mrman348

Nightwish taking over

Harry Brown
On 12/09/2019 at 21:55, likeaking said:

Care to elaborate, SirL? I also understand that the owner of Nightwish Group also owns this forum.

No we don't need that.

Harry Brown

Guys,  some posts removed, please desist with the bickering.

Just accept that there is going to be difference of opinion.

underbelly
15 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Because of the nature of their business. 

Bankers comments. "So you have 2 guys permanently going into 7/11's and family marts in Isaan looking for new staff"

"400 baht "special shot" is your biggest seller". Yes, customer brings own shot. Its like corkage.

10 hours ago, webDev said:

Do you guys think consolidation of the bar industry by Nightwish and the other groups will eventually harm the scene?

Cartel's or monopolies are price setters so it usually means higher prices once a foothold is established. Unless of course they are regulated. NWG don't seem to be harming the scene ATM. Soi 6 is a good option for many people.

If NW group fell over girls would move to other places very quickly(they are adept at this) and the market would adjust accordingly.

Bawdy

^ Like most the girls left Sexy in the City.

rob63

That Lamok guy is a good dude in my opinion, who has stumbled across the correct formulae to succeed in Pattaya, and good luck to him. I'll avoid getting personal cos he has never wronged me, but I'll just comment on everything that he himself has made public.

The cornerstone of all his business strategies is finding a mug. Either to overpay for a product/service, supply capital or manpower. It's always the same. Doeasn't matter if he is flogging his drinks, girls services, his car, house or a website, recruiting foreign staff. Overpay for drinks: salesman rationale: it don't matter you are on holiday, besides we are mates. Overpay for house: we are mates and you don't know the market, trust me, it's a great deal. Falang working for him below market rate: we are mates, besides you are having fun etc. etc. etc. That's his marketing strategy, so fair play to him. Pattaya is full of mugs. Lonely guys who desperately want a friend and someone to love. His establishment provides both at a price above market rates. Smarter ones on this board recognize this and comment appropriately. The weaker minds on here try to make it out to be something different. I say, fair play to the guy.

Ownership of the news website. A few posters here are hiding behind semantics. Sure we don't doubt that business/website is registered in his wife's name. I'll be respectful here.Anyone who believes she is a business genius who exercises control is a total simpleton. He will call the shots, control the assets, income and expenditure.

Current/previous ownership of this forum. I've read Lamok's comments on this topic. Although skeptical, I won't comment as it's not as definitive as the previous 2 points.

Final point. Flying in the face of common sense, there will always be delta males trying to portray the obvious facts as something different. Pattaya attracts weak males with simple minds. That's what maintains the falang scene. Without simpletons cheerleading the spin, Pattaya would have a far smaller population.

webDev

It is easy to compare a Thai run place to a Nightwish bar but the problem is low cost Thai operations do not expand. It is the McDonalds of the world that expand, not the food carts.

So if the choice is between one of our own exploiting the market gap vs say, an asian Spearmint Rhino or Hooters, I'd say we came out well. These other operations would have eventually pushed us far past a drinking or ST focus into hands off only, and you wouldn't be paying an extra 150 thb / $5 for it either

rope-a-dope

Pretty sure I remember buying the forum from a guy in JP bar..around 4am, couple of years ago I think this was now. I am not the micro manager that some guys can be, if it's not broke etc etc, so I have just let things roll as they are.

Harry Brown

Some posts hidden,  gentlemen please leave the argument alone.

Harry Brown

@rob63 @taylor1975

It's the second time I have asked you guys nicely to desist.

taylor1975
7 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

@rob63 @taylor1975

It's the second time I have asked you guys nicely to desist.

Really? I must've missed the first time

Harry Brown
3 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

People usually walk past politeness without noticing.

Jebb
11 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

:Oops1:

On 18/09/2019 at 13:48, Harry Brown said:

Guys,  some posts removed, please desist with the bickering.

Just accept that there is going to be difference of opinion.

12 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Some posts hidden,  gentlemen please leave the argument alone.

dave01
On 15/09/2019 at 04:38, Harry Brown said:

I find it funny that when someone posts on this site that they want tol open a bar,. Then all the negativity flows of 'That's the best way to lose your money" or "That's the worse thing you can do" type comments. Then when someone does open a bar and breaks with tradition and becomes successful everyone decries that formula.

I don't agree with you views on NWG, so will leave that as is. Agree to disagree.

BUT... I do agree with the above. It is pathetic that blokes who have never spent a penny on a bar or other business in this town think they know how  it works. They are clueless and should ignored.  I did as you have suggested, and put my money where my mouth is, and am happy with what we have done.

I have never mentioned the name of our place on this forum, for the simple reason there are so many negative pricks or know alls on here.. who bag just about every bloke who stumps up some cash...And I know, I would not be able to contain my fingers in response... lol Probably lead to a banning......