IGNORED

Acqua vs Areca has anyone stayed at both? Which would you recommend if you have?

Podcaster1054

I've stayed at Acqua hotel and is a favorite of mine.  I have not stayed at Areca but have seen great reviews.  Anybody stay at both and know the pros and cons of each?  Looking at a trip in March and Acqua is $10US more per night.  

Breakfast at Acqua was top notch and served until noon.  Does the Areca breakfast compare?

Thanks in Advance

Edited by Podcaster1054

The only problem is that Areca Lodge was a great hotel for sure. But my last trip in June last year had a problem finding a semi decent room stay in and this was the newer section The EverGreen. As the rooms all look over worn.

PS many are now saying the same thing on Tripadvisor regarding the worn out look of the rooms and other parts. 

I agree.  I stayed at the Areca a couple of times.  The WiFi is rubbish.  The Japanese rooms are not to my taste.  The breakfast is just OK.

But I did have Valentina one afternoon!

Areca used to be my favourite hotel in Patts, never been in Acqua.

Room sizes in Areca are good but, as said by others, rooms begin to look worn, maybe expect the ones in the Evergreen section.

The pools (2) are very good, IMO.

The prices went up and up, so i gvae it a miss this year (last year too).

Acqua was recommended by friends, but i dont like their room size and i think it is pricey too.

I think i can get same confort for less money in Pattaya.

The breakfast closes early 10.30 am.

I used to swear to Areca but this year I gave it a pass.

Prices keeps going up while the rooms keeps looking more and more worn.

Wifi is good on anything that is not a tablet/phone on those devices its sketchy.

Service decliened in that extra towels ect. will cost you when I first came there you could have it free of charge if you tipped your cleaning lady.

Areca is still a really great hotel but compared to prices you can do better today but you can never beat its location.

• Like 1

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

Thanks for the replies,  on my trip in September Areca was more expensive and I ended up going with Acqua.  I'm in no hurry at this moment to book but Acqua is looking like my choice between the 2.  I may venture out and try a new hotel for the first part of my trip.

44 minutes ago, Podcaster1054 said:

Thanks for the replies,  on my trip in September Areca was more expensive and I ended up going with Acqua.  I'm in no hurry at this moment to book but Acqua is looking like my choice between the 2.  I may venture out and try a new hotel for the first part of my trip.

Even if location it not as good as the two you mentioned, I think Adelphi Pattaya can be a good option.

Deluxe rooms with balcony have a good size, nice big bed, nice tv and nice bathroom, the hotel has good facilities, Breakfast buffet is not bad, staff is friendly, pool is nice too. The balcony, though, is very small and the AC unit is there, making it even smaller and very hot and noisy.

However, you have to be careful looking for the best prices. From my personal experience, i don't know why, Agoda prices can be different: if you search directly , it shows one price but, if you search through trivago, agoda's price tends to be less expensive.

How is the AC at the acqua hotel?  Do they have central air or the unit air conditioners for each room? From my perspective the big pluses for the acqua are the location,  modern rooms, walk in shower, and breakfast.

7 hours ago, filipef said:

Even if location it not as good as the two you mentioned, I think Adelphi Pattaya can be a good option.

However, you have to be careful looking for the best prices. From my personal experience, i don't know why, Agoda prices can be different: if you search directly , it shows one price but, if you search through trivago, Agoda's price tends to be less expensive.

Good points,

On my first trip I stayed at Adelphi for half of the trip and was impressed.  I'll always keep Adelphi in mind when booking.  I just tried the Trivago trick, thats strange but something I will now at least look at when booking.  

Areca-  the cheaper rooms are pretty much on a 700b guesthouse level.So not worth 2000b+ for sure.

Acqua- shoebox size rooms.

Better choose 247 boutique,its cheaper,rooms are acceptable size and the glassdoor shower is a nice touch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nunchuck said:

Stayed at both. Acqua. In June. ,  personally I go for acqua. Ok small rooms but much nicer 

and breakfast is far superior 

Does anyone know if the Acqua hotel has a walk in shower (for two people people). Was thinking about using the Sandy Springs, but I think it's just a tub shower combo. But Sandy springs does have large rooms.

