IGNORED

Airport fast track not available to economy ticket holders

horsegurru

I arrive in Thailand for my yearly vacation in a few weeks. Last year I booked a fast track service through Bangkok Flight services at Swampy. This year the fast track through immigration is only available to first class customers. Is there another way to get through immigration quickly that anyone here can help me with? Thanks in advance for any help

It’s been covered a number of times in several threads.

BFS stopped offering the service to Economy passengers a while ago. 

This company:

https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html

still offers it but are more expensive.

If you are over 70 then you can use the fast track channels anyway.

• Thanks 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...

limousine.in.th  web-site seems to be having a bad hair day today (Thursday).  Hope it recovers soon!

I use the free wheelchair service which gives me priority however I'm last off the plane but if it is really busy it does save time plus it saves a lot of hassle at origin thru customs & immigration which can be quite slow

www.sugarcanemafia.com

On 26/09/2019 at 18:20, kansuwan said:

limousine.in.th  web-site seems to be having a bad hair day today (Thursday).  Hope it recovers soon!

They recovered very quickly and responded swiftly to my e-mail.  Booking for a single elderly pal who has difficulties walking, the rate was as follows:

Fast track arrival service:       THB 1099

Golf cart                                    THB 1199

Porter                                        THB   349

Limo into Bangkok hotel          THB 950            Total 3,597 

Payment options: PAYPAL or credit card - small surcharge for the latter.  

On 17/09/2019 at 01:34, horsegurru said:

Is there another way to get through immigration quickly that anyone here can help me with?

There are priority lanes. Check out if you can use them. If like me you are 70+ then head straight for a priorty lane. However, I find it very unpredictable. This last two arrivals I was through in under 10 minutes using the normal queues. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2019 at 07:49, froddo said:

I use the free wheelchair service which gives me priority however I'm last off the plane but if it is really busy it does save time plus it saves a lot of hassle at origin thru customs & immigration which can be quite slow

Why are you last off the plane?

How do you arrange wheelchair service?

2 hours ago, Danolo said:

Why are you last off the plane?

How do you arrange wheelchair service?

1 Because we tend to be slower getting to the exit which slows the process. Others who virtually can not walk at all will be unloaded using a portable lift. Usually if the lift is used we all tend to be unloaded like this

2 Most airlines include it in the section for extras when booking your flights. You just need to scan the booking pages closely

www.sugarcanemafia.com

22 minutes ago, froddo said:

1 Because we tend to be slower getting to the exit which slows the process. Others who virtually can not walk at all will be unloaded using a portable lift. Usually if the lift is used we all tend to be unloaded like this

2 Most airlines include it in the section for extras when booking your flights. You just need to scan the booking pages closely

I imagine rushing off your flight to get in the wheelchair as fast as possible isn't a good look.

I used the service before when on economy and the guy who met me just slipped a 100฿ note in my passport above my boarding pass and the immigration guy just let me through. I was a little alarmed how easy it was, especially as it had cost me a couple thousand baht.... I was considering trying that approach myself next time and saving the cost of a ST haha. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2019 at 19:39, davidge said:

This company:

still offers it but are more expensive.

I will be arriving in Thailand in about 5 1/2 weeks.  And I plan to use this service.  I have queued many times to get through immigration and it's not to bad but I've now got to the stage where after 2 long flights I just don't want to queue.  So I will be happy to pay the B1250 to get me through immigration ASAP.  I can then be one of the first off my flight to go the carousel and wait for my luggage.  And being one of the fist I can pick where I stand.

Also for the first time ever I am thinking of book the VIP arrival & Departure Service which would cost me B2400. The reason for this is because for me Departures can take time.  At the moment I have to decide if I am willing to pay B1250 or B2400

27 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I will be arriving in Thailand in about 5 1/2 weeks.  And I plan to use this service.  I have queued many times to get through immigration and it's not to bad but I've now got to the stage where after 2 long flights I just don't want to queue.  So I will be happy to pay the B1250 to get me through immigration ASAP.  I can then be one of the first off my flight to go the carousel and wait for my luggage.  And being one of the fist I can pick where I stand.

Also for the first time ever I am thinking of book the VIP arrival & Departure Service which would cost me B2400. The reason for this is because for me Departures can take time.  At the moment I have to decide if I am willing to pay B1250 or B2400

The issue with departure is actually meeting the person in a certain place at a particular time. I only booked it once (with BFS) and the instructions were vague and there was no sign of anybody. I just went through on my own.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

40 minutes ago, davidge said:

The issue with departure is actually meeting the person in a certain place at a particular time. I only booked it once (with BFS) and the instructions were vague and there was no sign of anybody. I just went through on my own.

davidge that doesn't sound good.  As I get to the airport early its no great shakes so I think I'll give it a miss and just book the VIP Fast track for when I arrive at the beginning of my holiday

I know this is a bit of  subject but I have just paid for my Fast track ticket for Manchester Airport.  I fly from Terminal 1 at Manchester airport on Saturday 7th December.  My flight is at 8:50am so I will check in at 5:50am if not a little before and at that time of morning there is sometimes a queue for security check.  So I have paid £6 (last December it was £5) to go down the fast track lane to security. I would rather spend my time in the terminal having a pint and a read rather than waiting to go through security.

