Jump to content
mrman348

Nightwish taking over

Recommended Posts

likeaking
2 minutes ago, mrman348 said:

 


If that is true, then congratulations to Nightwish on adding an excellent forum to their portfolio.

 

Actually, this forum was one of, if not his first, Pattaya business venture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaygate
4 hours ago, SirL said:

No they don't.

The forum was started and is owned by Brian Feather, Brian @LaaMokas Brian is Chief Exec of the Nightwish group its a fair statement to say they own the forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirL
1 hour ago, Shaygate said:

The forum was started and is owned by Brian Feather, Brian @LaaMokas Brian is Chief Exec of the Nightwish group its a fair statement to say they own the forum. 

Your statement is, as I understand it, historically correct, but it isn't currently correct.

My understanding is that it was sold by LaaMok and all those connected with NW roughly three years ago.  I think I know who currently owns it, but it never seems to be discussed so I guess there's some kind of code of silence over it.  I don't think it's for me to write what I understand to be the current ownership, but I'd welcome others to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
golden_boy
4 hours ago, SirL said:

Your statement is, as I understand it, historically correct, but it isn't currently correct.

My understanding is that it was sold by LaaMok and all those connected with NW roughly three years ago.  I think I know who currently owns it, but it never seems to be discussed so I guess there's some kind of code of silence over it.  I don't think it's for me to write what I understand to be the current ownership, but I'd welcome others to do so.

My understanding also, is that Brian/Laamok. Started the PA website, touted it for sale a few years back (actually quoted a ludicrous price). 

Whether that sale went through??? Certainly not at the price he mentioned it didnt.

As far as I know he still owns the site. However, your sources may well be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deano4598
13 hours ago, Shaygate said:

You do realise that they own and run this forum too? 

Wrong

7 hours ago, likeaking said:

 

Care to elaborate, SirL? I also understand that the owner of Nightwish Group also owns this forum.

Wrong

6 hours ago, Shaygate said:

The forum was started and is owned by Brian Feather, Brian @LaaMokas Brian is Chief Exec of the Nightwish group its a fair statement to say they own the forum. 

Wrong

4 hours ago, SirL said:

Your statement is, as I understand it, historically correct, but it isn't currently correct.

My understanding is that it was sold by LaaMok and all those connected with NW roughly three years ago.  I think I know who currently owns it, but it never seems to be discussed so I guess there's some kind of code of silence over it.  I don't think it's for me to write what I understand to be the current ownership, but I'd welcome others to do so.

Pretty close

6 minutes ago, golden_boy said:

My understanding also, is that Brian/Laamok. Started the PA website, touted it for sale a few years back (actually quoted a ludicrous price). 

Whether that sale went through??? Certainly not at the price he mentioned it didnt.

As far as I know he still owns the site. However, your sources may well be correct.

Wrong, and before you ask who does, I'm not telling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
golden_boy
1 minute ago, deano4598 said:

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Pretty close

Wrong, and before you ask who does, I'm not telling.

You dont have to tell us. But, surely you can say whether it got sold for 10 million baht or not? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirL
6 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

Pretty close

Is there actually some kind of code of silence so we are forbidden from writing here what we know?  Or is it OK for me to do so?  I'm unsure if I'll incur the Wrath* of the mods/owner if I write all I know.  Permission please?

 

*  New popular word around these parts.  Gotta pretend it's part of common usage.

Edited by SirL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deano4598
1 minute ago, golden_boy said:

You dont have to tell us. But, surely you can say whether it got sold for 10 million baht or not? Lol

No, actually I don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deano4598
4 minutes ago, SirL said:

Is there actually some kind of code of silence so we are forbidden from writing here what we know?  Or is it OK for me to do so?  I'm unsure if I'll incur the Wrath* of the mods/owner if I write all I know.  Permission please?

 

*  New popular word around these parts.  Gotta pretend it's part of common usage.

SirL, rather than speculate and do something the owner does not want, perhaps you could PM him and ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirL
1 minute ago, deano4598 said:

SirL, rather than speculate and do something the owner does not want, perhaps you could PM him and ask.

Rather than it being speculation, what I could do here would be just to upload a screenshot of a text conversation between him and I last year, but to reveal such a conversation should require his permission, yes, so I shouldn't/won't do that.  I'm not trying to annoy anyone.  It's up to those involved to reveal this kind of stuff when it suits them, so I won't.  What confuses me is the total silence around these parts about the ownership, and the common misconception that LaaMok/NW still owns it.

