Taa_Saparot

Farang vlogger faces defamation charge

Barhop
17 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

Is this not him?  Taken start of august...

I took those pics at Sweet Hearts on Chaiyapoon...Namjoi and Tuk (who I was having a drink with) pointed him out...knew I had seen that slimy face previously!!!

BTW he HATED having my camera in his face...

fatjack1
6 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

The laws on defamation in the US and Thailand could not be more different.

For a start you have a constitutional right to free speech, which makes prosecution a very high bar to cross.

No lawyer here so I admit most is speculation.  But I Think here you need to show both damages AND intent.  I don't know.  Thailand obviously a different kettle of fish.  No sympathy for this guy.  Clearly not firing on all cylinders.

L.O.S Lyle

From what I hear, defamation is almost impossible to prosecute in the USA, especially if the plaintiff is rich and/or famous. I hear the opposite is true in Thailand, where losing face is a very serious matter.

Edited by L.O.S Lyle

electoff
On 10/09/2019 at 16:54, per anum said:

Excellent news! 

Hope the jobless bastard is locked up in the Bangkok Hilton and then buggered senseless!

Yeah but what do you really think?

mrfixer

I hate these guys filming etc - I'm not at all shy about what I do and often the wife is with me when we go in a bar or take a girl. I still regard it as an intrusion of privacy and would happily grab the camera of one of these nomarks and stamp on it!

GlennUK

How dare he imply that ladies in Massage shops offer sex! I mean how disgusting and surprising!

Does he not know that the police have conducted multiple in depth investigations and found no prostitutes in Pattaya even in the rumored hot spot of Soi 6.

Now if Thai police cannot find prostitutes in their own country what chance has an foreigner who cannot even speak the language and is not trained in detective work have to crack this????

It should of course be known that men come to Pattaya for the nature, the beach walks the cultural opportunities such as visiting temples and museums. Plus of course the chance to interact with the wonderful and charming Chinese and Indian tourists!

Captain Dave
3 hours ago, GlennUK said:

How dare he imply that ladies in Massage shops offer sex! I mean how disgusting and surprising!

Does he not know that the police have conducted multiple in depth investigations and found no prostitutes in Pattaya even in the rumored hot spot of Soi 6.

Now if Thai police cannot find prostitutes in their own country what chance has an foreigner who cannot even speak the language and is not trained in detective work have to crack this????

It should of course be known that men come to Pattaya for the nature, the beach walks the cultural opportunities such as visiting temples and museums. Plus of course the chance to interact with the wonderful and charming Chinese and Indian tourists!

While sex is available at many massage places, there are indeed places where it is not.

His naming of the business was stupid beyond belief.

JohnDoesPattaya
3 hours ago, GlennUK said:

Just FYI, you are defending an asshole who has in the past, in at least one of his videos, accused some random guy to be a pedophile, just for "fun" and views. Maybe you should reconsider if you really want to be on his side.

camhole
18 minutes ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Just FYI, you are defending an asshole who has in the past, in at least one of his videos, accused some random guy to be a pedophile, just for "fun" and views. Maybe you should reconsider if you really want to be on his side.

I believe the above poster was being sarcastic and not literal. At least that’s the way I read it. 

Showerbeersx

It reads totally sarcastic man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AsianMPLover

Oh, my goodness. Looks like Thailand Ric has gotten himself in to trouble again.

Last time it happened his youtube channel was bombarded with angry comments. But I guess the instant feedback loop from the audience is one of the benefits of online media. He better step up his game to avoid getting copyright strikes or take-down requests in bulk.

Being cut-off from his youtube revenue stream would really throw a spanner in the works, possibly to the point when those six months tours to Thailand would become a distant memory only.

Ranovertheborder

Nice to read some good news for a change, hope they bang the clown up. 

golden_boy
On 11/09/2019 at 12:03, Barhop said:

I took those pics at Sweet Hearts on Chaiyapoon...Namjoi and Tuk (who I was having a drink with) pointed him out...knew I had seen that slimy face previously!!!

BTW he HATED having my camera in his face...

The link didnt work?

Harry Brown
17 hours ago, camhole said:

I believe the above poster was being sarcastic and not literal. At least that’s the way I read it. 

16 hours ago, Showerbeersx said:

It reads totally sarcastic man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he's being sarcastic but in support of the dickhead "Thailand Ric on Tour"

He's sarcastically saying that all massage places offer sex , which of course they don't.

cheetzie

Defamation is a very serious issue in Thailand. It is so arrogant and myopic for these people to film, broadcast and make serious accusations about ordinary working Thais. Some of them think they are a cross between Alan Whicker and Louis Theroux when vlogging. At least he didn't hide his face from his vlogs unlike some of faceless stealth vloggers who cowardly film and broadcast people in Thailand and Pattaya. 

Greyhound

I like it  :)

popeyesretreat
On 09/09/2019 at 23:31, Taa_Saparot said:

https://www.77kaoded.com/content/820169

Farang vlogger faces defamation charge following video about Pattaya massage shop

11-407-1280x720.jpg

Thai police are hunting a foreign vlogger after he posted that tourists could get sex at a traditional Thai massage shop in Central Pattaya.