In the next couple of weeks I will book my fast track for when I land at Suvarnabhumi airport

Today I've been trying to make a Fast track booking for when I land in Thailand next month through the website below

After I've filled in the online form I get a message saying its checking and processing my booking BUT my booking never goes any further. I've tried booking through my Google browser, My Opera Browser and my Avast Secure Browser.  All with no luck

I will try again tomorrow and if I still have no luck I will try and do the booking on somebody else's computer

On 28/09/2019 at 20:13, kansuwan said:

Booking for a single elderly pal who has difficulties walking, the rate was as follows:

Fast track arrival service:       THB 1099

On 17/09/2019 at 01:39, davidge said:

As davidge pointed out, use of the priority immigration line is free to those 70 years or more. Just point out the age in your passport to the pre-check person in front of the priority line area.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

10 hours ago, likeaking said:

As davidge pointed out, use of the priority immigration line is free to those 70 years or more. Just point out the age in your passport to the pre-check person in front of the priority line area.

The point in this case is not free access to the priority lane for over 70 year-olds, now a well-established practice.  The booking I made for my pal ensures that he, with his difficulties walking, will have an attendant (and wheelchair, if required)  with him from aircraft door to limousine door.  

27 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

The point in this case is not free access to the priority lane for over 70 year-olds, now a well-established practice.  The booking I made for my pal ensures that he, with his difficulties walking, will have an attendant (and wheelchair, if required)  with him from aircraft door to limousine door.  

You referred to your pal as elderly so I pointed out what he could do to get through with minimal hassle if he were 70. Not having to wait in line is important to those mobility impaired, attendant present or not.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I've just been online and booked my fast track for when I arrive in Thailand.  The booking this morning was very quick.  It cost me B1250 which when converted to English money cost me £33.61.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

In/Out twice each way in the last Cpl weeks, flying Business Class and I did not get given any Fast Track passes neither on or as I got off the plane inbound or from the check in desks outbound. 

When I asked the staff said no problem just show Business Class boarding pass for Fast Track which I did and had no issues or delays, in fact I did not have to queue or wait at all.

Now I don't know if they had run out of passes, were in the middle of moving to yet another new style/design of pass OR...to stop the reselling of them they have completely stopped issuing them, in which case the only way through Fast Track now is with a Business Class or First Class boarding pass.

This is a bummer for those with high level airline status as it means that you can't use Fast Track anymore like before where your status got you a pass no matter what class you flew.

31 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

Now I don't know if they had run out of passes, were in the middle of moving to yet another new style/design of pass OR...to stop the reselling of them they have completely stopped issuing them, in which case the only way through Fast Track now is with a Business Class or First Class boarding pass.

This is a bummer for those with high level airline status as it means that you can't use Fast Track anymore like before where your status got you a pass no matter what class you flew.

They didn't run out, they don't use them any longer since your boarding pass shows them the class of your flight.

When I leave BKK and return, I just show them my boarding pass and go through the Fast Track lane.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

2 hours ago, Shaksey said:

In/Out twice each way in the last Cpl weeks, flying Business Class and I did not get given any Fast Track passes neither on or as I got off the plane inbound or from the check in desks outbound. 

When I asked the staff said no problem just show Business Class boarding pass for Fast Track which I did and had no issues or delays, in fact I did not have to queue or wait at all.

LeoTex is spot on. Change has been made for a while now too. Aside from Business & up classes, the only other way through Fast Track would be a 3rd party through Bangkok Airport Limousine. 

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I guess they changed it over the summer as i'm sure they still gave out passes in June because I've still got them as it was so quiet at regular imm channels It would have taken longer to walk the extra distance to Premium Lane, lol.

The rampant fraud was why they changed it. That particular line is for business and first and diplomats and these facilities in airports are usually funded by the airlines. Not intended to be a revenue stream for fly by night vendors.

14 minutes ago, ricktoronto said:

The rampant fraud was why they changed it. That particular line is for business and first and diplomats and these facilities in airports are usually funded by the airlines. Not intended to be a revenue stream for fly by night vendors.

Yes but they used a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Bangkok Flight Services are not fly by night vendors and still supply services within the airport. Others are still able to sell the service to economy passengers and I'm pretty sure that palms are being greased to allow this to happen. Revenue streams still exist.