cancer in women! (approximately 5 to 10 dancers)

Thanks.

From https://www.pattayamail.com/news/aids-tests-offered-princess-birthday-181187 and https://www.testbkk.org/en/news/where-access-prep-thailand#Pattaya it looks like two or three organizations might have a presence in Pattaya.

Sisters Foundation

SWING Pattaya Health Center 

• Available for locals
  • Address: 257/108, Moo 10, Soi Yen Sabuy, Nong Prue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150
  • Get directions with Google Maps
  • Phone: +6638412298
  • Opening Hours: Monday - Friday: 1:00PM - 6:00PM

Thai Red Cross Research Foundation

• http://en.trcarc.org
  • Only found a location in Bangkok
  • Not free, but services are available to tourists

Silom Community Clinic (Silom, Bangkok)

FOR VACCINATIONS: The Thai Travel Clinic within the Hospital for Tropical Diseases (Bangkok)

Edited by SAMaKinUSA

• 2 weeks later...
Vaccinations have nothing to do with if you have been exposed to the virus before. A vaccine will work the same regardless of previous exposure but obviouslyt can't fix anthing the virus did before you had the vaccine. A vaccine may generate different antibodies to the ones your body made.
If you are having unprotected sex, including oral sex, this many partners you should get the vaccination. If you live in bubble wrap you're safe.
Many viruses including HPV are now known to go dormant (like herpes) or are not fully cleared by the body (they can hide somehow) after the infection has apparently gone and later can initiate cancer.
When your body is exposed to a virus it tries to make antibodies. However this is not always a quick process and the viruses have evolved to avoid being killed.
It is possible that some of the HPV remains in you body.
A vaccine is a part of the virus that has been identified in the lab as something that will stimulate your immune system to make stong antibodies.
It's not quite that simple but that is the gist of the situation
The HPV is not 'approved' for older people but lots have taken it, there are no adverse reports and it is only going to help
I think there is now a Gardasil-6 which covers more strains. If you have a choice get the newer one that does more strains.

Very well explained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.