Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel of choice in Bangkok and why

tobeornottobe

2 hours ago, slalom said:

S.M. Dynasty Grande Soi 4?

Sure you don't mean S.M. Suites on soi 4 next to Dawin and Dynasty Grande on Soi 6?

Mistakenly I got the names of the hotel mixed up

This one next to the Dawin.

S M Grande Residence.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.55.08 am.png

On 12/09/2019 at 20:45, Jake.houston said:

Sofitel.

It is next to Thermae.

Middle locale for both Cowboy and Nana.

Great food choices.

Solid rooms and amenities all around.

Back entry straight into the elevators. 

Quiet overall.

How does sofitel compare to the lsndmark.  How far is the landmark from thermae. 

43 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

How does sofitel compare to the lsndmark.  How far is the landmark from thermae. 

600 meters according to Google Maps.

4 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I’ve never stayed at Landmark. Sheratons, Hiltons, Conrad, S15, and Sofitel have been my only BKK hotels.

• 2 months later...

I like dream hotel.It’s not really a 5 star but I like to walk so the central location is nice. Thermae back door is only steps away and almost exactly halfway between nana and cowboy

• 1 month later...
On 12/09/2019 at 02:41, zeke said:

Stayed there last week. Location was good but hotel itself is a bit run down. Could not get a late check out so booked one night across the road at Citrus Soi 6 and this was a much better hotel

I stayed at The Citrus Soi 6 about a month ago and loved it. Great big room, rooftop pool, good breakfast choices included. I would stay here every time I'm in Bangkok.

Budget Majestic Suites - great location, ok rooms, great price

Budget Premium Travelodge - New hotel, ok location

Been to others but these two are worth it 

Edited by Dusk911

Ibis styles or even Ibis soi4 nana is also good. I stayed there and it is super convenient and guest friendly. Only thing with Majestic suit is they offer a limited options for breakfast. If you are not crazy for good breakfast, Majestic suites is also a good option as mentioned above.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

On 12/09/2019 at 19:33, Harry Brown said:

S.M. Dynasty Grande Soi 4  last two times they had a deal 1500 per night.

also Dynasty Inn, soi 4.

why? because  it's right next to Nana Plaza so no transport necessary. Get a rear facing room for 1,500

• Like 2

It's either the Hilton at Sukhumvit 24 or the DoubleTree at Sukhumvit 26 for me
Everything is around within a 5 minutes walk: restaurants, regular massage shops, naughty massage shops, 7Eleven, big shopping malls, BTS.
Both hotels are gf
Though usually I don't go to NEP or Soi Cowboy, I don't bother with proximity to these venues. Just let the freelancer come to my room.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T815 mit Tapatalk

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

I usually cash out annual free night certificates in Bangkok at US-based hotel chains. That has included the Grand Hyatt, Renaissance, InterContinental and the Hyatt Regency (but my plans for that trip changed and I was only there for one abbreviated night).

In about 2 weeks, I’ll cash out 2 free Marriott nights at the St. Regis (bastards KILLED me when the Pattaya Marriott became the Avani!).

All are conveniently located, with relatively easy access to Nana and Cowboy via BTS, and either CentralWorld or Terminal 21. St. Regis appears to have relatively easy access to Patpong, so I may check it out this trip.

My trips are relatively short, and I like to stay somewhere very nice. Bangkok has some FANTASTIC hotels for a fraction of what similar properties cost elsewhere.

I think I might be spending more time in Bangkok on future trips. I keep thinking I will do it, but have not yet; however, my November trip may be an opportune time to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve stayed at Landmark (approx. $80/night) which was my favorite until I stayed at the new-ish Marriott Marquis ($125/night) on 22. Great hotel and dare I say the best breakfast buffet I’ve had at a hotel in BKK but maybe not for the budget conscious traveler.

Also liked the Holiday Inn ($75/night) on 22, still nice and the lobby set up is preferred for bringing in a guest IMHO.

