FREDDYs

thinking about Burma

FREDDYs

I was in Burma perhaps 15 years ago.  I remember going to the embassy in Bangkok to get the visa and then on arrival in Yangon booking a flight onto bagan and Inla lake.

I really like this country as a tourist and considering going back for a few days on my coming trip. My guide back then was the lonely planet

I am sure it has change a lot and hoping to get some recommendation on a mid range hotel in Yangon and Mandalay.

Wiley Coyote

I would be interested in Burma as a future prospect.

Particularly interested in sightseeing during the day and  girl- friendly nightlife in Yangon+ Bagan .

FREDDYs

When I was there years back there were soldiers everywhere in Yangon so my nightlife was not exciting from girl friendly point of view.  But everyone was very friendly and I really like the place. I think it is a lot more relaxed now

Bagan is temples and pretty cool place, I see they do hot air balloons now. My transport was a ox and cart.

I look forward to going back.

AsianMPLover

Have been to Yangon on business trips a couple of times.

I love the country and everyone there gives a friendly impression. But the Thanakha face paint on women is a big turn-off. And based on my limited experience female hair-trimming is not in vogue. It is literally a jungle over there.

Great food though.

Edited by AsianMPLover

LeyesHombre
On 12/09/2019 at 12:18, FREDDYs said:

I am sure it has change a lot and hoping to get some recommendation on a mid range hotel in Yangon and Mandalay.

I had a really good time in Yangon on my trip 2 years ago. I stayed at the Esperado Lake View on one occasion, and the hotel Grand United Ahlone on the other occasion. Grand United was about US$30/night and the Esperado was about US$50/night. Both hotels included breakfast. Spent an afternoon at Shwedegaon Pagoda, which is a must see. Also took a ferry across the river and visited the small villages around Dala. Very cool.

For night time, I would recommend Pioneer Disco. The place was literally packed with freelancers. I also tried Emperor Club but it was more like a fashion show. Still, the chicks were hot. 

The guy that runs Jakarta1100bars has a good run down of the nightlife venues: http://www.jakarta100bars.com/2017/01/yangon-nightlife-best-nightclubs-bars.html

tuga

Burma is probably in my top 3 countries to visit, and if it wasn't going for Thailand I would go there next trip

Even tho it's probably not a good place to pick girls but the amazing temples, landscapes and culture, would love to visit Bagan, Inle lake, Hpa-an, Mandalay, Yangon

I will go there probably in the next 2 years, even if its short visit first and then a longer trip, and being not so touristy as the neighbor countries is a plus

fostraswift

was  there last year, lovely country, people very freindly

not much party action tho:D