Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi airport question...

PaulBurger

Does anyone know if there’s any restaurants / bars in the land side of the airport, ie: before you go through security and immigration.

Thanks  for any info chaps.

Yes, there are. Don’t know details as I’ve just walked past them on way to taxi so didn’t take much notice. Up the escalator from Arrivals - so I guess level 3.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

There are lots.

There's a food court type place on the lower level if you want cheap and cheerful. First floor next to entrance 8 and I think it's called magic food point.

Can't remember if it's level two or three and possibly both there's a great range of places to get food. Nothing particularly cheap but you should find something to suit.

Both available on 3rd floor. Food court one level up from basement.

................................................................................................................

there are some youtube videos showing what is available including the foodhall in the lower floor

• 3 months later...

Another Swampy question:

Security for domestic flights (terminals A and B) comes right by the gates. But there are lots of shops selling liquor just before Security, and none after Security.

So, how do you get your recently purchased liquor through Security?

Security-scan at Transit-Immigration always used to permit your litre-bottle of Duty-Free, purchased en-route to Thailand, through the scanner before your domestic-connection  ...  provided the receipt (with its current date) is visible inside the sealed-bag. 

I'd assume it's also good with the new pre-gate domestic-scan, if you're on separate-tickets, and clearing Immigration /Customs in BKK ? I've certainly taken Duty-Free bottles through, without any problem, when it was in the old location.

But you could also put the bottle into your hold-luggage, before re-checking-in for your domestic-flight, in that case ?

13 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

Security-scan at Transit-Immigration always used to permit your litre-bottle of Duty-Free, purchased en-route to Thailand, through the scanner before your domestic-connection  ...  provided the receipt (with its current date) is visible inside the sealed-bag. 

I'd assume it's also good with the new pre-gate domestic-scan, if you're on separate-tickets, and clearing Immigration /Customs in BKK ? I've certainly taken Duty-Free bottles through, without any problem, when it was in the old location.

But you could also put the bottle into your hold-luggage, before re-checking-in for your domestic-flight, in that case ?

There are other options as well. King Power has post-security pick up. You can buy from their Pattaya store and pick up inside BKK post-security as long as it's within 60 days. 

I'm also pretty sure some vendors can forward duty free directly to the air bridge (come to think of it, I don't recall if that's BKK or HKG, but you can ask). 

• Like 1