On 17/09/2019 at 18:52, ctp2018 said:

How is the AC at the acqua hotel?  Do they have central air or the unit air conditioners for each room? From my perspective the big pluses for the acqua are the location,  modern rooms, walk in shower, and breakfast.

Individual units per room.

47 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

Does anyone know if the acqua hotel has a walk in shower (for two people people). Was thinking about using the Sandy Springs, but I think it's just a tub shower combo. But Sandy springs does have large rooms.

Walk-in shower, big enough for 2.

It looks like  many of the newer hotels in Pattaya are going the route of unit air conditioners in each room, each having the small air filter that is seldom changed. I checked with both 247 boutique and the Aqua hotel and they both use the individual units.

Edited by ctp2018

• 2 weeks later...

I read on another board that Sandy Springs has lessened the noise problem from Hooters with a sound barrier. Anyone know if that is true?

Stayed at both the Acqua and Areca...love them both.

Got to say that these are very different types of hotels and can’t really be compared. The Acqua is a classy boutique hotel with a rooftop pool and two bars, whereas the Areca is a resort hotel with two ground level pools.

TBH a small room in the Acqua doesn’t bother me, but if it did I would consider a mini suite. This hotel offers outstanding value and the breakfasts and customer service are out of this world.

Areca has 3 wings, I have only stayed in the more upmarket of these the Evergreen wing. I understand that the other wings have recently been (or soon will be) done up. The refurbed outdoor bar is a classy place, ideal to sit with your BF and soak in the atmosphere of soi Diana.

Two very different hotels, but both excellent.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, tihora said:

About the Acqua, do you have to check in visitors to the reception, or they just let you go to your room?

You have too. Check lady in

On 29/09/2019 at 06:30, ctp2018 said:

I read on another board that Sandy Springs has lessened the noise problem from Hooters with a sound barrier. Anyone know if that is true?

Not true. I was at Sandy this trip and had to change hotels to Areca because of the volume of the band all night until about 1:30 AM.

This thread is a little outdates as they have remodeled Areca Lodge hotel now. 

I stayed here for 10 days and it is like brand new and very impressive. 

I will agree the breakfast is horrible so do not add at any cost. 

Go across street to Cottage Cafe or across road to Smokin Joes.

I have stayed at areca and am currently in Acqua. Couple of pointers, Acqua is very prefab, the walls are thin and it's kind of a noisy hotel generally. I had to knock on my neighbours door as they ko'd disco night at 6:30am full volume, speakers right behind my head. But you can hear chatting and whatnot also, only on one side as bathroom takes up one side.

You also get music until the wee hours from surrounding bars, i am on the 5th floor at the rear, request a front room..odd room number better I believe. The rooms have decent Windows but the balcony doors are poorly fitted, mine rattles in the wind, had to stuff tissue in, so external noise not diminished. I naturally have earplugs so a lot is negated that way.

Walking down the hallway to my room the other day it was like Soi 6, every other room had shit music blaring out I'm like what the fuck.

Areca is generally vey quiet and chilled. One big advantage of Acqua is your gal rolls up to reception and they call you up, sign her in and take her ID, and send her up. Call you again when she leaves. Areca you have to physically traipse down to reception and fill out a dopey form. I haven't stayed at areca for a few years, so all may have changed. I prefer to be in my room stroking my cock when my bunny is on her way, not traipsing down to reception with lots of gawking people checking in/out as I grab my street tramp in her hot pants and heels!

Areca has far better pool areas, two big pools, Acqua just the one rooftop.

They both have decent breakfast buffet, Acqua is the better of the two.

If the same price I'd choose areca every time if I had to choose one, in reality I'll probably do neither..maybe d-hotel again. If I stay at Acqua again (unlikely) I'd request a front room and hope I haven't got trailer trash next door again but ultimately, the only thing I really like about Acqua is the guest process.

• Thanks 1