mrman348

Nightwish taking over

mrman348

I always knew that Nightwish Group owned a few bars in Soi 6,  but it was only when I started looking at the photos posted in here that I started to notice that lots of other bars has Nightwish Group on the bottom of their photos.

I quick search and I discover that the currently own 20 bars in Soi 6 and another 5 in other areas. !!!!

Wow they must be doing something right. 

I'm not saying it is necessarily a bad thing, because some of their bars are also some of my favourites, but what happened to all the competition?

How long do you recon before they own every bar in Soi 6?

fostraswift

Nightwish Group  has made Soi 6 more popular IMO

a good thing

still plenty of school Soi 6 bars left:D

Crushed

Hopefully that doesn't happen.  I like a lot of their bars but seeing the same crop top in every bar would be more boring but maybe less confusing than it is now.

Lok Jit

The Owner is Far more clever then the Average Falang by Far..

southsidebruce
4 minutes ago, Lok Jit said:

The Owner is Far more clever then the Average Falang by Far..

Some say he is a most stable real man of genius... 

stubby

Indeed my father told me a long time ago if you want to make real money you need investors after all we live in a capitalistic system.

WhiteThai

In the end, it will be Amazon owning the western world, and Nightwish owning Pattaya .:Oops3:

Jeckson25
1 hour ago, Joey_J said:

Lack of competition = Higher prices

Capitalism 101

Adam Smith would be turning in his grave. Lack of competition is not a goal of capitalism but I guess the statement is still true capitalism 101. The nightwish group wouldn't want a failing market I reckon as it would be cutting into profits. They are a inventive group and found a way to make things work. 

Scuba+

Soi 6 is empty of customers when i go down there around 3pm, does it get busier later? or is it a myth bars there are doing well

Joey_J
1 minute ago, Scuba+ said:

Soi 6 is empty of customers when i go down there around 3pm, does it get busier later? or is it a myth bars there are doing well

Prime time is 5pm to 9pm

Joey_J
4 hours ago, Jeckson25 said:

Adam Smith would be turning in his grave. Lack of competition is not a goal of capitalism but I guess the statement is still true capitalism 101. The nightwish group wouldn't want a failing market I reckon as it would be cutting into profits. They are a inventive group and found a way to make things work. 

The underlined is the EXACT public relations logic offered to American flyers when the United States went from 9 major airlines to 4.

Shaygate
16 hours ago, mrman348 said:

Wow they must be doing something right

You do realise that they own and run this forum too? 

mrfixer

Personally I wouldn't want nearly all my business in one location. I think a lot of Sois off Beach Road will be redeveloped in the next few years...

Crushed
36 minutes ago, mrfixer said:

Personally I wouldn't want nearly all my business in one location. I think a lot of Sois off Beach Road will be redeveloped in the next few years...

The Nightwish group are also on Soi Chaiyapoon and there's some involvement with the Soi Bongkot Gentlemen's club so it's further spread than the single soi though that is definitely the most visible.  

Edited by Crushed

FarangKiNok
11 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Plenty of TGs and at 0.10 seconds "mister,  very nice suit for you "

SirL
2 hours ago, Shaygate said:

No they don't.

Timtong
18 hours ago, Joey_J said:

Lack of competition = Higher prices

Capitalism 101

thats why i wont go NW bars anymore. 

mrfixer
2 hours ago, Crushed said:

The Nightwish group are also on Soi Chaiyapoon and there's some involvement with the Soi Bongkot Gentlemen's club so it's further spread than the single soi though that is definitely the most visible.  

That's why I said "*nearly* all in one location".

BlooBell

Their business model clearly works as is evidenced by their growth. I think that has to be applauded, whether you like what they’re doing or not. 

I Just worry that the coinciding change to Soi 6 i.e. it becoming more about drinking and parties and the commercial feel of it isn’t replicated in other parts of town as their expansion continues. 

I won’t visit their bars on the Poon for example, because I don’t want them there. 

I’m probably pissing in the wind and it won’t make a blind but of difference to them but there’s no point in holding a view and not supporting it with your actions. 

Scuba+
Their business model clearly works as is evidenced by their growth. I think that has to be applauded, whether you like what they’re doing or not. 
I Just worry that the coinciding change to Soi 6 i.e. it becoming more about drinking and parties and the commercial feel of it isn’t replicated in other parts of town as their expansion continues. 
I won’t visit their bars on the Poon for example, because I don’t want them there. 
I’m probably pissing in the wind and it won’t make a blind but of difference to them but there’s no point in holding a view and not supporting it with your actions. 

Their bars on Pothole are very quiet and have been for months, but the girls there are average at best. Maybe if better girls then more customers? or maybe they realise it will make no difference to customers wanting to go there

SirL
13 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Their bars on Pothole are very quiet and have been for months, but the girls there are average at best. Maybe if better girls then more customers? or maybe they realise it will make no difference to customers wanting to go there

Exactly the same could be said of their bars on soi Bongkot.

likeaking
6 hours ago, Shaygate said:

3 hours ago, SirL said:

No they don't.

Care to elaborate, SirL? I also understand that the owner of Nightwish Group also owns this forum.

Edited by likeaking

mrman348
Care to elaborate, SirL? I also understand that the owner of Nightwish Group also owns this forum.

If that is true, then congratulations to Nightwish on adding an excellent forum to their portfolio.