Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

webDev

Girls who leave the profession mentally better than they entered

webDev

Tough profession and most girls probably leave with some baggage due to what they go through. Ignoring money concerns I'm curious if you guys know any girls actually left with some combination of an improved outlook on life, more positive personality, etc without also inheriting scheming, cheating or other negative traits along with it.

That would make for a cool story. One very uniquely Pattaya-esqe in its appeal. 

I bet there are a few girls who find their inner nympho and go on to become well rounded, sexually liberated women who can still hold down regular work. Not a lot but some.

Mr_wimpy

Sound like an undercover reporter, fishing for quotes, like Stacey Dooley :wacko:

Showerbeersx

Curious about bad experiences , i don’t read about girls getting murdered or the shit beat out of them really. Does it happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOPCHEF

I don’t think the girls ever really want to leave the profession .....they want to to gain respect from there family and village ....it’s so difficult for some to settle in different countries ...they don’t have a Thai network abroad ...they miss the friends and family back home to much .... 

They have had so many sexual partners and sexual experiences it is unnatural  for them to be just be with one boyfriend /husband ....because they will be thinking of there ex’s while you are having sex with them ....it’s so difficult for them to settle ....of course there are some that will be happy and content ....successful .....but not many.

They are also dependant on there partners income to support them...so that always causes pressure for the couple....especially if the girl goes a number of years without working ..

so all in all ....it’s not a easy ride for the ladies that leave there profession....and try to become a good girl ....

l

norton

The OP asked if there were girls that gained in mental well-being. A surprise and interesting question. Thank you. 

While not a high percentage to get out and be “whole” completely. I do know some who seem to have. And, no they don’t necessarily become sex nymphs for the rest of their life. It was a means to an end not love making and often not an orgasm. As they say “ I don’t fuck him, he fuck me”  

Basicly I see it as with many brutal environments that a person from another place volunteers to enter into: such as the far Northern regions, war zones etc. If you go there as a thoroughly strong person, the experience will make you stronger. Here’s were if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger Works - with a healthy by person. If they individual is weak minded, has issues within etc — the brutal environment (Pattaya, far Northern isolated places, war zones or severe poverty etc) will “fry them”, “chew them up and spit them out”. Or, more contemporarily saying - bring on a mental illness. 

Lots of girls get broken. Some are strong and learn how to win in this unforgiving occupation and environment, they save and build a house, put their kid through private school, and stay sound and sane. But, only because they entered strong, the same as any brutal environment.  

rope-a-dope
13 minutes ago, norton said:

no they don’t necessarily become sex nymphs for the rest of their life.

Well that is the final straw for me, no way I am marrying a bar girl now!

SteveB

Have known few that have been successful with them bagging rich guys with money. Which is great to see that they have done well for themselves and their family.

But then I have also seen the psychological effect of the others just destroying themselves with fake boobs & tattoos (sometimes) But know many that have more and more tattoos and piercings. And with age and their lifestyle looking worse for wear quickly.

Edited by SteveB

Explorer8939

The obvious answer would be those ladies who find the rich man of their dreams and live happily ever after.  Both of them.

WalterA
5 hours ago, webDev said:

Tough profession and most girls probably leave with some baggage due to what they go through. Ignoring money concerns I'm curious if you guys know any girls actually left with some combination of an improved outlook on life, more positive personality, etc without also inheriting scheming, cheating or other negative traits along with it.

That would make for a cool story. One very uniquely Pattaya-esqe in its appeal. 

I bet there are a few girls who find their inner nympho and go on to become well rounded, sexually liberated women who can still hold down regular work. Not a lot but some.

Problem with your statement .... sounds like western mentality - thinking .. 

5 hours ago, webDev said:

Tough profession and most girls probably leave with some baggage due to what they go through.

What is it they go through ... please tell me ....

you are looking at it through a western perspective, Thai mentality is different ..... can’t be bothered going through it all, I’ll leave it for another BM .... 

Edited by WalterA

Dalef65
1 hour ago, WalterA said:

you are looking at it through a western perspective, Thai mentality is different ..... can’t be bothered going through it all, I’ll leave it for another BM .... 

I will second this. He's putting a Western slant on stuff that happens in Thailand. Looking at things through his own eyes.

I agree,no point going through it. Leave him to it.

QuotaMan

Well, I'm sure some of them may have issues to deal with from working in that industry. In that line of sex work and in that type of environment it's not exactly the healthiest of things.

I remember a 19 year old girl I barfined seven years ago from Nana plaza. She clearly had a drinking problem at that young age and even her older sister who worked at Suzy Wong's was very concerned for her. I wonder whatever happened to that girl.

Just the very nature of the job means massive amounts of alchohol consumed on a nightly basis and working in smoke filled gogos and bars. Sometimes the money is good, sometimes it is not and it is not the most steady of income in general. 

Let's not forget some of the nasty pieces of work  aka monger that these women have to deal with everyday to get paid. 

All of that and other things surely must affect the mindset of some of these girls it is not always rosy.

