IGNORED

How does a dual sim phone work?

Danolo

Is it like two separate phones in one device?

Separate phone numbers I assume.

What about all the stored contacts... are they available to both?

I understand I can simply remove the second sim, but I'm curious if the same protection exists without removing the sim?

Thanks guys...

Sorry for the newbie-type questions.

Yep, different phone numbers for each line and can be different carriers. Your contacts are available to both and if using a smartphone then apps can use whichever line you designate for data. Some older phones only use line 2 at 2G. The phone will typically listen for calls on both lines but when you are on a call the other line is not available.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

• 1 month later...

You have the ability to turn your regular simcard off and leg your thai run over your trip.

Then turn on both at a more convenient time ( when you're recovering from the night b4?)

You can store numbers from Thailand into the simcard if you choose....its up to you

It's like one phone with two phone numbers connected to it. Since contacts are usually stored in the phone (and/or in "the cloud") nowadays, you would normally have all your contacts. My last three phones have been dual SIM ones, and I would indeed never buy one that wasn't. Well, unless it was triple SIM, that could come in handy sometimes even if it does sound a bit daft.

Oh, and you can still not have two LINE accounts on the same phone, just saying.
(Not like I would be caught dead doing deeds so nefarious that I would need two LINE accounts, of course. Not me, never! :25: )

31 minutes ago, boxershrimp said:

Oh, and you can still not have two LINE accounts on the same phone, just saying.

Yes you can, if you really want to; there are apps for that, even comes as standard on some phones such as the S9+ I have.

18 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Yes you can, if you really want to; there are apps for that, even comes as standard on some phones such as the S9+ I have.

That's a surprise. Anyway, it's not immediately possible on a stock Moto phone, which is my Poison nowadays.

So, since you already blew your cover, what are the nefarious deeds you use that for? :wink:

13 hours ago, boxershrimp said:

So, since you already blew your cover, what are the nefarious deeds you use that for? :wink:

Never actually used it; I'm an open book, if some lady doesn't like the story she knows where the door is 555

If you have reason to try, Parallel Space still seems to lead the pack last I looked into it.

Archived