22 is massage central and some of the beer bars at Queens Park were fun to hang and shoot pool but expensive quotes for LT from the few gems there and I hear it’s days are numbered (if not already gone by now?).

I like a good 4 star + when I’m traveling —as when I stayed in places like Boss Suites ($35/night?) down off 4 (1 night after returning from Patts), I won’t be doing that again...

I’ll pay the money going forward...just my 2 baht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynasty Inn, soi 4. Sukhumvit. Perfect location for all you need. In the heart of the action but still quiet. Has a nice front area that you can chill/people watch from but still in the hotel grounds so don't get hassled too much at all. Half of the hotel rooms are new. Good size rooms, clean and very guest friendly, western food, i have stayed here twice and will stay again. 

Nana hotel is 100 metres up from this hotel and i like that too with it's worn feel about it......

Around Sukhumvit, I've stayed at Landmark, Adelpi Suites and Grand Swiss.  All were good and guest friendly, with the Grand Swiss being a bit cheaper than the other two.

Close to Patpong, the Tarntawan is a great hotel for the money and guest friendly.  My only gripe is that they still have the old mechanical keys and not electronic key cards.  When partying in Patpong, I like to stay closeby to avoid getting a taxi back to Sukhumvit and risk being stopped at one of the checkpoints that the BoB have between the two.

I fancy trying the Majestic Suites, but it seems a bit noisy being right on Sukhumvit.

• 9 months later...

I've stayed in a few of those mentioned already.

Adelphi Suites is good, close to BTS and easy to get around from there. Not far from Soi 11 nightlife also.

Citypoint hotel at Asoke is quite good. Fairly basic room but has a really good shower. Walking distance to Soi Cowboy and there is/was a cracking little massage shop along the bottom of the street it's in. Cost about 2000 a night. BG friendly also. Very close to Asoke BTS.

On8 as mentioned previously is not too bad as well. I'd recommend any of these.

Rembrandt hotel and Suites is also pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Maybe a little bit late, but this is my experience in BKK:

- Golden Tulip Madinson Suites: I repeated in this hotel many times. Basically, if it's on my range price, I'm always chosing it. Reasons: It's not really on Sukhumvit, but it's 10 minutes walk to Asok. Going from hotel to Asok, it's never a problem since they have a tuktuk to give you a lift. To come back by night I usually got a cab (or a Grab) with a Lady and in the daytime, I don't mind to walk a little. Reception is on 4th floor, but there is a lift from the street and bellboys are never asking who is coming with you. Breakfast if very good, and the pool is never very crowded. Standard rooms are good, enough space, and since I'm a quite good client, I'm very often upgraded to a bigger room or even to a junior suite. 

- Citadines Sukhumvit 8: Good location, very close to Soi 4. It's at the end of the soi (like the Golden Tulip), but they also have a tuktuk service to drop you in Sukhumvit. Rooms ara quite big, suite style, with kitchen. Bathroom it's a little bit aged. The swimming pool is a little bit small. Ok for a refreshing bath, but not suited to swim. Washing machines & dryers close to the swimming pool. I saw that they are using it as a ASQ hotel now for quarantines. I didn't see the prices, but not a bad option as the rooms are quite big. No questions in reception when you're coming back with a lady.

- Westin: I took a very good offer. It was my first time in Bkk, but usually, I won't spent that much for a hotel in Bkk. It was very good, big rooms, awesome breakfast and also no questions with ladies, it's a very big place, lots of people, so nobody is watching who is arriving and with whom.

- Travelodge Soi 11: I've been there when they opened it and it was very cheap. Very good location at the end of Soi 11 and 2 minutes walk from Insanity. It's like the rest of the Travelodges around the world, same small rooms, same decoration. No fees when you're coming back with a lady, but they ask them to leave the passport at the front desk. Good Swimming pool on the roof. I'd only repeat if I can find a room under 40 €, if it's more expensive, I think there are better options.

