Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Luv2Phuket

World's Longest Flights (2019)

Luv2Phuket

Here is the current list of the World's longest non-stop flights (by distance):

1. Newark to Singapore / Singapore / 9,534 miles / Airbus A350-900ULR
  2. Auckland to Doha / Qatar / 9,032 miles / Boeing 777-200LR
  3. Perth to London / Qantas / 9,010 miles / Boeing 787-9
  4. Auckland to Dubai / Emirates / 8,824 miles / Airbus A380
  5. Los Angeles to Singapore / Singapore / 8,770 miles / Airbus A350-900ULR
  6. Houston to Sydney / United / 8,596 miles / Boeing 787-9
  7. Dallas to Sydney / Qantas / 8,578 miles / Airbus A380
  8. New York to Manila / Philippine Airlines / 8,520 miles / Airbus A350-900
  9. San Francisco to Singapore / Singapore & United / 8,446 miles / Airbus A350-900 & Boeing 787-9
  10. Johannesburg to Atlanta / Delta / 8,439 miles / Boeing 777-200LR
  11. Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles / Etihad / 8,390 miles / Boeing 777-300ER
  12. Dubai to Los Angeles / Emirates / 8,339 miles / Airbus A380
  13. Jeddah to Los Angeles/ Saudia / 8,332 miles / Boeing 777-300ER
  14. Doha to Los Angeles / Qatar / 8,306 miles / Boeing 777-200LR
  15. Toronto to Manila / Philippine Airlines / 8,221 miles / Airbus A350-900

I have flown #5 (and will fly it again in just over 2 months) and #14.  

If Thai (or any other airline) ever starts non-stops from BKK to the USA, I am guessing that it would crack this list.

Vietnam Airlines is rumored to be working on non-stop service to the USA. so that is a possibility to join this list.

Singapore's non-stop to Seattle will be shorter than it's service to LAX and SFO.

Anybody flown -- or scheduled to fly -- any of these routes?

ctp2018

Getting ready to book #9 in business class on through to Bangkok. Any tips/recommendations?

javasumatra

We’re doing #1 (be it in the opposite direction) on December 2nd.

BlooBell

That Emirates Auckland to Dubai flight stops and collects passengers in Sydney and BKK. At least some of them do. I've got on it a few times at BKK coming home. 

It's already the 4th longest distance wise, so with the two (min 90 mins?) stops, the full journey time must be huge.

What a ball ache that sounds.

javasumatra
1 hour ago, ctp2018 said:

Getting ready to book #9 in business class on through to Bangkok. Any tips/recommendations?

EVA

ben nevis

I do not think my backside could take that in economy.

deano4598

Brisbane to Bangkok, 8 hours 45 minutes, seems like an eternity.

gandt
9 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

I took the Thai Air LAX-BKK. 18 hours with a 24 hour delay.  Discontinued now. Brutal coming from middle Canada. About 60 hours to get to Pattaya.

per anum

I was under the impression that Qantas had launched a Sidney-London non-stop flight.......perhaps I am mistaken!

Explorer8939

I have done San Francisco to Singapore. It left at night, so I slept for 8 hours, woke up and still had 8 hours of flight left.

However, the longest flight is any flight leaving Thailand for the Real World.

The Danimal
11 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Here is the current list of the World's longest non-stop flights (by distance):

1. Los Angeles to Singapore / Singapore / 8,770 miles / Airbus A350-900ULR
  2. San Francisco to Singapore / Singapore & United / 8,446 miles / Airbus A350-900 & Boeing 787-9
  3. Johannesburg to Atlanta / Delta / 8,439 miles / Boeing 777-200LR
  4. Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles / Etihad / 8,390 miles / Boeing 777-300ER

Flown all of these...odd how LA to SING is 300++ miles farther than SFO to SING...need to teach these boys a more direct route.

Luv2Phuket...I am guessing that you might fly as much as I do...at some point it is not a big deal to fly 20-26 hours or so....you get through it...trust me when I say any of these long flights suck even worse (include JFK to Johannesburg and Newark to Mumbai) when they are to Joburg or Mumbai...I tell my friends to liken it to sitting in your chair at work in front of your computer for two straight days...and with people sitting on at least one side of you...THE ENTIRE TIME

chris2004
5 hours ago, deano4598 said:

Not too bad if it's a night flight. Get on, eat, sleep 7 hours, eat. You're there.

Queef_Sniffer

I’m going to try to fly #1, but it’s so damn expensive!  Besides, Singapore airlines fucked up. Instead of flying from Newark, they should have flown out of JFK. 

Maybe one day though, they might have the only real non-stop flight that’ll mean a shit to me.... JFK-UTP. 

Luv2Phuket
2 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Flown all of these...odd how LA to SING is 300++ miles farther than SFO to SING...need to teach these boys a more direct route.

Luv2Phuket...I am guessing that you might fly as much as I do...at some point it is not a big deal to fly 20-26 hours or so....you get through it...trust me when I say any of these long flights suck even worse (include JFK to Johannesburg and Newark to Mumbai) when they are to Joburg or Mumbai...I tell my friends to liken it to sitting in your chair at work in front of your computer for two straight days...and with people sitting on at least one side of you...THE ENTIRE TIME

For me, once I'm in my seat, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between an 11 or 12 hour flight and a 16+ hour flight.   I've gone across the Pacific so much that a cross-country flight to from LAX to JFK is a piece of cake!  5555

I have trouble sleeping on planes (even in lie flat seats), so I watch a LOT of movies and eat....and eat!  5555  Unfortunately, the airline makes out well on the free booze with me, because I don't drink.

