Nayanugi

Driving Headaches

Nayanugi

I am considering driving to Pattaya on Saturday and before I book a hotel, I would like to know if North Road, Central Rd., and South Rd. are a nightmare to drive on due to construction.  Any other major arteries like 2nd Rd and 3rd. Rd might be nice to know about as well.  I already know that Beach Road is a mess but no problem because I only walk along that road.

Thanks!

Nayanugi

P.S.   If anyone knows of any unpublished hotel deals in the Lenkee/Buakhao area, can ya give me a heads-up?

Halfaboy

Google maps gives usually reliable info.

Saturday is usually busy because of all the Bangkok people going to Pattaya... 

WalterA
56 minutes ago, Nayanugi said:

I am considering driving to Pattaya on Saturday and before I book a hotel, I would like to know if North Road, Central Rd., and South Rd. are a nightmare to drive on due to construction.  Any other major arteries like 2nd Rd and 3rd. Rd might be nice to know about as well.  I already know that Beach Road is a mess but no problem because I only walk along that road.

Thanks!

I’m not sure what the point of this .... all the roads are a nightmare here ... irrespective where you live .... good luck

Scuba+

Central road work seems mostly finished as is 2nd road except near Pratamak. 3rd road mostly ok, so the main one to avoid is beach road, but many roads will be clogged up due to beach road

Daz Manc

Central road has construction between 3rd road and 2nd road

3rd road has construction going south just before South Road

AsianMPLover

Here is a vote for the traffic app Waze. It gets live user updates of police checkpoints, traffic accidents, etc. It's also smart enough to guide you away from ongoing traffic construction ;-)

I have used it extensively in SE Asia and found it to be better than Google Maps.

Drive safely!

Edited by AsianMPLover

WhiteThai

If the OP wants to stay on soi Lengkee, why worry about traffic on beach or 2nd rd?:o

bobSL1

It's a fkin mess currently, and it gets worse at weekends. And plod is everywhere charging you for the experience.

Jebb

Saturday will always be busy especially along Sukhumvit.

Scuba+

Central from 2nd road to Beach road is still closed, traffic diverted off so have to go down Soi 6..

bukone

Getting to Pattaya won’t be a problem, getting around Pattaya will be :)