Billyboy294

People sometimes say that the girls i post tend to look alike. That is probably because i like girls who look like students and some of them are.

They become sex workers to get the money to pay for their college fees.. Over the years i have seen quite a few who have finished college and go on to take a normal job.

Also i find that many of the girls from Buriram are familiar with the computer.

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Some genuine gals head to Patts on the lookout for a nice falang husband. While many/most are unsuccessful in their quest, there are some who succeed. I know of a few really contented gals and their husbands who are living happily ever after. 

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

christo570

I found one Canadian CBC documentary very informative and gives you some insight in the life. Everyone will react differently. I think the key is the amount pressure that they feel that they have to endure. If you are able to manage that, you can enjoy the benefits of supporting yourself and your family. Its a job. Some jobs can be fun and others can be soul crushing hellish places.

If you type in YouTube, CBC Bangkok Girl ,  you can watch a 42 minute doc. It is really great.

Scuba+

It's a good question. The girls i currently know are work in progress. I think if girls find someone to take care long term then that's success, back in farangland is a bigger winner as they might have better opportunities and meet better guys

webDev
6 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

The obvious answer would be those ladies who find the rich man of their dreams and live happily ever after.  Both of them.

I wonder how often that happens. Sincere question. Say the girl is taken out of her culture, peer group, develops a materialistic mindset, becomes bored at home, etc.

There's a lot of ways for a poor farm girl to still find misery living in a big house in a far away land with a man her father's age. 

This is also true for people in the same country who strike it rich by luck. They often can't cope and end up broke.

I think the best place for a person is only one level above where they started. So the girl stays in Udon or wherever, but has a house and instead of working on a farm like her peers, owns a local laundromat.

5 hours ago, WalterA said:

About a week ago a guy posted he wouldn't mind being a bar girl and was eviscerated for his callousness and naivity about just how bad the profession was.

I feel like we play hot potato with this topic. Thread talking about they're profession and how it really isn't so bad ---> "You lowlife! Shame!".  Another thread acknowledges their situation ---> "This is misplaced western thinking" 

FarangKiNok

Isn’t this a very West viewpoint? Sucking cock and letting farangs ejaculate inside them is a J-O-B, like working at Dell, Walmart or Caterpillar.

If she brings home the bacon she is crowned queen of the village.  PTSD is not a diagnosis in Issan.

FarangKiNok

Edited by FarangKiNok

RRosenberg

If they go to Pattaya with a plan and stick with it, most can probably leave relatively unscathed.

However most get "sucked into the lifestyle" and find it hard to leave. I know the feeling. If you've ever been in a situation where you are making quick fast money, it completely changes your mindset, hence why a lot of the girls become materialistic yet remain cash poor even with a high turnover of customers.

Another good place where this happens in Dubai. People head there in search of greener pastures. They all go with the "I'll only be here for X years" then they get sucked into the lifestyle and end up staying for years longer than they thought...and ultimately end up leaving in a worse financial situation then when they came.

Same with the girls in Pattaya. They all want a house back in the village by age X only some of them achieve that goal whilst the rest throw there money at clothes, partying, gold and so on and before they know it, they've benign Pattaya for 10 years and have nothing to show for it other than materialistic possessions that aren't worth anything of value (a good way of seeing this is if you ever get invited back to a Thai girls room/condo. It's full of clothes, shoes and bags...but she hasn't got 5,000baht to rub together).

kingofsurf

Lots of speculation by us clue-less farangs about the reality of Thai sex workers -- and what eventually happens to them.

It would very cool and informative if there was a Thai forum for sex workers, simliar to PA.

The ladies themselves could describe whether P4P helped them or destroyed them.

However, even if there was such a forum, us stupid farang cannot read Thai anyway.

LOTTELLEE WINNA
5 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

Isn’t this a very West viewpoint? Sucking cock and letting farangs ejaculate inside them is a J-O-B, like working at Dell, Walmart or Caterpillar.

If she brings home the bacon she is crowned queen of the village.  PTSD is not a diagnosis in Issan.

Actually she isn’t ‘crowned Queen of the village’. Those who she treats well (family and friends) will certainly be grateful, but the ‘face’ she has gained by earning big money, will be to some extent negated by how she has earned it. 

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

vimto66
15 hours ago, Showerbeersx said:

Curious about bad experiences , i don’t read about girls getting murdered or the shit beat out of them really. Does it happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im quite sure some girls have had bad experiences with some of the low lifes who come here.

WalterA
6 hours ago, webDev said:

I feel like we play hot potato with this topic. Thread talking about they're profession and how it really isn't so bad ---> "You lowlife! Shame!".  Another thread acknowledges their situation ---> "This is misplaced western thinking" 

I don’t know about the other thread , you might be correct .... it’s a case by case scenario, but I know from the way you’ve written it up .... definitely a case of misplaced western thinking ....

Justaguy1954
13 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

Are these the "Brown Widows" or is that a different group of Thai girls?

Dalef65
14 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

Come on man.... There's at least three..:Clap:

You slipped that one in under the radar didn't you..!!