Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

helgi

Decline of number of GoGo Bars ?

helgi

Occasionally I am visiting the website http://www.pattayagogos.com which provides news and reviews of GoGo bars.

Out of curiosity I clicked on their archive. In 2013 they mentioned a Gogo count of 88, today only 75. Do you think this is an ongoing trend ?
Or do we just have a few less but in the average more larger GoGos with the same total number of GoGo girls ?  

Dalef65

Simple numbers won't tell you much at all.

In 2013 how many of the Gogo bars were perpetually empty every night.?

Just as an example, Smile Rock Agogo has gone, but it was in existence in 2013. It could be argued that place needed to close down.

Hamchang

Probably better to have less, of higher quality, no? 

Edited by Hamchang

dead78

If I remember rightly there was  point when the powers that be put a limit on Gogo bars, i.e. they stopped granting to licenses for gogos, so some which were illegally converted beer bars were forced to go back to being beer bars. There definitely is not an expansion of gogos but I'm sure 75 is enough. 5 a night and you still couldn't visit everyone in Two weeks.

helgi
26 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

This is true. But I have the impression, that years ago 

- the look of the GoGo bargirls were more about the average than it is today
- the GoGo bars provide more diversity. Today most of the GoGo bars look very similar.
- more GoGo bars opened in the afternoon ( 3 or 4 on LK Metro / 5 or 6 on Walking Street ) . Today there is only the TQ and the ones on 13/1 and 13/2
- the prices in GoGo Bar ( Barfine, ST / LT, Drinks) were not that much higher than prices at other places. Today the GoGo surcharge is much higher .
- girls were more eager to be barfined. Today they prioritize to maximize the number of lady drinks.

Don't get me wrong. I still like to go in GoGo bars. But for me they lost a little bit of their former attraction. Maybe I only got to much used to it. I don't know :Dunno1:  

Edited by helgi

Hamchang
15 minutes ago, helgi said:

This is true. But I have the impression, that years ago 

- the look of the GoGo bargirls were more about the average than it is today
- the GoGo bars provide more diversity. Today most of the GoGo bars look very similar.
- more GoGo bars opened in the afternoon ( 3 or 4 on LK Metro / 5 or 6 on Walking Street ) . Today there is only the TQ and the ones on 13/1 and 13/2
- the prices in GoGo Bar ( Barfine, ST / LT, Drinks) were not that much higher than prices at other places. Today the GoGo surcharge is much higher .
- girls were more eager to be barfined. Today they prioritize to maximize the number of lady drinks.

Don't get me wrong. I still like to go in GoGo bars. But for me they lost a little bit of their former attraction. Maybe I only got to much used to it. I don't know :Dunno1:  

Don't think I have ever bar fined out of a gogo bar in Pattaya. Caught quite a few girls from the social media etc but as you say, it's just not that much fun any more in the GOGO.. The Bangkok ones seem better but probably because there are less of them. 

scottiepatts

I also heard that the authorities were not granting licences so no more new go gos could open. Some rumour about Thailand trying to clean up Pattaya and make it more for families. 

WhiteThai
7 minutes ago, scottiepatts said:

Some rumour about Thailand trying to clean up Pattaya and make it more for families. 

I heard the same rumor............about 20 years ago. Must be true, because there are many families with children even, that go to Pattaya now. They didn't build terminal 21 to serve cheap meals to sex-pats, that's for sure.

scottiepatts
21 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

They didn't build terminal 21 to serve cheap meals to sex-pats, that's for sure.

They built terminal 21 for shopping ,they built kiss for cheap meals and gogos around the corner on lk for sex-pats.

WhiteThai
39 minutes ago, scottiepatts said:

They built terminal 21 for shopping ,they built kiss for cheap meals and gogos around the corner on lk for sex-pats.

Thanks for clearing that up.

fforest
1 hour ago, scottiepatts said:

I also heard that the authorities were not granting licences so no more new go gos could open. Some rumour about Thailand trying to clean up Pattaya and make it more for families. 

Maybe they want family friendly GoGo bars...

TobyG
5 hours ago, helgi said:

Occasionally I am visiting the website http://www.pattayagogos.com which provides news and reviews of GoGo bars.

Out of curiosity I clicked on their archive. In 2013 they mentioned a Gogo count of 88, today only 75. Do you think this is an ongoing trend ?
Or do we just have a few less but in the average more larger GoGos with the same total number of GoGo girls ?  

If you go back a couple of years further in the archive, you'll find times where there were mid 70's. The 88 was a bit of a short term peak. It's generally pretty stable between 75 and 80. Some close, others open. 

per anum

I suppose its natural selection.........the survival of the fittest!

Perhaps the GOGOs that shut down refused to give the girls free WIFI access?

striderman
3 hours ago, TobyG said:

Some close, others open. 

and sometimes they get absorbed into the 1 next to it. both private dancer (now club electric blue) and sapphire did just that to get more space

chris2004
13 hours ago, Hamchang said:

The problem is there are not. Much better a gogos 10 years ago. Now all the same plastic style with crap music.

Hamchang
46 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

The problem is there are not. Much better a gogos 10 years ago. Now all the same plastic style with crap music.

Symbolic of a saturated market place though that is. Everyone copies something that has been successful hoping for a free ride and with such competition and diminishing customer base, the people prepared to break loose of the trend and do something new is too great. However that would also potentially yield the biggest disruption  

WalterA
16 hours ago, helgi said:

What is affecting the quality of GoGos more than any other factor is that you have less independents now, there are three / four groups and they all belong to the same person(s) ....

French group, Beach group, etc ....

competition is good for the consumers, little or no competition, which is the way it’s going, is bad news ....

vimto66

If someone had asked me that question i`d have said theres more now than theres ever been, im obvously wrong but who cares, theres more than enough. 

Explorer8939
On 10/09/2019 at 10:50, chris2004 said:

I disagree. Gogos 10 years ago were lame. Not much nudity, not much hands on. More random Farang tourists who disapproved of any diddling.