IGNORED

Would you accept a cover charge in bars?

FarangKiNok

Speaking to some of the managers at various landmarks around town I get the impression that the Thai building owners are sucking the bone marrow out of our favorite bars.

Would you be OK to minimize some of the losses regarding Key Money by paying a cover change to be able to enjoy the cold air con, woman & beers?

I would.

1 minute ago, taylor1975 said:

Gogo maybe. Disco yes. Beer bar no.

I only spoke to bar managers, however I guess it’s the same issue with GoGos & Discos.  However they probably have a higher turnover than bars.

8 minutes ago, FarangKiNok said:

I only spoke to bar managers, however I guess it’s the same issue with GoGos & Discos.  However they probably have a higher turnover than bars.

Which bars? I doubt many would want to pay a cover charge in bars because most people just have a beer or two and pop off to the next bar.

Plus the standard of women in most bars is pretty dodgy.

Unless the cover charge bars offer something over and above the one next door or down the road it sounds like a good way to go bust.

few bars in Singapore charge a cover charge that includes a drink...although an expensive first drink....these were bars with a live band not visible from outside.

4 minutes ago, Dazza118 said:

Which bars? I doubt many would want to pay a cover charge in bars because most people just have a beer or two and pop off to the next bar.

Plus the standard of women in most bars is pretty dodgy.

It was just a general question, general as in location. Several locations around town I drank at apparently feel that some. Some of the profits is being eaten up the land lord.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

I usually hang around for me than 2 beers.

28 minutes ago, FarangKiNok said:

Speaking to some of the managers at various landmarks around town I get the impression that the Thai building owners are sucking the bone marrow out of our favorite bars.

Would you be OK to minimize some of the losses regarding Key Money by paying a cover change to be able to enjoy the cold air con, woman & beers?

I would.

No chance 160/180 for a bottle of beer is plenty enough already.

I thought about this again....yes I would....if.....

cover charge to include a blowie under the table. :09:

I would tend to avoid places that had a cover charge. I doubt this is a solution anyhow the landlords would just up the rent to get their share of the new revenue stream i.e charge as much as the market can bear.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Cover charges would make things a lot more straightforward for dark skinned guys instead of this current system of racial selection and bouncer preferences. i guess the market is too competitive for even the higher end places to go with this though.

Bad enough buying condoms to cover up without paying to cover anyone else

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Become so used to just strolling into a bar for free over the years so no, we pay more for drinks but its understandable, especially in the discos.

It would be a brave owner that started to introduce a cover charge chances are they would not survive any more than a couple of months, most punters would do a U turn at the door including me.  

6 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

I would.

Were you suggesting this to Bar owners ..? 

Ridiculous idea , any sane customers would just vote with their feet 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

No!

6 hours ago, Pheat said:

Buy the freehold sorted .

Do they have freehold in Thailand? 

Archived