tobeornottobe

Hotel of choice in Bangkok and why

Harry Brown
2 hours ago, slalom said:

S.M. Dynasty Grande Soi 4?

Sure you don't mean S.M. Suites on soi 4 next to Dawin and Dynasty Grande on Soi 6?

Mistakenly I got the names of the hotel mixed up

This one next to the Dawin.

S M Grande Residence.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.55.08 am.png

tobeornottobe
On 12/09/2019 at 20:45, Jake.houston said:

Sofitel.

It is next to Thermae.

Middle locale for both Cowboy and Nana.

Great food choices.

Solid rooms and amenities all around.

Back entry straight into the elevators. 

Quiet overall.

How does sofitel compare to the lsndmark.  How far is the landmark from thermae. 

Tarpon
43 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

How does sofitel compare to the lsndmark.  How far is the landmark from thermae. 

600 meters according to Google Maps.

Jake.houston
4 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I’ve never stayed at Landmark. Sheratons, Hiltons, Conrad, S15, and Sofitel have been my only BKK hotels.

Downandup

Dynasty Inn - So close to Nana and cheap so more money for fucking.

Notlim

I like dream hotel.It’s not really a 5 star but I like to walk so the central location is nice. Thermae back door is only steps away and almost exactly halfway between nana and cowboy

iLoveit

Majestic suites - sukhumvit and soi 4. 

Great location and staff

stumbling distant from nana

fmojo
On 12/09/2019 at 02:41, zeke said:

Stayed there last week. Location was good but hotel itself is a bit run down. Could not get a late check out so booked one night across the road at Citrus Soi 6 and this was a much better hotel

I stayed at The Citrus Soi 6 about a month ago and loved it. Great big room, rooftop pool, good breakfast choices included. I would stay here every time I'm in Bangkok.

Dusk911

Budget Majestic Suites - great location, ok rooms, great price

Budget Premium Travelodge - New hotel, ok location

Been to others but these two are worth it 

Edited by Dusk911

travelbloggertb

Ibis styles or even Ibis soi4 nana is also good. I stayed there and it is super convenient and guest friendly. Only thing with Majestic suit is they offer a limited options for breakfast. If you are not crazy for good breakfast, Majestic suites is also a good option as mentioned above.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Kahoy
On 12/09/2019 at 19:33, Harry Brown said:

S.M. Dynasty Grande Soi 4  last two times they had a deal 1500 per night.

also Dynasty Inn, soi 4.

why? because  it's right next to Nana Plaza so no transport necessary. Get a rear facing room for 1,500

Zauberfee

It's either the Hilton at Sukhumvit 24 or the DoubleTree at Sukhumvit 26 for me
Everything is around within a 5 minutes walk: restaurants, regular massage shops, naughty massage shops, 7Eleven, big shopping malls, BTS.
Both hotels are gf
Though usually I don't go to NEP or Soi Cowboy, I don't bother with proximity to these venues. Just let the freelancer come to my room.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T815 mit Tapatalk

Luv2Phuket

I usually cash out annual free night certificates in Bangkok at US-based hotel chains. That has included the Grand Hyatt, Renaissance, InterContinental and the Hyatt Regency (but my plans for that trip changed and I was only there for one abbreviated night).

In about 2 weeks, I’ll cash out 2 free Marriott nights at the St. Regis (bastards KILLED me when the Pattaya Marriott became the Avani!).

All are conveniently located, with relatively easy access to Nana and Cowboy via BTS, and either CentralWorld or Terminal 21. St. Regis appears to have relatively easy access to Patpong, so I may check it out this trip.

My trips are relatively short, and I like to stay somewhere very nice. Bangkok has some FANTASTIC hotels for a fraction of what similar properties cost elsewhere.

I think I might be spending more time in Bangkok on future trips. I keep thinking I will do it, but have not yet; however, my November trip may be an opportune time to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnNewbie

I’ve stayed at Landmark (approx. $80/night) which was my favorite until I stayed at the new-ish Marriott Marquis ($125/night) on 22. Great hotel and dare I say the best breakfast buffet I’ve had at a hotel in BKK but maybe not for the budget conscious traveler.

Also liked the Holiday Inn ($75/night) on 22, still nice and the lobby set up is preferred for bringing in a guest IMHO.

22 is massage central and some of the beer bars at Queens Park were fun to hang and shoot pool but expensive quotes for LT from the few gems there and I hear it’s days are numbered (if not already gone by now?).

I like a good 4 star + when I’m traveling —as when I stayed in places like Boss Suites ($35/night?) down off 4 (1 night after returning from Patts), I won’t be doing that again...

I’ll pay the money going forward...just my 2 baht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redr00ster

Dynasty Inn, soi 4. Sukhumvit. Perfect location for all you need. In the heart of the action but still quiet. Has a nice front area that you can chill/people watch from but still in the hotel grounds so don't get hassled too much at all. Half of the hotel rooms are new. Good size rooms, clean and very guest friendly, western food, i have stayed here twice and will stay again. 

Nana hotel is 100 metres up from this hotel and i like that too with it's worn feel about it......

GeneralK

Ambassador Bangkok. Walking distance to Thermae, Nana, Cowboy, BTS

Bodazephyr

Around Sukhumvit, I've stayed at Landmark, Adelpi Suites and Grand Swiss.  All were good and guest friendly, with the Grand Swiss being a bit cheaper than the other two.

Close to Patpong, the Tarntawan is a great hotel for the money and guest friendly.  My only gripe is that they still have the old mechanical keys and not electronic key cards.  When partying in Patpong, I like to stay closeby to avoid getting a taxi back to Sukhumvit and risk being stopped at one of the checkpoints that the BoB have between the two.

I fancy trying the Majestic Suites, but it seems a bit noisy being right on Sukhumvit.