IGNORED

High rise vs low rise buildings

webDev

There are a lot of low rise places that go for around 2,000 to 8,000 less, compared to a similar high rise. For example I saw a decent large studio for 13,000 on Buakao that was compared to to an 18,000 place at The Base. I also saw a 15,000 very large luxury studio on 2nd Rd Soi 10 that would probably go for around 35,000 on VT 6 (downside: 5th floor and no elevator).

So value wise the low rises seem to be a clear win.

I wanted to ask you guys if there are any perks to living in the bigger, more well known buildings. Do the girls respond any better? Are there little benefits in those buildings that might make them worthwhile? Other than the view of course.

If you`re a victim of mosquitoes bites the higher the better.:wink:

Normally the higher you are in a building the less likely you are to be robbed, so your security is better and fewer bugs and mosquitoes as @vimto66 mentioned, however if the place catches on fire, anything over the 5th floor you are screwed in Thailand

On 17/09/2019 at 22:41, webDev said:

There are a lot of low rise places that go for around 2,000 to 8,000 less, compared to a similar high rise. For example I saw a decent large studio for 13,000 on Buakao that was compared to to an 18,000 place at The Base. I also saw a 15,000 very large luxury studio on 2nd Rd Soi 10 that would probably go for around 35,000 on VT 6 (downside: 5th floor and no elevator).

So value wise the low rises seem to be a clear win.

I wanted to ask you guys if there are any perks to living in the bigger, more well known buildings. Do the girls respond any better? Are there little benefits in those buildings that might make them worthwhile? Other than the view of course.

How the amenities compare with the condos mentionned?

Swimming pool, Fitness, security guard, parking are provided?

5 hours ago, Roadglide said:

Normally the higher you are in a building the less likely you are to be robbed, so your security is better and fewer bugs and mosquitoes as @vimto66 mentioned, however if the place catches on fire, anything over the 5th floor you are screwed in Thailand

Not necessarily! Just have abseiling equipment in the apartment 

14 minutes ago, soi6falang said:

Not necessarily! Just have abseiling equipment in the apartment 

Being the risk-averse type of guy I did research how to escape fires from tall condos when I moved into one.

I bought a smoke mask from Lazada.  

I saw low height parachutes for sale too, but that seemed OTT.

It was around the time of Grenfell tower incident.

38 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

How the amenities compare with the condos mentionned?

Swimming pool, Fitness, security guard, parking are provided?

None of that stuff, I guess that would make up the difference, or a large portion of it.

14 hours ago, webDev said:

None of that stuff, I guess that would make up the difference, or a large portion of it.

I am more familiar with the prices beyond 3rd road but i think 13000 quite a high price for what looks like an appartment room.

Is it coming well equipped ? with Kitchen, Kitchenware , nice furnitures, balcony that you can use to sit and have a coffee or a meal outside etc...

Is it a month to month rental basis or is it a yearly contract?

Apartments sometimes only expect 1 month deposit, condos 2 months.

P2P girls don't care what your place is like, guys seem to think it matters to them. Remember they will most likely be staying in a cheap room shared by 2+ girls.

Apartments suit me as I don't want a swimming pool or gym

2 hours ago, KhunChang said:

I am more familiar with the prices beyond 3rd road but i think 13000 quite a high price for what looks like an appartment room.

Is it coming well equipped ? with Kitchen, Kitchenware , nice furnitures, balcony that you can use to sit and have a coffee or a meal outside etc...

Is it a month to month rental basis or is it a yearly contract?

I don't remember the last apartment that required a yearly contract.

The luxury place I mentioned had nice everything. The one on Buakao is pretty nice also.

There is one place near Big C on Pattaya Klang with fancy tile, large open room probably 50 sqm with glass windows across 2 walls, indoor kitchen with outdoor grill area and balcony wrapping around both walled sides, 12,000 / month. Lady said her husband designed the whole apartment building.

It's kinda tucked away though so that's one issue with the place. The girls want a place with a lot of people around.

For my lifestyle I think the right combination is an apartment on a good street like Buakao. Feels safe to the girls and while not as nice as a tucked away place, is still a nice value.

19 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Apartments sometimes only expect 1 month deposit, condos 2 months.

P2P girls don't care what your place is like, guys seem to think it matters to them. Remember they will most likely be staying in a cheap room shared by 2+ girls.

Apartments suit me as I don't want a swimming pool or gym

Yeah, not for the girls but for me .

I like having at least a place to cook, a balcony large enough to put a table and 2 chairs and something like 30 sqm with a desk for my laptop.

Swimming pool and gym don't really matter.

I had a 20 yo FL P2P girl who was staying alone in a nice 10K a month condo in Na Jomtien.

Not sure if she was assuming the rent alone  or if there was some kind of sponsoring behind this.

On 17/09/2019 at 08:41, webDev said:

(downside: 5th floor and no elevator).

That would be a dealbreaker for me.

I could handle 3rd floor with no elevator and MAYBE even 4th floor, but 5th is just too much.  I am forgetful as Hell and would have to keep going back up for shit that I forgot!  5555

I stayed at SeaMe Tree in February, and was on the 8th floor (I think).  To get some exercise and my heart rate going, I went down and back up the stairs.  Maybe the building you are referring to would be different, but the stairwell in that hotel was OPPRESSIVELY hot!  It was like exercising in a damn sauna.

Archived