Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

QuotaMan

One in five men have no friends as loneliness epidemic leaves hundreds of thousands living in isolation

Mr_wimpy
2 hours ago, QuotaMan said:

I myself have no friends, certainly no close or best friends. I do have one former coworker I hang out with once every few weeks but that's it. Most of my free time is spent by myself at home wanking off to creampie Thais and talking shyt online. And I'm fine with that, always been a loner most of my life.

Feel a bit sorry for you mate.  

I’ve noticed your group of mates seem to filter out the older you get for various reasons.  In a way though think that’s better because you get closer to the ones left and you know they’ve got your back and vice versa.

Not sure of your situation.  But if it’s as miserable as you say why don’t you pack your bags and take a step into the unknown?  Doesn’t sound like you’ve got much to lose.

Yogi9901
3 hours ago, QuotaMan said:

This is nothing new, the topic of loneliness especially among males around the world has been discussed for years. 

I myself have no friends, certainly no close or best friends. I do have one former coworker I hang out with once every few weeks but that's it. Most of my free time is spent by myself at home wanking off to creampie Thais and talking shyt online. And I'm fine with that, always been a loner most of my life.

That's why I am so addicted to Pattaya. I can be by myself without 'friends' yet if the urge comes I can easily find companionship right outside my room at the nearest bar.

One in five men have no friends as loneliness epidemic leaves hundreds of thousands living in isolation

Almost one in five men have admitted that they have no close friends as the UK becomes increasingly crippled by a loneliness epidemic. 

Dont feel alone mate. Im 32 and have 0 friends in real life. I have a few online buddies im pretty close with that i can talk about anything with but i guess i have never really made the effort or taken the opportunities to make friends. Some of us just were meant to be the lone wolf type and as much as one day i feel i will regret my choices, right now im okay with it. 

My uncle said to me when i was a kid once and it really stuck in my head “ as we get older were like passing ships in an endless sea”  he was referring to how you become older and more cynical and less open to people and you lose friends and we just end up roaming and passing time. I think he also meant there are opportunities to make friends but we never seize the moment and it just passes by. 

Kinda depressing but an idea which ive comprehended for some time. 

Mr_wimpy
10 minutes ago, Yogi9901 said:

Kinda depressing but an idea which ive comprehended for some time. 

You need to snap out of that.  No one wants to be mates with someone with that sort of mindset.  Would you?

Ditch your online mates and get yourself out the house.  What are online mates?

Yogi9901
1 minute ago, Mr_wimpy said:

You need to snap out of that.  No one wants to be mates with someone with that sort of mindset.  Would you?

Ditch your online mates and get yourself out the house.  What are online mates?

Some people are not built like others. Getting out the house is not an issue im always out. Some of us just cant do the whole making new friends thing. Just a bit socially broken. When i refer to online mates i just mean people i have known for a while and chat online about stuff in life etc. Making friends as an adult is really tough for me. Im not a sad case i am generally happy in life and do alot with my life i believe as i said just not able to make those acquaintances or colleagues into anything more meaningful.  

GoodMan555

Some online (virtual) mates are "real," some real mates are "virtual" (waxing philosophical here)  

Business idea: P4M (Pay for Mate) bar.  MDs (Mate drinks) only 110 TBH.  Killer business idea in this lonely world.

Crushed

For a lot of people, family can replace friends or simply ends up replacing close friends due to lack of time for other relationships.  I was talking about how big my wider family is with a friend recently and with three siblings, seven nieces and nephews plus well over thirty cousins, it's hard enough to keep with family.  Contradicting myself, I was pretty much a loner in my younger years but I do have a few close friends now.

Edited by Crushed

Mr_wimpy
56 minutes ago, Yogi9901 said:

Some people are not built like others. Getting out the house is not an issue im always out. Some of us just cant do the whole making new friends thing. Just a bit socially broken. 

Sound a bit depressed mate.  I went through that in my late twenties.  Had the model life for that age but was far from happy.  Sometimes it’s good to be on a low and make a comeback, don’t lose faith.

