IGNORED

Pancakes

Any recommendations for places that do good pancakes in Central Patts?

Not the roti type ones sold on the mobile carts but the type one can have for breakfast with maple syrup and bacon or elevenses with jam and cream.

Tigglebitties has the best pancakes I've eaten in Pattaya but charge 60 baht for an adequate amount of immitation maple syrup. Not in Cental Pattaya though.

The Golf Club on LK Metro has smaller, thicker pancakes that are good and put a bottle of syrup on the table. 

Best value is Captains Bar and Restaurant on Soi Honey. The pancakes are large and good with a bottle of syrup. Cost around 70 baht.  They are often included on breakfast specials on the sign out front.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

The Nags Head restaurant/guest house on second road across from Royal Garden has good pancakes.

I was quite surprised.  Normally not very easy to find in Pattaya.

I’ll try a few of the other places mentioned.

9 hours ago, PR1977 said:

My vote for best pancakes in central Pattaya would go to Casa Pascal on 2nd Road just south of The Avenue shopping plaza.  Casa Pascal has breakfast-lunch buffet (245 baht) that runs from 8.00 am to 2 pm.  It includes "made to order" pancakes and waffles with real maple syrup.

The online menu of Casa Pascal's breakfast lunch buffet:

Untitled-1.jpg.06d87a5108ae0de92e7c665f2e08681e.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I would say smokin Joes but i think i read that place has shut shop. really good pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, was a regular breakfast joint for me.

1 hour ago, TREX7 said:

I would say smokin Joes but i think i read that place has shut shop. really good pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, was a regular breakfast joint for me.

I would second the recommendation for Smokin' Joes.  Excellent buttermilk pancakes and streaky bacon, real U.S. style.  I believe the owner has put Smokin' Joes up for sale, but I don't think it has closed yet.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

16 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I would second the recommendation for Smokin' Joes.  Excellent buttermilk pancakes and streaky bacon, real U.S. style.  I believe the owner has put Smokin' Joes up for sale, but I don't think it has closed yet.

Evil

i hope hes there when im back, great ribs, the waffles and pancakes were outstanding , loved the bacon. not too bad price as well. worth it for me, and you get a tea or coffee with it

In the past I have gotten some pretty good pancakes at Baywatch Restaurant on Beach Rd.

It is located about the Soi 13/4 area.

Good breakfast IMHO.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 2 months later...

Just had the pancakes at the cafe in Food Villa on Second Road near Soi 15. They were very good, not too thick to be cake-like, 5-6 inches in diameter, served with bottles of syrup and honey but no butter. The kicker was they cost all of 48 baht. I'll be returning whenever my pancake jones strikes. Highly recommended.

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 12/11/2019 at 19:55, likeaking said:

Just had the pancakes at the cafe in Food Villa on Second Road near Soi 15. They were very good, not too thick to be cake-like, 5-6 inches in diameter, served with bottles of syrup and honey but no butter. The kicker was they cost all of 48 baht. I'll be returning whenever my pancake jones strikes. Highly recommended.

Update. Yesterday had the pancakes and they were very small but good. Don't know why the size varies but the small ones aren't such a good value. YMMV

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

When I was here last time, casa pascal, includes pancakes in its 260 buffet menu. Which I believe is great value 

On 05/09/2019 at 02:18, PR1977 said:

Not the roti type ones sold on the mobile carts but the type one can have for breakfast with maple syrup and bacon or elevenses with jam and cream.

Archived