Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
Shaky42

Dental implants

Shaky42

Just got o qoute of 2000 euro for 2 teeth implants. I am going to pattaya for the month of November and I was thinking of getting it done there.. did anyone get good dental work in pattaya?

Colin back in Pattaya

Plenty of good dentists in Pattaya.

My recommendation would be the dental clinic at Pattaya International Hospital on Soi 4.

Bira

Good price. That is less than what I paid for just one, here in the states. 

Prices in Bangkok might be higher than that.

dh842

If it's a dentist you know and trust I would pay the 2000 euro. Health and dental care isn't the place to try and save a couple euro. You get what you pay for...

ThaiGirlLover

Cheaper than what I paid for a single implant here in San Francisco. 

glassmanengland
9 hours ago, Shaky42 said:

Just got o qoute of 2000 euro for 2 teeth implants. I am going to pattaya for the month of November and I was thinking of getting it done there.. did anyone get good dental work in pattaya?

Do your research.Ive had 2 done in UK and it's not a one visit job.implant needs to integrate for approx 3 months before crown can be made and fitted .so if your a once a year visitor I would not bother.also if there's a problem afterwards who do you turn to if your back in Europe.this can happen.ive had a problem with another implant which is having to be redone.by all means have root canal,filling or tooth whitening but I would steer clear of implants unless I was a long term stayer or expat

Edited by glassmanengland

Jeffinak

Around 5k usd where I live. Alaska. Dr Cherry  at dental smile on 2nd rd has been very good. Will finish my second implant this fall . I think it is around 42k baut. I checked with a oral surgeon where I live, he said that he had attended training with dentists from around the world and that it is standardized.  no worries.  There are many places in the world, that in fact, you do not get what you pay for. Dental Smile clinic is not one of those places.

thinkingallowed

Did a bit of research into implants recently and the savings, if any, in comparison to Western Europe weren't worth it. 

Eastern Europe would be cheaper but even with the cheapest flights and hotels two implants wouldn't save any money.

I ended up going to India where extractions, bone grafts top and bottom, sinus lift and eight Nobel Biocare active implants plus temporary dentures cost me £4200. Will return at Christmas to get the All on 4 dentures loaded on to the implants. 

thinkingallowed
22 minutes ago, Jeffinak said:

Around 5k usd where I live. Alaska. Dr Cherry  at dental smile on 2nd rd has been very good. Will finish my second implant this fall . I think it is around 42k baut. 

€1000 is less than 34k baht. 

Massive savings in Thailand for Americans though. 

Jeffinak
6 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

€1000 is less than 34k baht. 

Massive savings in Thailand for Americans though. 

Yep, I can do the math. Just giving the OP what he asked for.

bukone

That’s a good price for 2 implants, cheaper than you will probably pay at a good dentist in Thailand.

and tbh you will be in a bit of discomfort for a week so I’d do it at home, only bonus is Pattaya has better drugs that they give you 555

Bonkabit

http://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/ has clinics in both Bangkok and in Phuket. Web site has link to lists of estimated charges for different procedures; actual is of course subject to examining you in person. You can ask for an estimate by email.

I go to Bangkok clinic once a year for clean, check-up and any work needed. Costs are about one third of Australia.

Example: crown on lower right 6. Melbourne dentist quoted $A2500 (52000 THB). Got done in Bangkok, 17800 THB. This was nine or ten years ago; tooth is fine. 

Daz Manc

One thing nobody has mentioned yet is - do you need a bone graft first ?

That will slow the whole process down considerably if,  like very many people, you do.

Goolabert

I recently had two implants done by Dr. Warin at his clinic on Cebtral Pattaya Rd. Hospital price listed as a comparison.  I'm very happy with the results. It was a six month wait between initial implant and getting the crown.

I used to do all dental at Pattaya International but the quality went down and the prices went up. I was so disgusted with the dentist at my last visit that I would never go back.

Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital - 59k-72k

Dr. Warin (Central Rd) - 30k

cmw
5 hours ago, Jeffinak said:

Around 5k usd where I live. Alaska. Dr Cherry  at dental smile on 2nd rd has been very good. Will finish my second implant this fall . I think it is around 42k baut. I checked with a oral surgeon where I live, he said that he had attended training with dentists from around the world and that it is standardized.  no worries.  There are many places in the world, that in fact, you do not get what you pay for. Dental Smile clinic is not one of those places.

Do you know if that's the same Dr Cherry that sometimes works from the clinic in Central festival?

ex-pat

Dr. Warin on Pattaya Klang (Centre) charges me 30K. YMMV. Had two - no complaints. But I think every dentist will want you to wait at least 2 months between inserting the socket and the crown. He prefers at least 4.

Edited by ex-pat

Shaky42

That's great information.....thanks all

jor
8 hours ago, cmw said:

Do you know if that's the same Dr Cherry that sometimes works from the clinic in Central festival?

Yes, it is the same lady.  I have been going to her for some years at Central Festival. 

Pabibaga

Dr Cherry is highly recommended. I just got 15 teeth crowned today and damn it was flawless... Dr Cherry is great, very informative from emails and then in the clinic she does her job perfectly.

She is well recommended for many many years now so I think that has to be one of your first criteria... 

PS: 2 days ago for my first appointment I was on the waiting couch with the legendary Tim Sharky... That was fun

adammike
8 hours ago, ex-pat said:

Dr. Warin on Pattaya Klang (Centre) charges me 30K. YMMV. Had two - no complaints. But I think every dentist will want you to wait at least 2 months between inserting the socket and the crown. He prefers at least 4.

I have to wait for 5 months and it's been 6 months since two of my back teeth were extracted so it's about a year start to finish.

That's in the Netherlands.

ex-pat
2 minutes ago, adammike said:

I have to wait for 5 months and it's been 6 months since two of my back teeth were extracted so it's about a year start to finish.

That's in the Netherlands.

The thing the OP should watch out for is a dentist over-minimizing the wait time just to get the business. I know some will it in only 2 months which sounds much too quickly to me. In fact I had to have one socket redone, larger, at around 2 months because it was not bonding to the bone properly. On that one Dr. Warin inspected it a couple times and did the crown about 4 - 4 1/2 months later.

thinkingallowed
On 13/09/2019 at 13:27, ex-pat said:

The thing the OP should watch out for is a dentist over-minimizing the wait time just to get the business. I know some will it in only 2 months which sounds much too quickly to me. In fact I had to have one socket redone, larger, at around 2 months because it was not bonding to the bone properly. On that one Dr. Warin inspected it a couple times and did the crown about 4 - 4 1/2 months later.

Yes, my dental surgeon and other practical members of the team in India were saying wait at least three months before returning and I suggested Xmas which would be four and a half. Got the thumbs up from them but my case manager, bean counter, was encouraging me to return as soon as possible.

My current job flies me out of Norway for tax reasons every month so I'm off to Budapest this month and am going to have a CBCT scan to see how my implants are doing. €100 approx for this which is less than half the price in the UK and I get to see a beautiful historic city at the same time.