Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Crushed

Ch-Ch-Changes

Crushed

Here's some changes I noticed from my July/August bus.  

Pic 1.  The bus to Ekamai after hotel check-out.  The queue is made up of mostly Indians, Chinese and Japanese.

Pic 2.  Hopefully, good riddance to the McDonald's near the back of Soi6.

Pic 3.  Changing monger population demographics: I found the broken English communication between pink polo shirt and short denim shorts interesting but didn't stick around to hear all of their early morning conversation.

Pic 4-6. Changes to the area in front of the Pattaya Tai Big C.  Around a year ago (or was it two?) there was a night market with fairground attractions and a tawandang.  What exactly is Milk Club?

IMG_20190827_123938.jpg

IMG_20190825_164945.jpg

IMG_20190819_082244.jpg

IMG_20190818_135752.jpg

IMG_20190818_135759.jpg

IMG_20190818_135934.jpg

chippysam

Milk looks like a Thai nightclub about to open 

chippysam

On FB some nice looking girls there

Crushed
7 minutes ago, chippysam said:

On FB some nice looking girls there

Found it.  It appears the grand opening was August 9.

misteregg

I remember that McDonalds being built.

Crushed
8 hours ago, misteregg said:

I remember that McDonalds being built.

How long ago was that?  I remember the one on the Beach Road side being built.  If my memory serves me right there is another one a little further along very close to Central Marina but a little hidden from view.

Taa_Saparot
6 hours ago, Crushed said:

How long ago was that?

My guess would be around 2008.

misteregg
How long ago was that?  I remember the one on the Beach Road side being built.  If my memory serves me right there is another one a little further along very close to Central Marina but a little hidden from view.

It was between 2006-2008, can’t remember exactly.

AsianMPLover

This is what I love the most about SE Asia. The cities constantly evolve and big changes happens fast. I grew up in Northern Europe where municipality planning regulations, planning permits and appealing neighbors ensures status quo is maintained.

In Thailand new development happens fast. It's like the cities are on steroids.

Luckily some things never change. Every year there is a new supply of smiling lassies ready to continue the proud tradition of no money, no honey.

Crushed
12 hours ago, AsianMPLover said:

This is what I love the most about SE Asia. The cities constantly evolve and big changes happens fast. I grew up in Northern Europe where municipality planning regulations, planning permits and appealing neighbors ensures status quo is maintained.

In Thailand new development happens fast. It's like the cities are on steroids.

That's not only Thailand but applies to a lot of Asia.

A recent development I noticed (it must have happened within the last six months) but didn't photograph because it looks ugly is the corrugated fence around what was an open restaurant area roughly midway between Soi 6 and Pattaya Klang.  All the restaurants have gone and I'm guessing there will be another hotel in the area but I really hope it is something else.