SiamDreamer

I'm mostly alone now. I used to have about 7 really close friends back here in farangland. One one by one they all got married to very controlling and/or bitch wives.  Which is really depressing for me because these guy were once men who liked go out and drink, watch/play sports together and get after women with me in the clubs or concert events, festivals, etc. All of them married very controlling and/or bitch wives who do not let their husbands hang out with me.  Even though I knew these guys long before they even knew the bitches they married. 

One guy's wife has banned him from even speaking to me after she saw that I send him pictures on his phone of naked girls pussy I fucked in Pattaya, and after I bust on her tits.  But he and I still keep in contact through a secret email account he had to set up. I'm not a bad person, I'm just anti marriage,  love women, I like to drink, and I like to party with women.  All of these guys I mention were once just like me or even wilder. It's sad how a wife can control a man. Literally take away his manhood.  No way for me bro.  But I must admit I do get depressed without my mates around.

Edited by SiamDreamer

ctp2018

It should be some consolation to us single guys that men are much better off being single than in an unhappy marriage. According to the reports anyway.

ex-pat

@SiamDreamerThat reminds me of a farang I met here, turned out we had a common interest in shooting and I invited him to go to lunch as we were getting along pretty well. The guy brought his Thai wife along ffs!!

Edited by ex-pat

ex-pat

Almost one in five men have admitted that they have no close friends as the UK becomes increasingly crippled by a loneliness epidemic. 

One does not necessarily lead to the other. I don't have any close friends in LOS, which is my home,  but am not even close to being crippled by it. Sure, I feel a bit lonely sometimes, but no life is perfect. Overall, I'm happy and grateful for my life.

jed§

This is a really good topic. Thank you for starting it, QuotaMan. It's a problem which is under the radar or pushed away. It concerns men being on their own, so for 2 reasons it's not at the top of anyone's agenda. One, we guys don't like talking about our problems (many on here are and that's good - it's a start) and two, because it's a male issue and women's issues get more attention, it doesn't get much attention. It's almost as if people think, "Well, it's their fault" 

So, we have to get together here and help each other out, even if this is only an internet forum. It can move on from here. I really don't believe that 'having friends' means communicating on the internet. It's a fool's paradise. Sorry to be harsh, but that's my truth.

Barhop

:NiceThread1: Thanks  QuotaMan...alone personally but not lonely...we all have different needs and circumstances...

james 71

It's good now that men feel through these pages that they can say things ,we were raised to say things was wrong,a sign of weakness ,as I have got older as I see it now as a sign of strength,I wonder if that is why women live longer than us because of there support network and ability to talk and help there friends with any subject especially health,even now at 60 if I have to go to the hospital for tests my baby sister will try to tag along ,which I do decline as you feel your putting people out 

chang beer

I lost 3 best pals in the last 5 years.....They used to visit me at least a couple of times a year here....No more

How sad....and all the bars I still visit reminds me of the good times.

So I'm alone now. A lone wolf which is fine with me but the pals you had for years back home are irreplaceable.....The last pal who went a year and a half a go was here 7 months before he died....he kept on asking me ..."Do you think that apartment  off soi buakow has an elevator? " since he was suffering from emphysema...He was going to retire and join me here. Oh well.  Terrible   ....fxxxk

Happy mongering

Edited by chang beer

English rose

This is a great thread and I hope it keeps going as lonrliness and depression go

Alexxxxxx216

I always realize how lucky I am that I have 2 real BFF's... One male I have know for before kindergarten and  one female who I once chased and what resulted in a strong friendship... we all are/had relationships and we managed to never even loosen the connection...

If you asked me 10 years ago I would have said 4 BFF's... but it turns out that I lost 2 to wifes who didn't like me... that is why I appreciate the 2 that are left even more...

Pinoydave

Also possible to be happily married and lonely

Petesie

I suppose it's a bit of an awkward subject; to admit to having no friends is a real big deal for most.

Friends who marry won't be there for long, work colleagues usually have their own lives, some fellas move away to another job or location...we all drift along at our own pace.

I've recently moved job/location, lost a few good mates due to distance; found a few fellas to chat to but not many of either similar age or common interests. 

I've found Pattaya tends to bring people together if you let it...be it for one night or regular meet ups we are all like minded fellas with no real agenda other than to sit back and enjoy the craic as it comes. :wink:

james 71

That is why it's good to recall the bt ad ,it's good to talk 

who else remembers that one 

bt is British telecom