The owner of the shop has reported the matter to both the local police and the tech police.

She says she has been defamed and wants him arrested. 

The video was posted on YouTube where he has 18,000 subscribers. Since it was posted in July the clip and accompanying words have been viewed 6,547 times. 

The YouTuber says in the video that he is "on tour". 

S__9552006.jpg

Samang Jermpaen, 47, said she had been in business for 12 years. 

She said that claims about sex for sale on the premises were entirely false. She said that her staff are old and don't offer sex at her shop. 

The vlogger's claims are damaging to both her and other businesses in Pattaya and Bangkok. 

On Saturday she went to the Pattaya police first then was directed to the computer crime police. 

Pol Col Siriwat Deephor of the computer crime division said that his department are working with Pattaya police to track down the vlogger.

It is not known if he is still in Thailand at this time. 

https://youtu.be/8vI3cdYKZdE

I do not think she is too smart, she now invites the police to study her shop and if there is any sex happening then she will lose more then her reputation and might lose her business. So if it is 100% massage and no sex then she can report but if one of the girls is sucking cock even if she didn't know then oh well she brought the police in herself.

WalterA
On 11/09/2019 at 11:14, Captain Dave said:

Defamation is taken very seriously in Thailand.

Just as serious as motorcyclist must wear helmets? Just a bit more or just a bit less? 

gandt
1 hour ago, popeyesretreat said:

I do not think she is too smart, she now invites the police to study her shop and if there is any sex happening then she will lose more then her reputation and might lose her business. So if it is 100% massage and no sex then she can report but if one of the girls is sucking cock even if she didn't know then oh well she brought the police in herself.

If you don't think that the various police types there don't know what's going on your not informed. If a place has P4P and are not paying protection they soon will be. Just because  something is true  doesn't mean it's not defamatory under the Thai law. 

ausmagoo
11 hours ago, popeyesretreat said:

To me.....kudos to the lady concerned. 

You get these bloggers walking around and stating that they can film where they want and say what they want and nobody can do anything about it.

It appears that this lady has decided that she indeed is going to do something about it.....she is not going take that these wannabes can blatantly film and say what they like ...especially when it comes to affecting her business.

Old saying...… don't f##k with a Thais rice bowl.

cheers

popeyesretreat
On 18/09/2019 at 11:26, gandt said:

If you don't think that the various police types there don't know what's going on your not informed. If a place has P4P and are not paying protection they soon will be. Just because  something is true  doesn't mean it's not defamatory under the Thai law. 

So he would have a better case of defamatory case. if what he says is true the her calling him a liar that is a defamation case as she is lying. you do not make claims like that doesn't happen if you are not 100% positive. I would bet that there is a better chance of someone one day got a blow job in there, maybe even by the owner when she was younger.

It would be funny if she did have him charged and when he goes to court pulls out his camera and show then a movie where a girl is saying they don't do that here, but for a 1000 thb tip she will suck and fuck him if they are quiet so the owner don't know.

Harry Brown
9 hours ago, popeyesretreat said:

So he would have a better case of defamatory case. if what he says is true the her calling him a liar that is a defamation case as she is lying. you do not make claims like that doesn't happen if you are not 100% positive. I would bet that there is a better chance of someone one day got a blow job in there, maybe even by the owner when she was younger.

It would be funny if she did have him charged and when he goes to court pulls out his camera and show then a movie where a girl is saying they don't do that here, but for a 1000 thb tip she will suck and fuck him if they are quiet so the owner don't know.

You're just inventing nonsense now . Seems like your looking for any excuse to protect this creep. The topic is going sideways now . please stick to the topic.

piloter
2 hours ago, popeyesretreat said:

I think you're missing the point.   In Thailand you can't say bad things about a person online whether true or not.  If there were a trial the only question is whether his comments did damage to her reputation.  

A few years back vlogger Kev in Thailand got into trouble for saying some bad things about a few Thai ladies in one of his vlogs.    The ladies went after him and won.   Kev had to issue a public apology.  I suspect there was a cash settlement as well but no jail time.  Kev brought some high ranking Thai official in to vouch for him.  Kev even vlogged about it.

mgthom75
3 hours ago, popeyesretreat said:

if what he says is true the her calling him a liar that is a defamation case as she is lying. you do not make claims like that doesn't happen if you are not 100% positive.

Huh?  Idiots like him make false attention-grabbing claims all the time...it's called 'click bait'.   And if you know any of his history, you'll also know this isn't the first time he's made slanderous and unsubstantiated claims in his vlogs. 

Edited by mgthom75

regyai
5 hours ago, piloter said:

I think you're missing the point.   In Thailand you can't say bad things about a person online whether true or not.  If there were a trial the only question is whether his comments did damage to her reputation.  

^^^

THIS

Too much interjection here of ingrained litigious concepts from legal systems thousands of miles away from Thailand (and light years away in their ethos).

Get ripped off by a Thai chain store and subsequently roast them all over the internet (as would be your want back in the lands of ambulance chasers etc) and it's you whose head is in the metaphorical noose with Thai law.