Taa_Saparot

Ringing the Bell

dave01
10 hours ago, cmw said:

The fact the bar accepted such a reduced amount makes me suspect the bill maybe was padded.

Makes me suspect that when the bell was rung, extraordinarily cheap to buy (for the bar) shots were handed around... at a VERY inflated price.  I don't think they lost....

Exiled
17 hours ago, keepitfun said:

His Thai girlfriend didn’t seem to have his back that night.

His girl more likely was getting a cut!

Dr No

Is this a beer bar thing that when the bell is rung every one else in the bar gets a drink? Never really noticed it in BB’s. 

In GG’s when a customer rings the bell it’s just the girls who get the drink. A lot of bars even have different bells ‘buy every girl a drink’ or ‘buy girls on stage a drink’ etc etc. 

per anum

I can be pretty sure this was done at the instigation of the "girlfriend"....probably her bar and she decided to milk him!......now she is probably pretty well screwed with the mamasan!

Brianmills808

Alcohol sure makes people do some stupid things. At times it can be worth it, but most of the times not. I’d like to see this guy the next morning and show him the receipt just to see his reaction. But hey you only live once!! And maybe he’s loaded with money

olic

He must be a fool. You get a bill every drink and could clearly see them adding up.

genieboi

20 times?? He mustve really wanted his name written on that VIP wall. 5555. Walk of shame nonetheless. 

princeofwales

I rang the bell once

It was in la poste soi Lengkee

I was the only guy in there and all the girls got naked and did birdie song dance it was quite bizarre and a more than a little bit fun

Almost like a weird dream

Money well spent I thought 

Crushed
2 hours ago, Dr No said:

Is this a beer bar thing that when the bell is rung every one else in the bar gets a drink? Never really noticed it in BB’s. 

In GG’s when a customer rings the bell it’s just the girls who get the drink. A lot of bars even have different bells ‘buy every girl a drink’ or ‘buy girls on stage a drink’ etc etc. 

Depends upon the bar. I have been a customer who got a free drink in a beer bar due to a bell-ringer several times.  Most often it has been beer bars (and Soi 6 bars, which are pretty much the same thing as beer bars).

Taa_Saparot
3 hours ago, Dr No said:

Originally, if you rang the bell, everyone in the bar got a drink.

Later on, the GoGo's went and complicated things.

WalterA

FE3B44CA-420F-4329-9A39-08D505811712.gif

Machinations
I can be pretty sure this was done at the instigation of the "girlfriend"....probably her bar and she decided to milk him!......now she is probably pretty well screwed with the mamasan!
Yeah, most likely the bargirl will foot the rest of the bill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

geoslayer1

1,000,000 % this guy knew what the "ring the bell" ment, have you ever seen a bell or horn without a sign clearly in FN english ? answer is NO, because this mistake happens once in awhile, some tipsy guy will yank on it, the bar/gogo will go nuts, he'll realize what he did, say no no no... oops, and he will sometimes be forgiven, but to ring it over 20 times !!! every yank on the bell/horn he did on purpose, he most likely got tipsy/drunk and became a showoff, he got off on the excitement it's intoxicating, all the girls freaking out, place must of been lit as fuck... so to keep the high going he kept pulling and pulling till he sobered up and realized he just fucked up... and instead of apologizing and manning up and doing the right thing he went with the " I'm stupid and i didnt know" route, now that bar is out of watered down vodka but still someone has to account for that... bet you now that place will get a computerized system for receipts:Busted:

Edited by geoslayer1

Kickoff

How much is it to ring the bell at a Soi 6 beer bar? At a gogo bar? I'd never do it but curious.

Crushed
Just now, Kickoff said:

How much is it to ring the bell at a Soi 6 beer bar? At a gogo bar? I'd never do it but curious.

Ringing the bell is free.  Some gogos and Soi 6 bars have a set price for buying drinks after ringing the bell.  Others don't so it's the price of buying the girls or girls and customers a drink depending on the policy of the bar.

I saw a very drunk guy enter a Soi6 bar and ring the bell.  The girls all rushed to the bar but it was clear that he had no idea what he was doing especially when he sat down in the area of the soi motorized traffic use.

BuckDefiant
1 hour ago, Kickoff said:

Depends on the house's policy.

If the bell is "Girls Dancing", just multiply the (number of girls on stage + mamasan + x random)* lady drink price . 

I used to do it in Bangkok Soi Cowboy late night, just before taking the taxi to Swampy.

Lighthouse, ~8 girls + mamasan + 2 servers @ 180B = 2000B;  I always thought it was a great last-lick before returning to reality. 

Ziplee

I rang the bell 2 times.

1st time it was early and they had 2 girls and cashier... 450 baht, Cheap Charlie

2nd time I talked the owner down to 1000 baht from 1350.

First time and last time I ring any bells... unless theirs 2 girls of course.

theshu25

I was playing cards one day about 7 yr s  ago in  bar next to the Areca Lodge. Pretty sure it was the hole in one bar.I was up about 15,000 baht ,i thought the girls were going to stab me,all getting very upset and angry.There was about 6 or 7 of them,so i thought i better ring the bell and quick. Calmed them all down for about 20 minutes  then gave them all another drink and departed  ,hahaha they do not like to lose money gambling. But for me gambling is a way of life.Cheap to ring the bell if there is not many in the bar.