IGNORED

Trip coming up, hesitating between those 4 hotels

Rainville

Hi all! 

Coming for a 5 nights trip in Jan with a friend, it's his first time so I wanted a place well centered. I did the Hilton before but last time around felt like it was WAY too expensive for the service and the hotel showed huge sign of age. Very disappointing. 

Time for a change. 

Here's the short list:

Budget is between 50 and 100$ a night.

I'm looking for a nice room, modern or recently re-furbished, nice TV, and a bathroom with a walking shower. A bathtub and separate toilets would be a plus but not compulsory. 

Also a pool  but I could do without if needed. 

Of course guest friendly.

Which would you recommend?

Sorry if this is the 26th similar thread, I did my research but was curious about your comment when comparing them down.

Thanks a ton!

5 minutes ago, Rainville said:

Actually, ditch A-One, too far away.

Only a short trip on baht bus to WS and Soi6 even less 

Consider centara Azure

great location, and in your budget

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

5 minutes ago, fostraswift said:

Consider centara Azure

great location, and in your budget

Thanks! Just checked it out, looks very nice but seems like the rooms are pretty small and on the very steep end of my budget window (100$ per night).

I'm not a fan when they put half the bathroom in the room (sink etc.), much prefer when there's a clear separation between the sleeping  area and the bathoom.

Try Whitehouse Condotel, central location.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

http://windyinn-pattaya.com has some simple beachfront rooms within your budget. The only beachfront rooms in Central Pattaya. They also have a small beachfront pool and bar. 

Though not somewhere I would recommend if you like peace and quiet. As I'm sure that you'll be hearing music above the sound of the sea. It's not like the old days when that part of Walking Street had palm trees and no bars.

Blue Sky, Deep Blue Z10 and Acqua. Not sure about the prices though, it's been a while since my last trip in Jan. But just as a reference:

in July, I paid B931 per night at Blue Sky for a Superior Balcony room, although I'd say all their rooms are the same.

in Oct, I'm paying B1840 per night at Acqua for an Exclusive Deluxe room. Paid B2500 per night for same room type in May though.

Page 10- outdated roomd

Acqua-shoebox size room

As mentioned better choose 247 boutique-same location as Acqua but rooms a bit bigger,has a pool.Cheaper.Actually i used the pool at Acqua without sucharge.Also what i  liked about the room is you can watch the girl taking a shower.

On 06/09/2019 at 10:04, Rainville said:

I have not stayed at any of the 4 but Page 10 and Acqua are on my short list to try out for future trips.

5 hours ago, buck011 said:

Page 10- outdated roomd

Acqua-shoebox size room

As mentioned better choose 247 boutique-same location as Acqua but rooms a bit bigger,has a pool.Cheaper.Actually i used the pool at Acqua without sucharge.Also what i  liked about the room is you can watch the girl taking a shower.

Thanks for the advice, I just checked 247 Boutique.

Honestly, after checking the videos, seems like the room is smaller, smaller balcony, smaller bathroom, smaller rooftop pool/bar, smaller tv... On the same location (soi Honey) for roughly the same price on my dates (30$ total on 5 nights). 

All in all, for now I still lean towards Acqua hotel.

Cheers :) !

I’ve stayed at the Centara Azure last two trips. Great hotel, good facilities. The rooms are little small, but, they’re nice and well maintained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, buck011 said:

Page 10- outdated roomd

Acqua-shoebox size room

Page 10 rooms have had a refurb, first time i ever stayed there was july, i liked my room but before the refurb it was getting tatty by all accounts.

Of the four that you list i would go with Page 10. I didn't think that A one was guest friendly but stand to be corrected. No experience of Mera Mera

i normally stay at 247. i like it. rooms are small, but i like the setup and the glass-walled showers etc... 
i don't see any upside for the Acqua compared to 247 personally. rooms are nearly the same size and you loose the glass-walled shower. yes, the rooms have a more modern design and look slightly nicer, but i don't care about that. 

in november i'll stay at Page 10 for the first time. large rooms, refurbished, separate bathtub. an additional factor: no limit joiner policy: they don't charge for a 2nd or 3rd girl and afaik also don't have a 20+ only policy.

my recommendation: unless you want to be very close to Soi6, then i suggest Page 10 out of the ones in your OP. imho clearly the best choice. 
if you book: i recommend you check the price directly on their website. it was by far the cheapest option for me. they also give an additional 5% off if you register an account. (it takes 1 minute, so definitely do that!)

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

5 minutes ago, petehoax said:

i normally stay at 247. i like it. rooms are small, but i like the setup and the glass-walled showers etc... 
i don't see any upside for the acqua compared to 247 personally. rooms are nearly the same size and you loose the glass-walled shower. yes, the rooms have a more modern design and look slightly nicer, but i don't care about that. 

in november i'll stay at Page 10 for the first time. large rooms, refurbished, separate bathtub. an additional factor: no limit joiner policy: they don't charge for a 2nd or 3rd girl and afaik also don't have a 20+ only policy.

my recommendation: unless you want to be very close to Soi6, then i suggest Page 10 out of the ones in your OP. imho clearly the best choice. 
if you book: i recommend you check the price directly on their website. it was by far the cheapest option for me. they also give an additional 5% off if you register an account. (it takes 1 minute, so definitely do that!)

Thanks! Seems like lots of people are suggesting Page 10. I'll look more into it and will check their website's price tomorrow.

:)

I stayed in mera mere last june,and for the price i wouldnt stay again,the sea view is only partial and mainly looks at the hard rock,pool is way too shallow and has very limited storage space in the room.

I stayed in Acqua in june this year but we had the 2 bedroom apartment,the bedrooms were very small and ive heard the normal rooms are small. I didnt make much use of the facilities there however as was only in town for 36 hrs. I would stay again here.

Best place i stayed in last few trips in you price range was baracuda mgallery,it does need a little freshening up but i felt the hotel was great value and couldnt fault the service. 

However saying that for my next trip ive booked @mind residence again,been a few years now since ive stayed there and only stopped as i seemed to stay there all the time,but the rooms have been refurbed since my last visit. 

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Archived