Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

immunizations?

mitsy

Besides the things that you may pick up from hot night..... What are some of the deseases you can contract from casual contact with people walking on the street? Also, if I have never been to that part of the planet, will I be able to eat the food without getting sick (a.k.a. gringo gut)? I know that differnt places have different bacteria, and soemtimes it takes a good day of the runs to get used to it. However, before i ramble on, should I get any specail immunizations? I was immunized when I was in the service 11 years ago for overseas duty, is it still good?

Besides the things that you may pick up from hot night..... What are some of the deseases you can contract from casual contact with people walking on the street? Also, if I have never been to that part of the planet, will I be able to eat the food without getting sick (a.k.a. gringo gut)? I know that differnt places have different bacteria, and soemtimes it takes a good day of the runs to get used to it. However, before i ramble on, should I get any specail immunizations? I was immunized when I was in the service 11 years ago for overseas duty, is it still good?

Go see your doctor about this. If you haven't had any immunisations in the past 11 years the very minimum you will need is a tetanus shot.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

i was told when i first visited LOS that no special shots were needed, so i didn't get any...been about a dozen times now, and haven't caught anything peculiar...had the runs just once, and i attribute that to stupidity...I was told not to drink the water, but once, on a long busride somewhere, we pulled over at a gas station...walked inside, and OMFG---ICED COFFEE!!!...I FOUND SOME ICED COFFEE!!! I LOVE ICED COFFEE!!!...it was in one of those dispensable machines where you pour your own...it was probably made with tap water...had the shits for about 4 days...just dont drink the water!

The UK does not "recommend" any shots but Hep A and B and Yellow fever are worth having anyway I understand.

Be CAREFUL about Dengue here - you cannot immunise against it but Chonburi Province has the 2nd highest incidence of Dengue in Thailand.

With over 270,000 cases last year be as careful as possible. Less than 1% were fatal but Farang seem to "suffer" more than Thais, maybe they have less natural immunity.

If you catch it - its will RUIN a short holiday.

If you feel like you have flu symptoms coming on and in particular have aching joints/bones - get a blood test done as they are only 500 baht.

Medication makes it go away in about 72 hours if treated early.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

One of the things that you have to be aware of is conjunctivitis, can be bloody painful and have lasting effects. As for shots you can get a "Twinrix" series that will protect you from Hepatitis A&B. Don't worry, think, and have fun. Cheers T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my immunizations. Doc recommended Hepatitus A and B as well as Typhoid and Tetanus.

Great Stuff. Now go and have fun. Cheers T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I got Hepatitis and Tetanus shots. And I think they threw one if for Measles just for kicks. I think they called it a 'titer' or something. Plus they gave me some antibiotics to take with me 'just in case'.

The UK does not "recommend" any shots but Hep A and B and Yellow fever are worth having anyway I understand.

Whitespider, I think you only need the Yellow Fever vaccine for Africa.

Whitespider, I think you only need the Yellow Fever vaccine for Africa.

Yes, this is correct.

For Thailand, you should get Hep. A&B. There is an initial jab, and then a booster 6 months - 1 year after that; then it is good for 10 years.

• 2 years later...

Better safe than sorry, i just signed up to go get my injections next week.