IGNORED

Need fast internet, and some...

kster

I am planning to come over to Patts for a work retreat, need to get away to clear my head and have 12-16h working days with some hardcore nonsense in between to put it all in perspective....

I build websites and do Facebook ads management for clients so I NEED fast internet as the first and most important thing. I don't want a 'normal' hotel room, as I will be spending so much time in doors, I want some space and a view. At least 40 sqm, a good gym and a rooftop pool would be another requirement so I can take short energy burst breaks.

And lastly, somewhere not too far from all the extra curricular activities, so needs to be more or less centrally located....

Does this place exist? It will be for about 10-11 nights

I rent an apartment for when I want space, gym and a rooftop pool. Their WiFi wasn't much of which to speak, but then I had an unlimited 20 Mbps mobile broadband connection and an outside terrace. Though I don't do any work, I did make good use of my mobile broadband connection. Gym and pool on the roof.

The apartment itself was only 34 sq.m. but the outside space with table and chairs and washing machine offered another 12 sq.m.

Apartment is on the ground floor, so I would take myself up to the roof with the laptop if I wanted to be online and see the horizon.  Steam room up there too. but I don't see the point of those. :)

On 05/09/2019 at 15:56, kster said:

I am planning to come over to Patts for a work retreat, need to get away to clear my head and have 12-16h working days with some hardcore nonsense in between to put it all in perspective....

I build websites and do Facebook ads management for clients so I NEED fast internet as the first and most important thing. I don't want a 'normal' hotel room, as I will be spending so much time in doors, I want some space and a view. At least 40 sqm, a good gym and a rooftop pool would be another requirement so I can take short energy burst breaks.

And lastly, somewhere not too far from all the extra curricular activities, so needs to be more or less centrally located....

Does this place exist? It will be for about 10-11 nights

Well, check airbnb and see which hosts provide private fast internet connection + other requirements.

Alternatively, could it be that tethering with a 4G phone and the fastest internet option from a thai sim card enough?

On 06/09/2019 at 22:03, KhunChang said:

Well, check airbnb and see which hosts provide private fast internet connection + other requirements.

Alternatively, could it be that tethering with a 4G phone and the fastest internet option from a thai sim card enough?

Likely best for you as I don’t think any hotel, even the best keep up to increasing internet speed standards. 

I worked extensively from the following hotels and did not have any issues with internet speeds:

1. Marriott (now Avani)

2. Hilton

3. Siam @ Siam

4. Grande Centre Point

Several years back I was told by a Marriott guest that the hotel's IT folks would remove some data throttling at his request. 

For each one you might pay a premium for more space.  The 1 bedroom suites at Avani were once reasonable in cost, not anymore.  The rooms in the top floor of Siam @ Siam have higher ceilings and feel bigger.

Archived