- Le Fenix: I've been there once, it's at the end of Soi 11, like the Travelogde, but on the other side. I booked there because I was not planning to go to Bkk and I didn't find other option. The hotel is cheap, I arrived very early in the morning but they gave me the room anyway and service was good. On the other hand, room was shabby and aged. For sure it has seen better days. Reception is very small, on the first floor, but you can come with a lady and nobody cares. No swimming pool. I probably would not repeat.

- The Raweekanlaya: Not the hotel for mongering or nightlife purposes. I booked there because I was going to meet a GF and I would like a hotel out of the nightlife circuit. The hotel is boutique style, very good, with a pretty garden, and not expensive. As I said, not good if your plan is to go out by night to Sukhumvit because it's not close to the action and no metro stations nearby, but if you want to have some relaxed days alone (or with a GF) is very good IMO, and if you like Muay Thai, you have a 10 minutes walk to the Rajadamnerd Stadium.

Edited by jameshunt
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jameshunt said:

- The Raweekanlaya: Not the hotel for mongering or nightlife purposes. 

There are a massage Parlor and a Kapoo Club right on the other side of Chaya Phraya River. A taxi will get you there within 5 minutes.

If there's a will, there will be for sure a way too :P

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

• 1 month later...

J.W. Marriott: This was perfectly located for me, $100-$125/n pre-pandemic pricing. Not a great deal on points, but the cash price for a hotel on that level is difficult to beat. 

Novotel: if you don't care about status (or if you're European and your job pays for a ton of Accor group stays already): A little cheaper for less hotel ($80 - $100 pre-pandemic), great rooftop view, great food. I almost never eat a hotel in Bangkok since the city is one of the best culinary destinations in the world, but the Novotel impressed me even for Thai food. 

Aloft: I'm going to try this one for super cheap nights / award stays on a future trip. 

Four Points by Sheraton: Also on my list to try for cheap nights / award stays. 

St. Regis: On my list for a future free night redemption. I've also never seen Patapong, so if it survives the pandemic that might be worth doing, and it'd be good to branch out and see a different part of the city.

Mandarin Oriental: (Not a Marriott Bonvoy hotel.) On my list for a future stopover, maybe one night, with a friend who would really appreciate the history and architecture. This also looks like a great base for touristy stuff. 

50 minutes ago, jmukh said:

Novotel: if you don't care about status (or if you're European and your job pays for a ton of Accor group stays already): A little cheaper for less hotel ($80 - $100 pre-pandemic), great rooftop view, great food. I almost never eat a hotel in Bangkok since the city is one of the best culinary destinations in the world, but the Novotel impressed me even for Thai food. 

Which Novotel?  

On 31/01/2020 at 20:44, Bodazephyr said:

I fancy trying the Majestic Suites, but it seems a bit noisy being right on Sukhumvit.

Stayed there on my first visit to Thailand. Very cheap. Breakfast small but edible. Lovely staff. Had a room on the first floor overlooking Sukumvit but noise wasn't a problem (except being woken up one morning by screams of ecstasy from a nearby room which seemed to go on forever).

20 hours ago, jmukh said:

J.W. Marriott: This was perfectly located for me, $100-$125/n pre-pandemic pricing. Not a great deal on points, but the cash price for a hotel on that level is difficult to beat.

Which site did you get that price at?  The site I use was asking for around double that, pre-pandemic.  Any hassle bringing a guest back there?

19 hours ago, petemoss said:

Stayed there on my first visit to Thailand. Very cheap. Breakfast small but edible. Lovely staff. Had a room on the first floor overlooking Sukumvit but noise wasn't a problem (except being woken up one morning by screams of ecstasy from a nearby room which seemed to go on forever).

Thanks! By the time normal travel open up again, the choice of hotels might have greatly diminished.  I guess BKK will fare better than Pattaya in that respect, but might be a case of having to take what you can get for a while.