IGNORED

Transferwise transfers to Bangkok bank

Scuba+

13 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Are transfers now being recorded as foreign?

If you use the last option in the drop down box......

9 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
15 hours ago, dave01 said:
If you use the last option in the drop down box......

Is that "Funds for long term stay in Thailand"?

Yep... I was using the other one before.... monthly living expenses I, think it is... it used to show as International up to last month. I think they rejigged their systems but I am not sure....  I transferred this month using the "Funds for long term stay" and it shows as International...

Yep... I was using the other one before.... monthly living expenses I, think it is... it used to show as International up to last month. I think they rejigged their systems but I am not sure....  I transferred this month using the "Funds for long term stay" and it shows as International...
they had a system upgrade issue recently where transfers were being treated as domestic, apparently now sorted so should be FTT International

1 hour ago, chris2004 said:

NO. My last one wasn't. Which kind of defeats the object of having a BBK account.

When did you last transfer... there was an issue last month.. happened to me where it was shown as "Interbank Transfer via SMART". I changed to the last option in the dropdown box this month, and it is shown as " 04 Sep 2019 14:00    International Transfer"

Up until last month, all transfers had been shown as "International Transfer". This is with Bangkok Bank.. It depends on what option you chose from the drop down box, IME.

5 minutes ago, dave01 said:

Up until last month, all transfers had been shown as "International Transfer". This is with Bangkok Bank.. It depends on what option you chose from the drop down box, IME.

Transferwise?

• 1 month later...
On 16/09/2019 at 07:55, dave01 said:

When did you last transfer... there was an issue last month.. happened to me where it was shown as "Interbank Transfer via SMART". I changed to the last option in the dropdown box this month, and it is shown as " 04 Sep 2019 14:00    International Transfer"

Up until last month, all transfers had been shown as "International Transfer".by This is with Bangkok Bank.. It depends on what option you chose from the drop down box, IME.

For what its worth i transferred some money this month with Transferwise to my bangkok bank account as 'travel expenses' as i have before and this time it was shown as "Interbank Transfer via SMART" in the past its always been "International Transfer". Not a big problem for me yet as I'm only a tourist at the moment but that will change in a year or two

• 3 weeks later...

What is the difference how the funds are described, as long as the money arrives in your account?

If you want to prove that you are getting regular funds from overseas for the retirement visa (monthly option) then your bank statement has to show International Transfer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2019 at 12:22, Explorer8939 said:

What is the difference how the funds are described, as long as the money arrives in your account?

see above + when buying a condo in foreign name you need to show the fund come from O/S or the land office will tax/charge  you and when selling it will be hard to return back home 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 15/09/2019 at 22:38, Scuba+ said:

i have read all replies and still havent used transferwise   

so will using this drop down box explained in replies and added below give the correct code for a condo purchase the land office will ask for  ??

On 16/09/2019 at 14:08, Scuba+ said:

Is that "Funds for long term stay in Thailand"?

15 minutes ago, talung66 said:

so will using this drop down box explained in replies and added below give the correct code for a condo purchase

Second option from the bottom "purchase of property"

21 minutes ago, dave01 said:

ok cheers i'll look for it when i set up my account 

@dave01 @Scuba+ And other BM reading

Excuse if this is confusing.

I registered at transferwise and did a run through and cancelled my transaction to see the system. (sorry i can't take a screenshot with all the choices of the drop down box  I dont know how to that.) 

To me it is just a question that transferwise is asking.

image.png.1249edb4d1c70ab63a44423523465771.png

Question ANAIN  is when it reaches my thai bank will i get the correct  3 letter code that confirms it came from foreign funds if i select the purchase of property in the drop down box. that the land office is happy with as i am not sure what it actually is.

Have you actually done this a know for sure it is what the land office needs ( my mate got done for 60k sending it wrong way)

Here are examples of what is not the code for sending money the way i did in oz using X Wing

1) from passbook connected + see 2) below a same deposit 20/06/19 different code 

image.png.4958e9f1b7bfd1fd6c2345c684708427.png

2) from online account I banking

I transferred AUD cash over the counter in a thai town sydney.from above i can go back further in i banking but all sent same way except INT = interest 

note different codes image.png.d80a61d5b3e33b3de38a40e662846e24.png

regards 

The actual reason does not appear on YOUR account statement... but what shows is "International Transfer".  That is with Bangkok Bank, can not speak for other banks.

27 minutes ago, talung66 said:

@dave01 @Scuba+ And other BM reading

Excuse if this is confusing.

I registered at transferwise and did a run through and cancelled my transaction to see the system. (sorry i can't take a screenshot with all the choices of the drop down box  I dont know how to that.) 

To me it is just a question that transferwise is asking.

image.png.1249edb4d1c70ab63a44423523465771.png

Question ANAIN  is when it reaches my thai bank will i get the correct  3 letter code that confirms it came from foreign funds if i select the purchase of property in the drop down box. that the land office is happy with as i am not sure what it actually is.

Have you actually done this a know for sure it is what the land office needs ( my mate got done for 60k sending it wrong way)

Here are examples of what is not the code for sending money the way i did in oz using X Wing

1) from passbook connected + see 2) below a same deposit 20/06/19 different code 

image.png.4958e9f1b7bfd1fd6c2345c684708427.png

2) from online account I banking

I transferred AUD cash over the counter in a thai town sydney.from above i can go back further in i banking but all sent same way except INT = interest 

note different codes image.png.d80a61d5b3e33b3de38a40e662846e24.png

regards 

I've never done TransferWise so I have no idea what their fees are or if even have them.  The last time I moved USDs to LOS a few years back I went to he Bangkok Bank up on 2nd Rd near Soi 6 and asked them about writing a check to myself from my checking account in America to be deposited into my Bangkok Bank account at Big C Extra.  Was told that there was a small fee based upon a percent of the check but capped at 500 baht, so best to write for a large amount.  I asked about the exchange rate and would I get what Bangkok Bank shows on their exchange booths and was told that it would be higher.  Asked them would the funds be shown as coming from outside LOS to show that they could be used to purchase a condo and was told yes.  The only negative is that I was told that it would take close to 3 weeks for the check to clear.

2 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I've never done TransferWise so I have no idea what their fees are or if even have them.  The last time I moved USDs to LOS a few years back I went to he Bangkok Bank up on 2nd Rd near Soi 6 and asked them about writing a check to myself from my checking account in America to be deposited into my Bangkok Bank account at Big C Extra.  Was told that there was a small fee based upon a percent of the check but capped at 500 baht, so best to write for a large amount.  I asked about the exchange rate and would I get what Bangkok Bank shows on their exchange booths and was told that it would be higher.  Asked them would the funds be shown as coming from outside LOS to show that they could be used to purchase a condo and was told yes.  The only negative is that I was told that it would take close to 3 weeks for the check to clear.

that good to know

( as i dont have a checking account.)

All  up your recommending i bring a AUD bank check made to me and deposit it in my own bangkok bank account.

It should only take  few days to clear as well being a bank check

Issue for me the way the AUD is going i cant wait till i get back 

FYI

TT exchange is showing today at 20.47on market rate of 20.68 transferwise will give me up to 20.53 as shown strage 

image.png.c64825a8ac3b57e450b7c06c166a62c5.png

On 15/09/2019 at 22:38, Scuba+ said:

On 10/12/2019 at 13:32, dave01 said:

I Just called transferwise they can't answer the question until it arrives in your bangkok bank account.

Once it arrives they will know and or if not you will need to ask them to do a S E T they will complete. ( dont know what it stands for.) they told me as soon as it arrives email then and ask for one