9. Jet2

10. ANA

Best First class: Emirates 

Best Business Class: Qatar

Best Premium Economy: Air New Zealand

Best Economy: Singapore 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Depart on time and im good, i do realise that some delays might be out of the airlines hands, but if my no.1 rated airline was delayed no amount of comfort onboard would alleviate my disappointment!

I have been on the top 5 and 10.. No complaints on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that there are two Japanese airlines in the top 10, but Cathay Pacific seems to have dropped out.

Interesting that there are two Japanese airlines in the top 10, but Cathay Pacific seems to have dropped out.

CP has been going downhill for a while now. FWIW, TripAdvisor hasn’t even ranked CP the past 5 years. Other lists had CP highly tated though.

10 hours ago, davidge said:

Just for interest, here’s the latest airline rankings from Trip Advisor:

Whats the criteria. Most people book on price and travel time. They probably didnt take those into account. Singapore is good if you are going to singapore. 

12 Pints in Know it all

I've flown 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 10.

On the few times that I have flown them, Singapore has lived up to it vaunted reputation.

Happy to see EVA getting some recognition - I think their business class is comparable to just about anyone.

The flights that I had on Qatar were NOT emblematic of their business class (they were on older planes with 2-2-2 seating), so I cannot really comment on them.  

Frankly, I have NO idea how Southwest would get on a list like this, except for some of their policies (no change fees, no bag fees) and their traditionally lower fares.  I'm not a big fan of their "cattle call" boarding (open seating, as opposed to assigned seats), and I used to joke that they stop every 25 minutes to pick up more passengers, kinda like a bus.  That said, they are good in their niche - short haul, flexible, low cost travel (although I now frequently beat their prices with other airlines). 

My last few short haul flights, I have opted for AA - cost the same or less and it helped me work on my status for next year, but I lost the flexibility to change if something came up.

Hmm -

My ANA flight was actually a United Airlines plane (total shit) turns out it was a code share flight (LFMF).

Did not see Cathay Pacific on the list and thought they were better than JAL.

Southwest is a bit odd since they are mostly short hops at 6 hours or less but they are by far the best American carrier (did I mention United is awful).

Really enjoy EVA - my go to airline from SFO/BKK.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a different list to Skytrax top 10 for 2019

• Qatar Airways. ...
  • Singapore Airlines. ...
  • ANA All Nippon Airways. ...
  • Cathay Pacific Airways. ...
  • Emirates. ...
  • EVA Air. ...
  • Hainan Airlines. ...
  • Qantas Airways.
  • Luthlansa
  • Thai Airways

Quite a different list to Skytrax top 10 for 2019
  • Qatar Airways. ...
  • Singapore Airlines. ...
  • ANA All Nippon Airways. ...
  • Cathay Pacific Airways. ...
  • Emirates. ...
  • EVA Air. ...
  • Hainan Airlines. ...
  • Qantas Airways.
  • Luthlansa
  • Thai Airways

Skytrax sounds more reliable. There is a bigger audience. Meanwhile Trip Advisor is limited to Trip Advisor users.

Archived