2 hours ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

I’m going to try to fly #1, but it’s so damn expensive!  Besides, Singapore airlines fucked up. Instead of flying from Newark, they should have flown out of JFK. 

Maybe one day though, they might have the only real non-stop flight that’ll mean a shit to me.... JFK-UTP. 

That's an interesting take - most people advise me that flying into Newark is much easier than JFK.  I always go JFK, because I am an American Airlines whore.

Along those lines, I think a primary reason for Singapore to choose Newark may have been their membership in Star Alliance.  Newark is a huge United hub, so Singapore passengers can connect to just about anywhere United flies fairly easily there.

ninjaboy28

I have done the #1 Newark to singapore 2 times now -with a quick connection to bkk -for me it's the way to go. Singapore airport is big and nice.

Flights were on time- I paid $1500 first time around and then $1300 2nd. Seats are good but not great in the premium economy, good enough to sleep thou.

really good screen and entertainment system. I was going to rebook again for this feb2020 -but I came across  united air to bkk for $637 and you can't beat that price.

thinkingallowed
1 hour ago, ninjaboy28 said:

I have done the #1 Newark to singapore 2 times now -with a quick connection to bkk -for me it's the way to go. Singapore airport is big and nice.

Singapore Airlines are rather nice to fly with, whatever the class. Never flew on such a long flight but in my efforts to avoid United et al while working in Houston I did IAH - SIN via Moscow on my way to BKK. Approximately 24 hrs in the same seat but with about an hour stop to stretch ones legs and get a quick vodka on the way*.

Looked earlier and the flight doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

*Didn’t actually have any currency they’d accept over the bar and felt a little paranoid about throwing my cards about in Moscow. Turns out that the guy who I’d sat next to all the way from Houston was right besides me and bought me my vodka. Lovely guy and of course I got the next round in when we took off again. 

Luv2Phuket
2 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Singapore Airlines are rather nice to fly with, whatever the class. Never flew on such a long flight but in my efforts to avoid United et al while working in Houston I did IAH - SIN via Moscow on my way to BKK. Approximately 24 hrs in the same seat but with about an hour stop to stretch ones legs and get a quick vodka on the way*.

Looked earlier and the flight doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

*Didn’t actually have any currency they’d accept over the bar and felt a little paranoid about throwing my cards about in Moscow. Turns out that the guy who I’d sat next to all the way from Houston was right besides me and bought me my vodka. Lovely guy and of course I got the next round in when we took off again. 

Reminds me of a GREAT story from a friend - had a flight on a Russian airline (I think) to somewhere in Russia years ago, and they were diverted due to weather.  Landed at some small airport with no facilities to process immigration, so they had to sit on the plane on the tarmac.

Pilot claimed that they didn't have enough fuel to get back to wherever they were going, and the airline had no arrangement with the local airport for fuel.....so they literally went up and down the aisle of the plane, "passing the hat" and trying to get money to buy the fuel for the next leg! 

We both place the odds that the pilot pocketed the cash at about 95%!  55555

LeoTex

I don't think I could take much more than the 14 1/2 hours for my 2nd leg of 3 legs on a plane from Atlanta to Seoul.

LeoTex

Queef_Sniffer
4 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Reminds me of a GREAT story from a friend - had a flight on a Russian airline (I think) to somewhere in Russia years ago, and they were diverted due to weather.  Landed at some small airport with no facilities to process immigration, so they had to sit on the plane on the tarmac.

Pilot claimed that they didn't have enough fuel to get back to wherever they were going, and the airline had no arrangement with the local airport for fuel.....so they literally went up and down the aisle of the plane, "passing the hat" and trying to get money to buy the fuel for the next leg! 

We both place the odds that the pilot pocketed the cash at about 95%!  55555

You have got to be shitting me!  Did the passengers get their money back later?

Dr No
23 hours ago, per anum said:

I was under the impression that Qantas had launched a Sidney-London non-stop flight.......perhaps I am mistaken!

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure they already do this. 

There was a news report last month about Qantas testing a SYD - NY route which I think may well be the new #1 longest if they implement it. 

Dr No
On 10/09/2019 at 08:36, deano4598 said:

Soft mate, very soft. :Laugh1:

javasumatra
5 minutes ago, Dr No said:

There was a news report last month about Qantas testing a SYD - NY route which I think may well be the new #1 longest if they implement it. 

Perth London is operating now. Sydney - London and Sydney - New York should launch in 2022 but they haven’t even bought the aircraft yet.

per anum
16 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Not Yet it seems.........but inevitable! 

On 25 August 2017, Qantas announced "Project Sunrise", announcing their plans to fly non-stop from the East Coast of Australia (including Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane) to London, Paris and New York City by 2022 and challenged Boeing and Airbus to create aircraft that can travel to such places without stopping.[15]

Qantas will issue a request for proposal in 2019 for an over 300 seat aircraft in four classes, to be delivered from 2022.[16]

deano4598
1 hour ago, Dr No said:

Soft mate, very soft. :Laugh1:

I'm a softie at heart Dr No, as you know.

Luv2Phuket
You have got to be shitting me!  Did the passengers get their money back later?

Not a penny! 5555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk