Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

FREDDYs

thinking about Burma

FREDDYs

I was in Burma perhaps 15 years ago.  I remember going to the embassy in Bangkok to get the visa and then on arrival in Yangon booking a flight onto bagan and Inla lake.

I really like this country as a tourist and considering going back for a few days on my coming trip. My guide back then was the lonely planet

I am sure it has change a lot and hoping to get some recommendation on a mid range hotel in Yangon and Mandalay.

Wiley Coyote

I would be interested in Burma as a future prospect.

Particularly interested in sightseeing during the day and  girl- friendly nightlife in Yangon+ Bagan .

FREDDYs

When I was there years back there were soldiers everywhere in Yangon so my nightlife was not exciting from girl friendly point of view.  But everyone was very friendly and I really like the place. I think it is a lot more relaxed now

Bagan is temples and pretty cool place, I see they do hot air balloons now. My transport was a ox and cart.

I look forward to going back.

AsianMPLover

Have been to Yangon on business trips a couple of times.

I love the country and everyone there gives a friendly impression. But the Thanakha face paint on women is a big turn-off. And based on my limited experience female hair-trimming is not in vogue. It is literally a jungle over there.

Great food though.

Edited by AsianMPLover

LeyesHombre
On 12/09/2019 at 12:18, FREDDYs said:

I am sure it has change a lot and hoping to get some recommendation on a mid range hotel in Yangon and Mandalay.

I had a really good time in Yangon on my trip 2 years ago. I stayed at the Esperado Lake View on one occasion, and the hotel Grand United Ahlone on the other occasion. Grand United was about US$30/night and the Esperado was about US$50/night. Both hotels included breakfast. Spent an afternoon at Shwedegaon Pagoda, which is a must see. Also took a ferry across the river and visited the small villages around Dala. Very cool.

For night time, I would recommend Pioneer Disco. The place was literally packed with freelancers. I also tried Emperor Club but it was more like a fashion show. Still, the chicks were hot. 

The guy that runs Jakarta1100bars has a good run down of the nightlife venues: http://www.jakarta100bars.com/2017/01/yangon-nightlife-best-nightclubs-bars.html

tuga

Burma is probably in my top 3 countries to visit, and if it wasn't going for Thailand I would go there next trip

Even tho it's probably not a good place to pick girls but the amazing temples, landscapes and culture, would love to visit Bagan, Inle lake, Hpa-an, Mandalay, Yangon

I will go there probably in the next 2 years, even if its short visit first and then a longer trip, and being not so touristy as the neighbor countries is a plus

fostraswift

was  there last year, lovely country, people very freindly

not much party action tho:D

bjb

Was there for a couple of weeks recently. Played a few golf courses and they were of a pretty good standard. 

Yangon and Bagan are certainly worth visiting, plenty to see and hardly any tourists. Food was excellent, local beer called Myanmar (lager) was good and the prices were a lot, lot lower than Thailand.

People were very friendly and helpful.

It's opening up to the world now so my advice is go there before it becomes more developed and changes.

Cerberus

The lass and I went for a week earlier this year, due to having to meet someone we were in Mandalay for most of that week, I would recommend  Bagan, Inle lake and Yangon over Mandalay.  Although not looking for action out of interest we kept our eyes wide open and there was nothing obvious to be seen. From a tourist stand point it is excellent and the people were friendly. My lass fell in with the local women regards the Thanakha face paint which I found somewhat different and in some cases attractive.

We found everything reasonably priced in comparison to Thailand and will return on a photographic tour next year.

cashpoint
1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

.......  Although not looking for action out of interest we kept our eyes wide open and there was nothing obvious to be seen..........

Sounds like you’ve found a gap in the market!  Perhaps a DD in Yangon?

keepitfun

I have met some nice Burmese folk.  One was on a beach in Phuket...he was building a restaurant.   Wanted to practice his English.   I spent a couple of hours chatting.

Tempted but have a feeling things could go wrong fast.....probably just me, would love to hear a trip report.