If I'm only "pretty" close, I'll change what I've written to guessing on the light side of 3y.  Let's say 2-3y.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetzie

Some people clearly like the NW business model down on half a dozen street, others loathe it. I wonder who is really benefiting from all these changes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
2 minutes ago, SirL said:

Rather than it being speculation, what I could do here would be just to upload a screenshot of a text conversation between him and I last year, but to reveal such a conversation should require his permission, yes, so I shouldn't/won't do that.  I'm not trying to annoy anyone.  It's up to those involved to reveal this kind of stuff when it suits them, so I won't.  What confuses me is the total silence around these parts about the ownership, and the common misconception that LaaMok/NW still owns it.

If I'm only "pretty" close, I'll change what I've written to guessing on the light side of 3y.  Let's say 2-3y.

 

It wouldn't be wise to post a personal PM or discussion and make it public here.

They obviously have their reasons  for doing what they do.

One thing I would say is that Nightwish do not own the forum it is not under their company administration.

No-one influences the Mods . Like any business we have guidelines and rules to follow and as group we administer according to those ethos.

 

As to who actually owns it ? That is their personal choice and is up for them to say not me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirL
4 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

 

It wouldn't be wise to post a personal PM or discussion and make it public here.

They obviously have their reasons  for doing what they do.

One thing I would say is that Nightwish do not own the forum it is not under their company administration.

No-one influences the Mods . Like any business we have guidelines and rules to follow and as group we administer according to those ethos.

 

As to who actually owns it ? That is their personal choice and is up for them to say not me.

Exactly.  As I wrote, it's not for me to reveal such things, if those closely involved choose not to do so, so I won't do so myself.  I'm just not sure what I am allowed to write.  And I'm trying to be good these days.

Edited by SirL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_wimpy

Are we allowed to guess?

I reckon White Spider, or Jenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

A few years back Soi Six was dead,  As a customer I liked the modus operandi it was good for me. Fact is businesses were struggling and becoming desperate . Some falang owners were defaulting on loans. I knew a few of the owners and to say they were on struggle street was an understatement.  Granted most of those that I knew were not businessmen and still had the party mentality and other vices which brought them down. A few that I knew did ok.

Then along came Nightwish and they had a whole new concept, I was doubtful at first but they introduced a new type of customer to the mix. Now after experiencing this myself  for some time; my view from all perspectives is that:

1. It was needed to inject life into the Soi or it would've died.

2. people buy businesses to make money.

3. Proof is in the spreadsheet. That's what you need to follow as a businessman.

4. In business someone once told me "Don't complain about change and do nothing, if you don't like something get involved at a higher level an be part of that change , then you can steer it in the direction you want.

So go and buy a business and make it the model you want and are so passionate about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

Even though big drinking and shots etc are not my style, I can still enjoy Soi Six ( the dirty half dozen) . I play the game my way and I'll go into any bar , it does not phase me who owns it. The big drawcard for me is THE GIRLS; I go in choose a girl I might be interested in , call her over buy a drink and have a quick chat if we click then we go upstairs . if we don't then I move on. 

Simple really.

The only thing that has changed is that there was more groping in the closed bars and I never really was hooked on a free grope I was always after a good ST or LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_wimpy
5 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

So go and buy a business and make it the model you want and are so passionate about. 

Pretty observant for a cleaner at the Sydney law courts @Harry Brown :D

I wanna change my guess please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitpin
12 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

Plenty of TGs and at 0.10 seconds "mister,  very nice suit for you "

Looks like Jim Davidson 1.53 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
likeaking

Does this mean I can now call out the Pattaya News, which Mrs. Lamook runs, for their coverage of the killing in Ruby Club, one of Nightwish's bars? The Pattaya News should have at least made known their connection with the Ruby Club. Any legit newspaper would have recused themselves. IMO Or will this post be deleted and me disciplined? What ever happens to this post, if anything, will help clear up who owns the forum. Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by likeaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
golden_boy
1 hour ago, Harry Brown said:

Even though big drinking and shots etc are not my style, I can still enjoy Soi Six ( the dirty half dozen) . I play the game my way and I'll go into any bar , it does not phase me who owns it. The big drawcard for me is THE GIRLS; I go in choose a girl I might be interested in , call her over buy a drink and have a quick chat if we click then we go upstairs . if we don't then I move on. 

