IGNORED

4 months in Oz: how - the options without return ticket

Conceicao7

hi there,

so if i lost my job , first think i would do is buy a ONE way ticket to Thailand.

finally a sabattical year !

But there can be problems i hear: on the airport, they can obmit you from acces plane, if not have return ticket OR ticket you leave thailand.
(actually you can buy a cheap ticket to cambodia yes, but then you also need to show proof of visa for cambodia).

So last time i try this sneaky move: i just checked in ONLINE, and carry only hand luggage. so this way i could move directly to gate.  However when boarding the plane and scanning my boarding pass, the red flag came up, and they checked there first if i had a return ticked.  this was the case so no problem.

So all in all: how could i do this plan : Landing with 1 month visa exempt, extending with 30 days.  After this 60 days in thailand do border run, re enter with 30 days visa exempt, and extend with 30 days.
this is a total of 2x60 days thailand.  how to do?

Immigration in thailand when landing will let you stay in 60 days (they know you can do the 30 day extension), BUT you need to show a plane ticket out of thailand after 60 days (or bus ticket..)
BUT how about the airline company? they don't know this extending option, and will want to show an onward travel after 30 days already?
how to fix that? 

• 2 months later...

getting  a SETV in OZ and ticket 4 months out should not be a issue 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

While it’s your life, your plan has the potential to be problematic.

No job means I assume limited funds.  One way ticket.  So most likely no intent of returning to Oz.  Trying to live in Thailand doing consecutive border runs and then an overstay.

Just a matter of time before you wind up in immigration detention.  Not a pleasant experience.  
Seen and read about this happening many times.

What happens when your money runs out?

And we wonder why Thai authorities are getting stricter on immigration policy.

Why not focus on getting another job in Oz and save some cash and visit Thailand when you can.

Are they allowing 30 days visa exempt entry at land crossings. I was under the impression it was 15 days & that two crossings were allowed in a year.

................................................................................................................

• 1 month later...

I hope it can helps someone. You can buy a fully refundable ticket and show it whatever needed. After you don't need a ticket anymore you can get a refund accoding to the company policy. One example is aeroflot (Economy Flex). Never had an issue with getting my money back, just read the fare rules carefully.