rupdawg

Youtubers, livestreaming

rupdawg

I know a lot of people on the forums here absolutely loathe these guys (with good reason), but I don’t mind watching the odd one here and there, some of them I’ve made my hotel decisions based on their youtube reviews as I could see exactly what the rooms looked like beforehand.

However, this new wave of livestreaming is in the process of ruining everything that was remotely good about pattayas youtubers, I’ve heard reports of the likes of cheap Charlie loitering the streets of pattaya, drinking sugar water and sleeping on park benches allegedly making 1K for doing so. I’m not here to bash cheap Charlie I’ve watched a bit of cheap Charlie here and there, he once had some good content, but now his content is a streaming pile of shit and he’s making 10x he once was when he was putting in effort.

Now if he’s making that much cash for basically being a hobo, you had better believe in the next few weeks/months there will a flood of hundreds of wannabe’s livestreaming the streets and if you though chuck wow was bad just wait till you see what the next wave of narcissist/sociopaths will bring hoping to make a quick buck.

This livestreaming problem has potential to escalate exponentially and I’m not sure how it can be dealt with.

Reddit

You shall not speak there names.

They dont have long left.

malone
4 hours ago, rupdawg said:

allegedly making 1K for doing so.

i've seen some live streams and if all the donations coming in would be legit, it would be silly money... i mean literally.

but i dont believe it. allegedly there was one guy donating ab. 100$CAD multiple times in one live stream. and others followed, as it was a competition.

frankly, who has so much time and money, and nothing better to do with his time and money?
i am sure there are tons of people who have either one of those, but not both at the same time.
i'm not buying it.

on youtube you can fake anything including donations...

Call me Alfie

The live streams tend to be very boring, and Iv'e only seen a few. I tend to watch the regular videos that are relevant to me, stuff about accommodation, places to eat, things to do...that kind of vid. As far as "those who shall not be named" go, seriously, what idiot is sending them money?!..It's highly likely they are spending it on pussy and booze anyway.

AsianMPLover

Maybe it is an age thing, but I cannot understand the attraction of watching these live streams.

What is the appeal to watch unedited nonsense with poor narration? The fact that there is an audience for this type of streams gives my little hope for mankind.

Makes the bad guy at Asian Street Meet look like Sir David Attenborough in comparison.

Dazza118

It's the only way they can make decent money nowadays.

Youtube is very strict on the type of content  they will provide advertising on.

Harry Brown

Thread is locked.

We don't allow talk about some you tubers, except for exceptional circumstances, which there is already a thread running.

These types of threads end up revolving around Cheap Charlie and Chuckwow., two people that are persona non gratia on this forum. 

Couple of others are:

Thailand Ric on Tour.

David Bond.

These people are either unscrupulous or have had altercations with the forum and tried to harm it because they could not force their will on the forum.