IGNORED

ANA (All Nippon Airways) Review

Ziplee

Used ANA to fly from USA to LOS recently. This is how my trip went.

Started in Charlotte with United. I was surprised that United was using a bigger jet to puddle jump to Chicago. Well I was glad they did. It was packed. After getting my Boarding Pass, made my way to TSA, no problem. Stopped to get a snack before boarding.

The flight was OK and didn’t take long to get to Chicago. I hate ORD (Chicago) airport because usually I’m riding some bus to a terminal across the road and we have to wait outside to catch that bus. Once we get to the new terminal I go back through TSA again. Then walk a mile to the gate. But that’s with a China airline, I think. With ANA, we arrived at the same terminal that we take off from, to get to Tokyo. No TSA.

Well I get to the gate for the flight to Tokyo and there’s the sign “Flight delayed to 0630 AM due to Maintenance.” Oh shit it was 10:00 am now. I walk up to the counter to see what they can do. She said they were putting everybody on the flight on a flight to Tokyo’s other huge airport… NRT.

It’s a 5 hour layover so they gave me a ticket to the lounge across from the gate. Let me tell you it was nice, Shower rooms, at least 3 stations for food, comfortable chairs and everything free. I got my belly full, kicked back in a comfortable chair. E-mailed Nam Taxi about the delay, of course “No problem, will have driver, new time” 

So I was kicked back waiting on my plane when a lady walked through with a paper. It had my flight number on it. I pointed at it and she sprinted over to me. I showed my ticket and she said come, come. I’m not sure if my watch was wrong or what happened, but they were holding the plane for ME.

I boarded the plane and after they checked my ticket they closed the door. I have to say that was close, instead of saying OK we are outta here, they said find this guy. I found my seat very comfy in Premium Economy. I slept more on this flight than any before. The food was the same as economy and I didn’t mind. I was saving money and flying Premium Economy all the way to BKK.

We left about 10 mins late because of ME, but arrived at NRT - Tokyo on time. It was around 12 hrs and I got about 6 hrs sleep. Had a couple hours layover and I went to the lounge to get my belly full. This lounge was huge and had it’s own smoking room. Another plus for ANA is Premium Economy tickets get access to the lounges. I made sure I was at the gate early for the last leg to BKK.

Got on the 787, Premium Economy seat. I got 3 more hours sleep and watched a movie. The seats were very comfy. I arrived at BKK at 4am and met Nam driver at the usual spot.

Overall I give ANA a 4 out 5 stars and now my "go to" airline for flights to LOS.

Archived