Simple really.

The only thing that has changed is that there was more groping in the closed bars and I never really was hooked on a free grope I was always after a good ST or LT.

He is no longer around (R.I.P Dean) ... But I sure do miss the Butterfly Bar, that he was a host at. Then latterly co-owner of Wicked.

Some nice ladies within the NightWish umbrella. But as @Harry Brown has said. Its the ladies of Soi 6 that make the soi. Regardless of the bar, if the atmosphere/vibe is good then I would enter. Same goes for any bar in any soi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
golden_boy
4 minutes ago, likeaking said:

Does this mean I can now call out the Pattaya News, which Mrs. Lamook runs, for their coverage of the killing in Ruby Club, one of Nightwish's bars? The Pattaya News should have at least made known their connection with the Ruby Club. Any legit newspaper would have recused themselves. IMO Or will this post be deleted and me disciplined? What ever happens to this post, if anything, will help clear up who owns the forum. Inquiring minds want to know.

What killing was that? Was that the drunken guy who got battered by a bunch of other drunken guys? About a year back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bgtp
1 hour ago, Harry Brown said:

A few years back Soi Six was dead,  As a customer I liked the modus operandi it was good for me. Fact is businesses were struggling and becoming desperate . Some falang owners were defaulting on loans. I knew a few of the owners and to say they were on struggle street was an understatement.  Granted most of those that I knew were not businessmen and still had the party mentality and other vices which brought them down. A few that I knew did ok.

Then along came Nightwish and they had a whole new concept, I was doubtful at first but they introduced a new type of customer to the mix. Now after experiencing this myself  for some time; my view from all perspectives is that:

1. It was needed to inject life into the Soi or it would've died.

2. people buy businesses to make money.

3. Proof is in the spreadsheet. That's what you need to follow as a businessman.

4. In business someone once told me "Don't complain about change and do nothing, if you don't like something get involved at a higher level an be part of that change , then you can steer it in the direction you want.

So go and buy a business and make it the model you want and are so passionate about. 

I disagree with your first point and agree on the rest. Been visiting Pattaya and Soi 6 for 20 years and never saw Soi 6 dead or dying. I have no clue as to the profitabilty of the bars, but all over Pattaya and elsewhere, bars do come and go and there are ownership changes. Just because venues were being mismanaged into losing money doesn't mean they were dead. Soi 6 was doing just fine for me as a customer every year I've been there.

Nothing wrong that some people realized they could do better financially by turning the street into open drinking bars. If they can get people to buy man-drinks for managers and have customers pay to ring the bell remotely from home in another country, all the more power to them.

I still visit Soi 6 regularly when I'm in town and although I prefered it when it was all closed bars, the ladies tended to show up for work earlier, weren't tied up with customers gettting them drunk on shots, and generally performed better, I still have fun. I really don't care who the bar's owners are or if a beer or ST room costs a little more in one place than another. With so few attractive ladies on the soi anyway these days, best not to limit one's options. Things change and will continue the change. I do what makes me happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_wimpy
14 minutes ago, likeaking said:

Does this mean I can now call out the Pattaya News, which Mrs. Lamook runs, for their coverage of the killing in Ruby Club, one of Nightwish's bars? The Pattaya News should have at least made known their connection with the Ruby Club. Any legit newspaper would have recused themselves. IMO Or will this post be deleted and me disciplined? What ever happens to this post, if anything, will help clear up who owns the forum. Inquiring minds want to know.

Love tongue twisters?  I’m not even arsed who owns it, but it’s funny to see people getting their knickers in a twist when they think they’re in the know.  Why does it matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
1 hour ago, likeaking said:

Does this mean I can now call out the Pattaya News, which Mrs. Lamook runs, for their coverage of the killing in Ruby Club, one of Nightwish's bars? The Pattaya News should have at least made known their connection with the Ruby Club. Any legit newspaper would have recused themselves. IMO Or will this post be deleted and me disciplined? What ever happens to this post, if anything, will help clear up who owns the forum. Inquiring minds want to know.

Did they own the news business at that time or did someone else.

Are you sure they owned Ruby Club at that time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LuvThaiPussy
1 hour ago, Harry Brown said:

Are you sure they owned Ruby Club at that time?

Or ever? :Laugh1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.